This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 Get In the Gate Sweepstakes

This is probably going to be announced officially by the SciFi Channel on June 25th -- I found out about it by searching for "Stargate" over at the events section at SciFi.com:

http://www.scifi.com/events/event.ph...ate=06/19/2004

SCIFI.COM 6/25/2004

From June 25 through August 6, enter to win the Stargate SG-1/Stargate Atlantis Get in the Gate Sweepstakes. At stake is a trip to Vancouver to the sets of both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, with walk-on rolls in both. In this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, SCI FI will give one lucky Stargate fan a chance to win the ultimate 30 minutes (15 minutes times two) of fame.

Starting June 25, visit www.scifi.com/stargate/ for more information
    or to enter.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/
    Last edited by morjana; 20 June 2004, 08:18 PM. Reason: old age

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for the info morjana!!

I'm going to tell everyone right now, don't bother to enter because I'm going to win

No, really please don't enter!
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I really hope this will be open to everyone.. not just the US.

ohh I'm so excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
        I really hope this will be open to everyone.. not just the US.

ohh I'm so excited!

I wouldn't hold your breath on that hope...

I'm fairly certain it will only be open to US citizens, over the age of 18 -- and hopefully this year, Floridians can participate also.

Australia and the UK have their own version of Get in the Gate sweepstakes so far this year. Hopefully other countries will be participating too.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanks Morjana for the tip. Will be checking out Scifi for info.
          sigpic

Comment

Appear on BOTH shows? As the same character? Wow, even I might have to enter this one. Get a chance to meet David Hewlett... and Joe Flanigan. But mostly David. That'd be nifty.

Comment

Good find Morjana! And yay! that they're running this contest again - this ended up being a lot of fun last year.

It doesn't say you'll play the same character, just that you'll get a walk-on role in both shows. I assume you could be gate technician number 3 in SG-1 and then scurry over and get dressed in robes and a headdress and be alien priestess no. 3 on Atlantis. How cool would that be to have a costume and play an alien.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I didn't actually think you'd play the same character. That would draw too much attention to yourself. Just thought it'd be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  I didn't actually think you'd play the same character. That would draw too much attention to yourself. Just thought it'd be funny.
                  And jeez, here I thought you were always serious.

Actually it might be possible. You could be walkon gate technician opening the iris in an SG-1 episode. Then the Atlantis gang might somehow finally establish contact with earth via the gate in their series finale and you could be the same gate technician receiving the signal. That would all be very cool.

I'm *so* going to enter this year.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

You could be someone from Stargate Command going to Atlantis to help out the team there... and then getting killed. Or you could be someone from Atlantis who "escapes" to Earth. Just another nameless alien immigrant.

Comment

Hmm... well, I sure do hope that this contest is open to all US residents who WILL BE 18 by the time of filming... otherwise, freaking sucks for me... I turin 18 in SEPTEMBER.
                      Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

d'oh d'oh d'oh! Why can't I be 18?
                        sigpic

Comment

That would be so great to win that trip! I'm definately gonna enter!!!!

~Misty
                          *Tons of cameras flash all around*

Me: You'll be seeing lights for days!

Michael Shanks: I know! I feel like I'm in a disco!

Comment

Now does anybody want to tell me that they're having this contest in Germany as well? I'd be so happy!

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/getinthegate/

Looks like everybody who enters will also get access to special "Atlantis" footage, via sweepstakes sponsor Yahoo!

Darren
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X