This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little help please!!!

Hey everybody I'm new to Battlestar Galactica. Despite the fact the ratings were shot when NBC aired the mini-marathon, I was one of the viewers. It was the first time I've seen Galactica, and I was pretty blown away. It was a great balance of drama and action, and I immediately got right into the show. I have a few questions for all you hardcore fans out there; some of these may seem stupid to you but I'd just like a little clarification so when Season 2 premiers on Friday I won't be totally lost.

Is Season 1 coming out on DVD anytime soon? I know there was a contest where the set was being given away but otherwise I haven't been able to find the first season on DVD, just the soundtrack. I haven't seen the miniseries yet either, but I plan to either buy or rent it soon so I can get caught up. Since the first time I saw Galactica was on NBC, I missed the Sci-Fi Marathon by a few days. It always bothers me when I jump into a series when I haven't seen previous seasons... I got into 24 this season and although I wasn't lost, I felt like I was missing something. Hopefully some of you guys can clarify some info for me.

Ok, my first question is about Boomer. Apparently she's the human model the Cylons use to infiltrate the human populace. I understand that despite the fact Boomer is Cylon, she doesn't know until she has the encounter with the other ones who look like her. What I don't get is how there are multiple copies of her among the fleet. Do the different Boomers know that the other exists? I imagine that even though Galactica is fairly large, two people who look exactly the same should stand out, especially if they both work in the fleet. And don't they have the same name? I don't get how they can both exist at the same time without people knowing something is wrong.

Next question is about the super-hottie Number Six. I get that she's the same type of human model Cylon, and there are multiple copies of her. I don't get what she does in Dr. Gaius' mind. For one, how is she in his mind, and why does she help him aid the humans when she's a Cylon herself?

That's all I can think of at this rate, it's pretty early in the morning so I'll post more questions as I think of them, your replies are appreciated.
    Visit The Station (Warning: NOT family appropriate)

Hail to the victors!

Originally posted by KTrain22
    Is Season 1 coming out on DVD anytime soon? I know there was a contest where the set was being given away but otherwise I haven't been able to find the first season on DVD, just the soundtrack. I haven't seen the miniseries yet either, but I plan to either buy or rent it soon so I can get caught up. Since the first time I saw Galactica was on NBC, I missed the Sci-Fi Marathon by a few days. It always bothers me when I jump into a series when I haven't seen previous seasons... I got into 24 this season and although I wasn't lost, I felt like I was missing something. Hopefully some of you guys can clarify some info for me.
    I don't know about the Region 1 North American set, but the Region 4 boxset is being released on August 17th here in Australia (same day as SG-1 season8 - whoo!)
    So probably sometime around then perhaps

Ok, my first question is about Boomer. Apparently she's the human model the Cylons use to infiltrate the human populace. I understand that despite the fact Boomer is Cylon, she doesn't know until she has the encounter with the other ones who look like her. What I don't get is how there are multiple copies of her among the fleet. Do the different Boomers know that the other exists? I imagine that even though Galactica is fairly large, two people who look exactly the same should stand out, especially if they both work in the fleet. And don't they have the same name? I don't get how they can both exist at the same time without people knowing something is wrong.
    AFAIK, there is only one Boomer in the fleet. The other copies were with the Cylons, and presumebly end up on Caprica when the Cylons invade.
    Spoiler:
    Apparently the copies are aware of themselves, in a faint kinda fuzzy way. More on that in Season 2

Next question is about the super-hottie Number Six. I get that she's the same type of human model Cylon, and there are multiple copies of her. I don't get what she does in Dr. Gaius' mind. For one, how is she in his mind, and why does she help him aid the humans when she's a Cylon herself?
    Spoiler:
    More story on Number Six in Season2, which is meant to at least show what she might actually be up to

Comment

Thanks a lot for the info Agent Dark.. some questions to clarify your answers up a bit more...

So which Boomer is the real one? And does the real one know the copies exist and do the copies even know the other copies exist? I just don't get how similar-looking individuals, whether human or Cylon, can exist together in the same fleet without someone noticing and doing something.

What does AFAIK stand for?

So throughout Season One, there is no explanation for why Number Six is in Gaius' head?

Thanks.
      Visit The Station (Warning: NOT family appropriate)

Hail to the victors!

Comment

AFAIK means As Far As I Know

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has joined Fox and Warner Bros in offering Best Buy a title before other retailers. Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 will appear in Best Buy stores on July 26, and sell for $69.99. Best Buy has listed it as "Battlestar Galactica (Uk Version)," which doesn't make sense; it's the entire first season of the series. It also appears that they're charging full SRP, and they'll get away with it since they don't have any competition for 2 months.

We've been told by other retailers that the regular retail release will be on September 20.

We'll try to post more information when it's available, but Best Buy exclusive titles are kept fairly quiet.
        There is no real Boomer, they are all Cylons. And #6 in Baltar's head seems to have a separate plan to the rest of the Cylons

Comment

What Blade Runner said

Comment

Caprica Boomer knew who she was from the word go... Galactica Boomer is what they call a sleeper... activated for specific purposes... At this stage we don't know which is the prototype. But it is interesting that in the miniseries, Caprica Boomer appears at the end and says, "Don't worry, we'll find them" and one of the Number Sixes says, "By your command". It makes me wonder if she's the top dog.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
            X