Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt the Azgards, furlings, or the nox help the Ancients fight the wraith?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didnt the Azgards, furlings, or the nox help the Ancients fight the wraith?

Why, didnt the azgard, furlings, and nox help the ancients fight both the wraith and the plague? Isnt that what an alliance is about? I mean ur suppose to help each other on extinction lvl events. But this also brings up another point. Why didnt the ancients fix the azgard's cloning problems or even better, give them means of miosis? I mean, the azgard couldnt have just lost their means of miosis less than 10,000 years ago. This means the ancients could've helped them. The more i think about it, the more sucky the "great alliance" is.

It is *asgard*. And the ancients were the most advance of the races. So if they couldnt beat their problems, no one could.

Comment

That just about sums it up. If the most advanced race couldn't find a solution, then the general concensus was probably that nothing could be done. However, it seems odd that the other races wouldn't want to help out. But then again, circumstances outside the alliance may have prevented that for various reasons.

Comment

How do we know that they didnt try to help. Maybe they tried but failed. I never heard once that they didnt help.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
          That just about sums it up. If the most advanced race couldn't find a solution, then the general concensus was probably that nothing could be done. However, it seems odd that the other races wouldn't want to help out. But then again, circumstances outside the alliance may have prevented that for various reasons.
          that point would obliterate any replicator episode we've seen, before season 8, unless of course the humans who whooped rep ass, are more advanced than the asgard?

Comment

They might not have known about the Wraith, different galaxy.

Comment

Why are there 2 threads with the same raiser, name and first post??
              I just posted on this thread and now I find it here again!
              What's goin on??

Comment

Some people dont like searching before creating a thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                  Actually the Ancient's have an answer to the Asgard cloning problems. It's called time travel, but the so-called council frowned upon even the experimentation with it, or they could have gone back in time to a point where the Asgard were still reproducing normally and brought a number of them into the present. Problem solved.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    Actually the Ancient's have an answer to the Asgard cloning problems. It's called time travel, but the so-called council frowned upon even the experimentation with it, or they could have gone back in time to a point where the Asgard were still reproducing normally and brought a number of them into the present. Problem solved.

All in favor of giving Ancient 1 one hundred lashes with wet noodles for suggesting more time travel and giving us all more of a headache say aye lol
                    Anyway all joking aside it is an interesting question however I think as far as the Nox and Furlings go they seemed to prefer a life of pacifism.
                    Not that pacifism is a bad thing but it is just the way they are or atleast appear and I doubt the ancients could get much if any help from them because of that.
                    As for the Asgard its possible they did aid the ancients and have just kept silent about it maybe because the ancients asked them to for some reason.
                    Actually maybe the replicators were a weapon under development by the ancients and the Asgard that went wrong.
                    Same thing for the Goa'uld as they could have been another attempt at stopping the life force draining effect of the wraith.

Comment

The nox wouldn't of helped - may be the ancients were to stubern to ask for help.
                      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Maybe the alliance had broken down by then
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

I had the distinct feeling that not even the other ancients helped them in Pegasus galaxy. If their own wouldn't help them, why would the others do?

again, I have the feeling that the city Atlantis that went to Pegasus was never really approved by the other ancients. So the rest of the ancients attitude towards the wraith could very well be, you (the ancients on Atlantis) caused the problem, you fix it.

Comment

by then the others would have been ascended so they should of helped them.

It may not of been approved - the dude didn't loo very happy at the beginning of rising.
                            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I think the alliance broke down about 7 million years or so ago when the ancients left for pegasus.

Comment

Working...
                              X