PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in complete Rising synopsis?

Beagle
June 18th, 2004, 05:58 PM
I'm writing a up a review/synopsis of Rising and giving it to Thor for his site, but I was wondering if there was anyone interested in reading it here. Thor, no offense, I was just reading the Season Eight thread where they got on you about reusing Deb Young's writeup of New Order, so I thought I'd avoid any controversy and offer it to anyone who wants it.

:o I can't promise as to the quality of my writing though, so it could turn out no one wants it.

tfalls1
June 18th, 2004, 06:02 PM
yes please!

Bakjuh
June 18th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Sure, why not?

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Hey, that would be great, don't matter of the quality type

shockwave
June 19th, 2004, 01:10 AM
yes, I don't mind being spoiled

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Any idea when it may be ready(ish)?

Thor
June 19th, 2004, 02:25 AM
He told me yesterday:

I have my notes and I'll get them in a better form tomorrow and get that sent to you

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the info

Wass
June 19th, 2004, 11:21 AM
That would be great Beagle

tfalls1
June 20th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Anyone know if Thor has the synopsis site up yet and what the link will be?
thanks!!!!!

Thor
June 20th, 2004, 11:19 AM
I don't have the article yet. Beagle didn't write a PM, so we just have to wait :)

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Anxiously waiting...

Beagle
June 21st, 2004, 09:54 PM
I'm very sorry for the delay. Since Thor suggested it first, I'm sending it to him to post on his site for Wednesday, and then I'll post it here on Thursday.

Anubis
June 21st, 2004, 11:20 PM
Can't wait for Thursday...

Wass
June 22nd, 2004, 03:58 AM
Great, nice one Beegle i'l check it out on Thor website i hope it's in english because i can't read german.

Thor
June 22nd, 2004, 04:05 AM
Beagle will send it to me in english, I'll translate it to german, but I also upload the english version :)
Hope that's what you want :P

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 06:50 AM
Good to know that there will be a English version also

shockwave
June 22nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
Yeah, me too, my german isn't that great

Wass
June 22nd, 2004, 07:45 AM
Beagle will send it to me in english, I'll translate it to german, but I also upload the english version :)
Hope that's what you want :P

Great thanks Thor :D

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 07:48 AM
I can understand the obvious words that are basically the same, but then there's the others

Thor
June 23rd, 2004, 03:33 AM
So guys... today I received a few parts from Beagle of the Atlantis "Rising" synopsis via PM. But I only got Part 1-4, 5 is missing and the 6th part also received in my PM Inbox... so I don't have the 5t part and the 6th doesn't seem to be the end.
After this, my PM Box ran out of space (you can only save 10 messages...) so I have to wait for Beagle's eMail. I hope he will mail me soon, but I don't know when this will be. So please stay tuned... as soon as I get the full synopsis, I'll upload it and link to the article.

tfalls1
June 23rd, 2004, 11:17 AM
How about a teaser for us anxious types...maybe post half until you get the rest... :)

Wass
June 23rd, 2004, 11:32 AM
Although I am tempted to read a teaser I really want to read the full synopsis can’t wait.

Thor
June 23rd, 2004, 12:00 PM
So, I'm still waiting for Beagle but I made an article out of the information he gave me.

Here is the article: (BIG SPOILERS!)
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=artikel&aktion=show&ID=139

As soon as I get the full information, I'll write it here and update the article above.

Idun
June 23rd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Nice, so far

gonna share that with ur sister site :p

tfalls1
June 23rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
Thor thank you!!!!!

So does Atlantis and its tech seem the most advanced race we have ever seen (more then even the Asgard) and do they explain why Atlantis left Earth in the beginning scene??
Thanks again.

Thor
June 23rd, 2004, 12:52 PM
I can't answer your questions, cause I've not seen "Rising". You'll have to wait for Beagle ;)

Shipperahoy
June 23rd, 2004, 12:55 PM
Not to be snitty or anything (because I'm really looking forward to this series) but for a gene that's supposed to be rare this Ancient gene's not really so......rare...is it? :D

Ace
June 23rd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Not to be snitty or anything (because I'm really looking forward to this series) but for a gene that's supposed to be rare this Ancient gene's not really so......rare...is it? :D

Why do you say that? :S

Ace

Shipperahoy
June 23rd, 2004, 02:14 PM
Why do you say that? :S

Ace

Well have you read the synopsis that Thor wrote up?

Spoilers for season premiere don't read if you don't want to know
Highlight to read: It says in the synopsis that Beckett has this "rare" Ancients gene that allows him to operate some of the Ancient technology. Apparently so does Sheppard and I'm guessing Jack too. I'm just being nitpicky. It doesn't really bug me I just thought it was amusing that a rare gene would be in 2 or more people in the SGC.

