PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Gate Screensaver

Wrathox
June 19th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Has anyone downloaded this off of the Atlantis section on SciFi.com? Its the first promo gate we see of Atlantis (bluish-green one). Its pretty cool, it just the gate and light spinning in the inner track one constellation to the next activating each of the chevrons until the whole gate lights up. No whoooosh thingy or event horizon but still pretty cool. Wonder if thats what its going to be like on the show?

Mio
June 19th, 2004, 03:59 PM
yes, i downloaded it. It looks pretty cool....

Also, i realize that It's probably only like that because it's just a wallpaper....but wouldn't it be cool if the event horizon was the cooler light blue swirlyness with the ripples done differently like this?

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downloads/images/Atlantis9-800x600.jpg

Shadow Gate
June 20th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I have both that Desktop and Screensaver. I think it would be cool if the Atlantis gate dailing system worked like that.

As for the event horizon looking swirling like on the wallpaper, that would be cool, but unessesary.

SGSlugger
June 23rd, 2004, 07:48 AM
I've downloaded it, but haven't gotten around to installing it. I'm excited to see the dialing sequence of the new gate -- if this it.

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 07:50 AM
Haven't downloaded it yet. Thinking about it

SGSlugger
June 24th, 2004, 07:05 AM
I just installed it. Not to impressive as a dialing sequence, but fun none-the-less! :)

Selmak
June 27th, 2004, 06:56 AM
I tried to download the Mac OS X version but it strangely didn't work.

sphinx2
June 27th, 2004, 11:55 PM
What do you guys think of my gate dialing simulator ?

Sphinx
www.sg1.co.uk

petzke_42
June 28th, 2004, 12:40 AM
I'm lazy...you should direct link to it :P or not...and I will check it tomorrow when I'm not about to go to bed :D

Erik Pasternak
June 28th, 2004, 12:10 PM
I have both that Desktop and Screensaver. I think it would be cool if the Atlantis gate dailing system worked like that.

As for the event horizon looking swirling like on the wallpaper, that would be cool, but unessesary.
I think the dialing sequence of the Atlantis is similar (if not identical) to the one seen in the early Atlantis commercials (which were aired around the seventh season finale of SG-1). I read somewhere (maybe on the GateWorld Atlantis page, I'm not sure) that the Atlantis gate spins, albeit at a much faster rate than the SGCs and in the commerical, the inner track was spinning, but the one in the screensaver was not.

Selmak
June 28th, 2004, 12:20 PM
I got it to work... it's kinda stupid... it's not even the Atlantis gate. Some fish swim and the gate dials with lights instead of rotating the ring.

Chevron_nine
June 29th, 2004, 10:21 AM
I think the dialing sequence of the Atlantis is similar (if not identical) to the one seen in the early Atlantis commercials (which were aired around the seventh season finale of SG-1). I read somewhere (maybe on the GateWorld Atlantis page, I'm not sure) that the Atlantis gate spins, albeit at a much faster rate than the SGCs and in the commerical, the inner track was spinning, but the one in the screensaver was not.
Actually, In Atlantis, the prop for the new gate doesn't rotate, so I'm pretty sure it won't rotate on the show either, because that would require CG every time the gate is activated. I'm pretty sure the dialing sequence will be like the one in the screensaver, but hopefully will look a little better.

Erik Pasternak
June 29th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Actually, In Atlantis, the prop for the new gate doesn't rotate, so I'm pretty sure it won't rotate on the show either, because that would require CG every time the gate is activated. I'm pretty sure the dialing sequence will be like the one in the screensaver, but hopefully will look a little better.
Where did you find this out? Cause I KNOW I read that the gate will spin, just faster than the SGC gate. I'll try to find it.

Erik Pasternak
June 29th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Okay, according to the GateWorld page, it said that the inner track spins in a pattern of light, I just hope it's not as cheesy as the screensaver though.

Chevron_nine
June 29th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Where did you find this out? Cause I KNOW I read that the gate will spin, just faster than the SGC gate. I'll try to find it.
It's on the preview to atlantis on the lost city DVD.

Shadow Gate
June 29th, 2004, 01:56 PM
What I read was the inner track doesn't spin physically, but it forms a track made of light, and that is what spins, and because it's made of light, it spins faster than the SGC gate which has a physical inner track.

Chevron_nine
June 29th, 2004, 02:18 PM
What I read was the inner track doesn't spin physically, but it forms a track made of light, and that is what spins, and because it's made of light, it spins faster than the SGC gate which has a physical inner track.

This is the new gate, New and improved gate, mind you. Instead of actually rotating the gate, It's a series of lights that have been programmed in by a model shop...........You can actually wiggle the Stargate. It's a problem for us now that we have to figure out. We have to spray it with some kind of anti-wiggling stuff I guess.

This is a quote from the dvd preview. Interpret it however you want to. For me it seems like it will not rotate, but rather the "light", and not the entire track, will rotate just like in the screensaver. The fact that it wiggles, shows that it's not sturdy enough to have a physically moving inner ring, so if the entire track(in light) rotates they would need to do it in CG. If it was done in CG, then they wouldn't need a model shop to program the lights.

The fact that it wiggles also shows they just don't build Stargate's like they used to:)

Lt Colonel John Sheppard/
September 10th, 2009, 05:06 PM
has anyone got to the link in awhile because it says for me web page not found.
can someone post the link again?