This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Theory About SciFi Premier

I have a theory about why SciFi chose to use July 15th as the premeir date. Really I only have one theory and it basically sucks, but it makes sense. They chose the middle of the month because they knew most people get paid every two weeks. Once in the middle of the month and once at the end of the month. July 15th just happens to be my payday and that overexubberant feeling I'll have when watching Stargate will come from my paycheck. Moreover, SciFi knew people will be happy coming home to work, not only because it would premier new episodes, but because of the added bonus of getting paid.

Laugh at me all you want. I'm just glad I'm getting paid the same day I watch the new episodes of Stargate. LOL.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

nice theory, makes sense lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
      I have a theory about why SciFi chose to use July 15th as the premeir date. Really I only have one theory and it basically sucks, but it makes sense. They chose the middle of the month because they knew most people get paid every two weeks. Once in the middle of the month and once at the end of the month. July 15th just happens to be my payday and that overexubberant feeling I'll have when watching Stargate will come from my paycheck. Moreover, SciFi knew people will be happy coming home to work, not only because it would premier new episodes, but because of the added bonus of getting paid.

Laugh at me all you want. I'm just glad I'm getting paid the same day I watch the new episodes of Stargate. LOL.
      well im not going to laugh since now that i think about it u are right. O had forgotten about that so now i am more happy
      sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

that makes sense...

then again, maybe they just said 2nd week of july four or five months ago.

but ur theory is good. didnt think of it
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

SciFi wisely times its season premieres to occur while the broadcast networks are in reruns. It helps boost ratings.

Comment

I think both theories are valid. In fact, both might be true. The date was probably calculated for highest possible ratings.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              SciFi wisely times its season premieres to occur while the broadcast networks are in reruns. It helps boost ratings.
              oh yea and also they have to do it mid july so then when they finish like in october i belive they start airing in other places like the uk and canada and stuff and then they get to see the season finale before us. U.S gets season start then mid season takes brake and then rest of world starts season and finale finishes and then take brake and we finish like a month later or so.
              sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

I’m not trying to debunk your theory, which seems plausible…. But you could also argue that on the pay day Fridays people tend to go out (i.e. watch movies, have dinner, go out for a drink) rather than stay home so there’s more chance of favorite TV Shows getting TiVoed, don’t you think?

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
                  I’m not trying to debunk your theory, which seems plausible…. But you could also argue that on the pay day Fridays people tend to go out (i.e. watch movies, have dinner, go out for a drink) rather than stay home so there’s more chance of favorite TV Shows getting TiVoed, don’t you think?
                  yea also forgot about that but the true fans will stay unless u have a date with some1 or something that is worth giving up the scifi friday

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                    I think both theories are valid. In fact, both might be true. The date was probably calculated for highest possible ratings.
                    Agreed. I also agree with the payday theory.

Comment

but what about the poor guys who only get paid once a month at the end of the month. they obviously need a nice boost in the middle of the month maybe it's for those guy's so they have something to look forward too after they blew their paycheck in the first two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by vandred
                        yea also forgot about that but the true fans will stay unless u have a date with some1 or something that is worth giving up the scifi friday
                        As if not bring your date to your house and watch Stargate and Battlestar...

Comment

Here in the US, it's premierE.

Joseph Stalin was a premier.

Though I think premier is used synonmously with premiere.

Comment

Well could be in the UK that all the kids go back to school and the parents are happy so they feel good when watching stargate and the kids have to be in the house by a certain time.
                            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                              Well could be in the UK that all the kids go back to school and the parents are happy so they feel good when watching stargate and the kids have to be in the house by a certain time.
                              You guys have to go back to school in the middle of july
                              Man, that would've killed my summer .... not that I get a summer break any more

your theory's good though....

Comment

Working...
                              X