Idun
June 23rd, 2004, 03:37 PM
*Spoiler* highlight to read

I'm not sure about O'Neill if he had it before he took the blast on the Ancients repository of knowledge, or he was just born with the ability.

As for Sheppard he had it since he was born, and he wasn't part of the SGC prior to Rising. He was put in the program becuase it's discovered in Rising that he has the ability to use and control ANcient tech.

But Beckett I just don't know

Ace
June 23rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Well have you read the synopsis that Thor wrote up?

Spoilers for season premiere don't read if you don't want to know
Highlight to read: It says in the synopsis that Beckett has this "rare" Ancients gene that allows him to operate some of the Ancient technology. Apparently so does Sheppard and I'm guessing Jack too. I'm just being nitpicky. It doesn't really bug me I just thought it was amusing that a rare gene would be in 2 or more people in the SGC.

Yeah, I read it but I got the impression that both Beckett and Sheppard were brought to the SGC because they had that certain gene. I could be completely wrong, but that was my impression. So the only really the only person we know that has it in the SGC was/is Jack. And that was just a struck of good fortune that he had it. Talk about the odds!

Out of the entire population of Earth, only a few hundred are involved in the Stargate program, out of that only a couple of dozen or so go off-world exploring. And for the Commanding Officer of the flagship team to have the rare gene to access the Ancients Library of Knowledge and the rest of the technology is way out there.

I would think that would be more rare, than to find people who have the gene and bring them in on the Stargate program.

Ace

DarkQuee1
June 23rd, 2004, 04:37 PM
SPOILERS BELOW

*Spoiler* highlight to read
I'm not sure about O'Neill if he had it before he took the blast on the Ancients repository of knowledge, or he was just born with the ability.

As for Sheppard he had it since he was born, and he wasn't part of the SGC prior to Rising. He was put in the program becuase it's discovered in Rising that he has the ability to use and control ANcient tech.

But Beckett I just don't know

I think that Jack has to have the gene, or he would not have been able to take the download, i.e., interface with the technology. I don't think the download could have "morphed" him into an Ancient, if the genetic code wasn't there in the first place. Remember, the Asgard already gave us an indication that Jack was a rare bird and a step forward.

J.

Beagle
June 23rd, 2004, 05:42 PM
Thor has the complete synopsis now. I thought I had his e-mail address correct so I didn't check back here until this evening. D'oh. :rolleyes:

I'll wait until afternoon to post it here, for what it's worth to make up for the slowness in getting it to Thor.

Sela
June 23rd, 2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the link to the SG-Atlantis Fan site and the link the 'Rising' synopsis. It was great, really great! I have to admit I'm more excited about SG-A than I was before. i mean, I was going to watch it, of course, but now I'm looking forward to it .

Thor
June 23rd, 2004, 08:35 PM
So,
again big thanks to Beagle for the very nice work he had done.
Here is the full "Rising" Synopsis:

Beware of spoilers!
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=artikel&aktion=show&ID=141
It's just the text, no images but I'll update the article when I'm back from school (in about 9 hours or so...

Shadow Gate
June 23rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Awesome synopsis, I just read the full version.

SPOILERS BELOW
Highlight to read: It seems now that the shield has failed, that if the Wraith find Atlantis on whatever planet it's on, they could be in for some trouble. Seems like the city rised as if it was programmed to do so if the shield failed.

Despite that I now have a good idea of what happens in the premier, it's not ruined for me because watching it is always better than hearing a synopsis of what happened.

Positively Kanyon
June 23rd, 2004, 09:59 PM
Atlantis sounds awesome! This episode shows a lot of promise for the series.

Anubis
June 23rd, 2004, 11:14 PM
The episode sounds awesome. The review is great

Torley
June 24th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Wow, what spoilers but I am looking forward to the new series now. I couldn't help myself :)

I do think the Ancients must have had a LOT of foresight. I'm not going to say they're magically psychic or anything, but maybe they knew about the forecoming of the SGC before it even happened, or perhaps they will have some reason in the future as to why those with the rare gene followed life's paths as they did? I don't want to get into some hokey-pokey "THIS IS YOUR DESTINY" thing, but it's reasonable to consider the possibility that maybe there was some sort of coded biological instruction in the gene, a subliminal calling of sorts.

Ugly Pig
June 26th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Despite that I now have a good idea of what happens in the premier, it's not ruined for me because watching it is always better than hearing a synopsis of what happened.
Can you really know that for sure until you've really seen it? :D