Fantastic Four (2005)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic Four (2005)

A lighter comic book adaptation... certainly... but still lots of fun...
    Our foursome did very well with what they were given and Julian McMahon put in a credible performance as Victor von Doom.

Has anyone else seen it yet?
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

I saw it last night with my sister. Lighter and fun is definately how I would describe it.

Johnny Storm entertained me the most with his flyboy attitude, he had the best one liners. And I might add that he and Ioan looked very, very good in their uniforms.

The Ben Grimm story for me felt like it was dealt with too quickly, all of a sudden he was alright with it?

And the Reed/Storm romance did nothing for me, but that might have stemmed from my dislike of Jessica Alba.

Comment

I think they tried to cram in too many things in such a short space of time.

The whole Ben Grimm arc was very rushed... it was quick how he lost the girl and found another in such a short space of time.

And yes... our two lead males did look very good in their suits...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I think it's the kinda movie you watch, but then forget about. I'm struggling to remember bits of the story and what came where even though I just saw it last night.

The effects for the Human Torch was well done, but Mr Fantastic kinda looked flat and cartoonish, not to mention a little bit freaky (though how to portray stretchy human realistically is beyond me).

Was it shot in Canada? Cause I saw some Stargate guest stars, there was that General from Prodigy, Robert Rothman and Priest Elosha from BSG.

Comment

Not sure about where they shot it... But I'm sure IMDB will have the relevant info.

I think to do Mr Fantastic was always going to be difficult... I didn't think they did it too badly all things considered. Some bits did look cartoonish but I seem to remember similar problems with the first Spiderman movie. If they do a sequel, I hope they iron them out...
          sigpic

Comment

Watching ET today and they said that all the stars had signed on for 3 Fantastic Four movies. I saw it on Monday night at a preview screening and I LOVED it. I liked the fact that they explained how they got their 'powers'. Knowing that there will be at least three movies I can see that they will be able to cover more about Ben in the next movie.
            Spoiler:
            Maybe he's not as OK with it as he seemed to be, he only changed back to protect his friends.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

What trailers did you see? I was hoping for Serenity but no joy. I got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Island and something about Dogs... it had John Cusack in it.

*Checks IMDB* It was shot in Vancouver Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                What trailers did you see? I was hoping for Serenity but no joy. I got Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Island and something about Dogs... it had John Cusack in it.

*Checks IMDB* It was shot in Vancouver Canada.
                Trailers that I saw included... The Wallace and Gromit movie, The Wedding Crashers (Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn)... can't remember what the other one was.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                  Watching ET today and they said that all the stars had signed on for 3 Fantastic Four movies. I saw it on Monday night at a preview screening and I LOVED it. I liked the fact that they explained how they got their 'powers'. Knowing that there will be at least three movies I can see that they will be able to cover more about Ben in the next movie.
                  Spoiler:
                  Maybe he's not as OK with it as he seemed to be, he only changed back to protect his friends.
                  I know I've been picking at bits and pieces but I really enjoyed it too. I came out smiling and looking forward to a sequel. I never thought it would be in the same league as Batman but the way that some of the critics have panned it, you'd think it was the equivalent of Plan 9 from Outer Space. I thought Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba had quite good chemistry actually but I don't dislike Jessica Alba as much as most people seem to. I remember that she was quite good in Dark Angel. Obviously Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis had the most showy parts and lines but I thought that Ioan brought a quiet dignity to the role of Reed Richards. Sort of like an older Hornblower...
                  I heard that George Clooney was in line for the role at some point but I don't think o'l George would've been right... not as a scientific genius... Can't see it , I'm afraid.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was expecting to be horrible after watching it., but it turned out to be entertaining after all. Thought they had a good group of acters. Granted any movie jessica alba is in does make it more interesting to watch.

Comment

i really enjoyed this movie. i went into it a skeptic, but came out entertained. Who can not love a movie with eye candy such as Chris Evans . i enjoyed the plot immensely. Though some effects and scene shifts were lacking, i thought it was pretty good considering it came from the same director that made taxi.

All in all i think it was money well spent.

Lizbeth
                      das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        I know I've been picking at bits and pieces but I really enjoyed it too. I came out smiling and looking forward to a sequel. I never thought it would be in the same league as Batman but the way that some of the critics have panned it, you'd think it was the equivalent of Plan 9 from Outer Space. I thought Ioan Gruffudd and Jessica Alba had quite good chemistry actually but I don't dislike Jessica Alba as much as most people seem to. I remember that she was quite good in Dark Angel. Obviously Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis had the most showy parts and lines but I thought that Ioan brought a quiet dignity to the role of Reed Richards. Sort of like an older Hornblower...
                        I heard that George Clooney was in line for the role at some point but I don't think o'l George would've been right... not as a scientific genius... Can't see it , I'm afraid.
                        Glad to hear it Easter. I loved Dark Angel and was disgusted with how they ended it. I couldn't se George Clooney as Reed either, Ioan was great in the role and I loved how they even gave him the grey at the temples. Chris Evans was funny and Michael's eyes were so expresive. Can't wait for the DVD to see what special features it has and I look forward to the sequel.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

If so many people liked this movie, why are the critics panning it so much? Are film critics just that pretentious or something? I really don't get the negative critic reaction vs. positive general public reaction.
                          It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

I'm not sure about the answer to that question, Manic...
                            I expected to see a fun comic book adaptation with lots of one liners, action and good team dynamic and I did... I'm not convinced that every film that is made needs to be epic, poignant or deeply philosophical... it is a comic book adaptation afterall... how often do people gain superpowers...
                            I don't know what the critics were looking for. Perhaps they thought they were watching Batman Begins Revisited. Don't get me wrong... I love BB on the basis of what they were trying to do and I'm a huge fan of the film but I'm just glad that FF is a totally different film altogether and that it caters to a wider audience.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh did I love this movie. Best sci-fi movie of the year!
                              I will watch it atleast 3 more times.
                              I did catch my self actualy laughing out loud multiple times.
                              Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                              Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Working...
                              X