This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Gate Screensaver

Has anyone downloaded this off of the Atlantis section on SciFi.com? Its the first promo gate we see of Atlantis (bluish-green one). Its pretty cool, it just the gate and light spinning in the inner track one constellation to the next activating each of the chevrons until the whole gate lights up. No whoooosh thingy or event horizon but still pretty cool. Wonder if thats what its going to be like on the show?

yes, i downloaded it. It looks pretty cool....

Also, i realize that It's probably only like that because it's just a wallpaper....but wouldn't it be cool if the event horizon was the cooler light blue swirlyness with the ripples done differently like this?

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/downlo...s9-800x600.jpg
    sigpic

Comment

I have both that Desktop and Screensaver. I think it would be cool if the Atlantis gate dailing system worked like that.

As for the event horizon looking swirling like on the wallpaper, that would be cool, but unessesary.

Comment

I've downloaded it, but haven't gotten around to installing it. I'm excited to see the dialing sequence of the new gate -- if this it.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Haven't downloaded it yet. Thinking about it
          __

__

Comment

I just installed it. Not to impressive as a dialing sequence, but fun none-the-less!
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I tried to download the Mac OS X version but it strangely didn't work.

Comment

What do you guys think of my gate dialing simulator ?

Sphinx
                www.sg1.co.uk

Comment

I'm lazy...you should direct link to it or not...and I will check it tomorrow when I'm not about to go to bed
                  "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Gate
                    I have both that Desktop and Screensaver. I think it would be cool if the Atlantis gate dailing system worked like that.

As for the event horizon looking swirling like on the wallpaper, that would be cool, but unessesary.
                    I think the dialing sequence of the Atlantis is similar (if not identical) to the one seen in the early Atlantis commercials (which were aired around the seventh season finale of SG-1). I read somewhere (maybe on the GateWorld Atlantis page, I'm not sure) that the Atlantis gate spins, albeit at a much faster rate than the SGCs and in the commerical, the inner track was spinning, but the one in the screensaver was not.
                    Rocky

Comment

I got it to work... it's kinda stupid... it's not even the Atlantis gate. Some fish swim and the gate dials with lights instead of rotating the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                        I think the dialing sequence of the Atlantis is similar (if not identical) to the one seen in the early Atlantis commercials (which were aired around the seventh season finale of SG-1). I read somewhere (maybe on the GateWorld Atlantis page, I'm not sure) that the Atlantis gate spins, albeit at a much faster rate than the SGCs and in the commerical, the inner track was spinning, but the one in the screensaver was not.
                        Actually, In Atlantis, the prop for the new gate doesn't rotate, so I'm pretty sure it won't rotate on the show either, because that would require CG every time the gate is activated. I'm pretty sure the dialing sequence will be like the one in the screensaver, but hopefully will look a little better.
                        My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine
                          Actually, In Atlantis, the prop for the new gate doesn't rotate, so I'm pretty sure it won't rotate on the show either, because that would require CG every time the gate is activated. I'm pretty sure the dialing sequence will be like the one in the screensaver, but hopefully will look a little better.
                          Where did you find this out? Cause I KNOW I read that the gate will spin, just faster than the SGC gate. I'll try to find it.
                          Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 29 June 2004, 11:22 AM. Reason: typo
                          Rocky

Comment

Okay, according to the GateWorld page, it said that the inner track spins in a pattern of light, I just hope it's not as cheesy as the screensaver though.
                            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              Where did you find this out? Cause I KNOW I read that the gate will spin, just faster than the SGC gate. I'll try to find it.
                              It's on the preview to atlantis on the lost city DVD.
                              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Working...
                              X