Star Trek: Enterprise's Cut Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Enterprise's Cut Budget

Did you guys read about the budget cut Enterprise will be getting. To make sure it wouldn't be cancelled, the producers offered UPN 800k for each episode, and that is like half of what Stargate gets per episode, i hope enterprise does good on Fridays so it can get its budget back up
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Holy cow, that is awful. Back to obviously fake backdrops on the stages, sounds only for phaser effects, and an all-around cheesy, yet charming, SFX atmosphere ...

They wanted to bring the spirit of TOS back. Now they have no choice but to

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. Myabe the ENT staff can stop releying of "kewl SFX" and actually write a decent story for a change.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

i hope that'll wake up the writers on the show.

Comment

Writers are getting lazy....why do you think Reality TV has tragically led to the demise of good television?
          sigpic

Comment

The only network that hasn't come up with a high ratings reality show is the dreadful WB, and i'm happy, becuase they're goin to kepp on trying to find a reality show that will give them good ratings, but that'll never happen (well i hope ) haha.. But i don't want the Star Trek series to end so soon

Comment

I could write better ideas then what is being poped into the arse of that dead horse.

As for budget, I think actually you may be confused.

They cut the price to UPN for per episode , Thats what has been cut.
              Apparently thats what saved the show.

The Budget will probaily be reduced or cut down a little bit as a result, But I am sure we can still expect some good FX next season.
              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                As for budget, I think actually you may be confused.

They cut the price to UPN for per episode , Thats what has been cut.
                Apparently thats what saved the show.
                Oh no, thats exactly what i meant, what did you think i said? Did you think that i said they would only be getting 800k for the whole season?!

Comment

Sorry I skimed passed your post.
                  The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Oh no, haha, its A OK. But if any series only got 800k for a full season, that would be just... 'bad'.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                      Holy cow, that is awful. Back to obviously fake backdrops on the stages, sounds only for phaser effects, and an all-around cheesy, yet charming, SFX atmosphere ...

They wanted to bring the spirit of TOS back. Now they have no choice but to
                      I'm a hopeless optimist, but maybe that's the best thing that can happen. The writers must come up with good story lines and great characterizations rather than rely on special effects. TOS still has great stories and wonderful characters even though I grin at the '60s special effects now.

whispers *Stargate SG-1 take note*
                      Last edited by Slainte; 20 June 2004, 05:29 PM.
                      Slainte
                      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

But if the Effects are 'too' weird and fake, it would scare me to watch it again... Haha... But i'm still confident they can work around the money. Angel's S5 budget cut was pretty noticeable, well maybe not, but did you notice how they hardly showed Angel or Spike turn into vampires?
                        Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 20 June 2004, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                          Oh no, haha, its A OK. But if any series only got 800k for a full season, that would be just... 'bad'.
                          Man theres far too much money pumping around in the US TV market, I doubt in any other country a show gets more than 50-100k for a season, and they're just as good.

Comment

guh..either way, something needs to be done with enterprise...something...anything...i dont wanna see it get cancelled!

i'm really tired of the time crap too...its all fun every now and then but geez...they're getting a little wild with it.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                            Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                            Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

If UPN would stop with the horrible comedies, maybe they would actually get some high ratings shows, and have some time to budget in a Sunday night for UPN weeks, then try to put Star Trek there, i don't think theres much competition there for scifi (unless it goes against Charmed, but Charmed is loosing viewers so it doesn't matter). If it goes bad, move it back to Fridays, haha.. Then if Trek does better, UPN can be nice and up their budget again.

Comment

Working...
                              X