The Stargate Primer - Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Stargate Primer - Updated

Sorry in advance to Darren, David and anyone else who would post this - just noticed that the Stargate Primer had been updated and I couldn't find a topic that I thought existed so I'll start this one.

The Stargate Primer has been updated ready for the new seasons.

Thanks David, Darren and anyone else involved.

Thanks, Warrior! We've been working hard to give the Primer a shiney update just in time for this week's season premieres.

If you come across anyone who is interested in checking out the shows for the first time but is afraid to try and catch up on the last eight years, we'd love it if you sent them here:

http://www.gateworld.net/articles/fe...er/index.shtml
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think, although am not positive, I have located an error within the Stargate Primer, specifically under Daniel Jackson.

When Daniel violated those rules to try and save his adoptive family on Abydos from the Goa'uld Anubis, the Ancients wiped his memory and forced him to retake human form. He eventually rejoined SG-1.
      In Threads, if I remember correctly, Daniel asked Oma why he had taken human form. Oma responded by saying it was his [Daniel's] choice, although it was her idea for him to be naked. This contradicts the statement in which "the Ancients...forced him to retake human form."

If I am in error, please forgive me.
      Indoles Est Meus Mucro

Comment

Also, shouldn't Divide and Conquer be on the list of episodes? Since Jack and Sam's relationship is mentioned in the Primer and is a big part of Threads, Divide and Conquer seems like an important episode to have seen to see the start of the story.

Comment

One thing I note that may or may not be correct.
          The Primer states the Stargate was discovered by a German.
          If you listen to what they say in the movie they're defenetly not germans. The archeologists are from Sweden.
          I'm fairly certain that "Herre Jösses!" is a swedish term.
          But if anyone have evidence they were germans please feel free to direct me to it since I haven't spotted anything to suggest the archeologists were anything but swedes.

Just trying to keep it all correct and if swedes get some part in the Stargate mythos... who am I to argue?

Comment

I've edited the Jackson entry.

"Divide and Conquer" was previously on the recommended viewing list, but it's one I removed in an attempted to pare down the list to something approaching watchable. (It's still well over 50 episodes.)

Pretty sure Dr. Langford was German, but I'm open to evidence to the contrary. Daniel speaks German to his daughter in "1969," at least. And in "Watergate" we learn that it was the Germans who recovered the DHD from Giza.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
              Pretty sure Dr. Langford was German, but I'm open to evidence to the contrary. Daniel speaks German to his daughter in "1969," at least. And in "Watergate" we learn that it was the Germans who recovered the DHD from Giza.

Darren

There really isn't any evidence to support that they were germans but there really isn't alot to support they're swedes either.
              The DHD was found by another expedition so we can't say what nationality the expedition that found the Stargate was based on that.

I have a feeling TBTB of the tv-show thinks they were germans and the people behind the movie made them swedes because Dr. Langford was played by a swedish actress in the movie.
              So perhaps we can add this to the list of mistakes made in the transfer from the film to the series...

As to why Daniel spoke German to Dr Langford IF she was from Sweden is fairly simple to explain. Many swedes can speak German but I doubt Daniel can speak Swedish with as much ease as he does German.

Comment

Well as long as were pointing out mistakes, or at least potential mistakes... hehe

Under Chapter 1, The Stargate it states that "Thousands of years ago, a highly advanced alien race known to us only as the Ancients built a network of thousands of Stargates all over the galaxy"

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it be Millions of years ago and not Thousands

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

... Many, many, many thousands of years ago!

Darren

Comment

Working...
                  X