Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any naquadah mines in Pegasus,alternative powersource?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any naquadah mines in Pegasus,alternative powersource?

naquadah was like the main powersource of the Goa'uld ,and the building block of their technologies.But we know it was the Ancient who use the naquadah and build a lot of their technologies base on it, the Stargate and etc.

The Atlantis use a lot of Naquidah ,like their Naquidah reactors and their latest naquadah reactor can even power up the Ancient chair without a ZMP.but it use a lot of naquadah.Dr Mckay even use one of their naquadah reactor to power up the Ancient defence platform( Siege pt 1)

Even with a ZMP , Atlantis still require naquadah ,for their portable reactor,Daedalus and a lot other stuff they developed from Goa'uld technologies.The city can fly like a starship with enough power.

Earth doesn't have any naquadah deposit.The Goa'uld had alot of naquadah mine in the Milky way, it was easy for Earth to get it.

Does the Atlantis team require Eath to supply naquadah?
    Or Are they going to find an independent supply in Pegasus?And who will mine it? Atlantis team doesn't have the man power of Earth.

I am sure the Ancient must have their supply to build the Pegasus's stargate network.

The Ancient were dependent on naquadah , then they use ZPM, and in the upcomming episode
    Spoiler
    ep"Trinity"

Dr Mckay find a Lab of the Ancient, it seems they were close to discover a new source of Energy ,but their research were unfinish .

I've been waiting for them to bring this issue up. The gates in Pegasus are of different design, but are they still made of naquadah? And do the Ancients know about naquadiah? Do the wraith?

Many questions I have....

Comment

Well, in the MW, one of the best mines we've found is actually being mined by the Unas. They were unwilling to let us mine it for them b/c they consider it sacred ground because so many of their ancestors died there serving the Goa'uld. So they volunteered to mine it for us as part of a trade deal Enemy Mine

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
        I've been waiting for them to bring this issue up. The gates in Pegasus are of different design, but are they still made of naquadah? And do the Ancients know about naquadiah? Do the wraith?

Many questions I have....
        I hope the ancients know about naquadiah seeing how they made the gates. lol.

Comment

I am pretty sure, alright damn sure, they know about it. Beal
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
            I am pretty sure, alright damn sure, they know about it. Beal
            Yep seeing how the ancients made the gates and the gates are made out of it.

Comment

Der, my bad, I made I type. I meant Naquadriah. The funky stuff from Jonases planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
                Der, my bad, I made I type. I meant Naquadriah. The funky stuff from Jonases planet.
                Yea i would think they know about that to.

Comment

The Ancients, actually might not know about the Naquadria on the fact it was a gou'auld that was doing experiments with Naquadah that resulted in Naquadria which was really unstable, anyway the Ancients would only know about it if they accidentally created it. Naquadria isn't somehting you'd find on a planet it's Naquadah you are looking for and should be in the Pegasus Galaxy... hopefully

Comment

Does they atlantis expedition need naquada?

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis[MYTH]
                      The Ancients, actually might not know about the Naquadria on the fact it was a gou'auld that was doing experiments with Naquadah that resulted in Naquadria which was really unstable, anyway the Ancients would only know about it if they accidentally created it. Naquadria isn't somehting you'd find on a planet it's Naquadah you are looking for and should be in the Pegasus Galaxy... hopefully
                      They've been working with naquadah for several million years. I'm betting they came across an instance of Naquadria as well. It's unlikely you could be that advanced, use a substance for so long and not know just about everything there is to know about it and its different varieties.

The expedition definitely need naquadah for the generators. I don't think they'll be looking for it in Pegasus though. Mining is a long term effort that's hard to manage if you're hiding from the Wraith.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        They've been working with naquadah for several million years. I'm betting they came across an instance of Naquadria as well. It's unlikely you could be that advanced, use a substance for so long and not know just about everything there is to know about it and its different varieties.

The expedition definitely need naquadah for the generators. I don't think they'll be looking for it in Pegasus though. Mining is a long term effort that's hard to manage if you're hiding from the Wraith.

very good point. And further more, we simply don't know if there is any naquadah in Pegasus. It was never mentioned.

Comment

Isn't Trinium more better then Naq? That is what the Asgard use.
                          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

it might be better, but why complicate things? the ancients used naquadah and now what, we say noooo lets use trinium. Why fix it if is not broken.
                            It's now possible now for them to travel betwen the two galaxies at any time. Why not simply get some naqadah from MW and there, with Hermiod's help, use it?
                            And one more thing: they were looking for a ZPM for so long. why not give the asgard an used one and ask them to make more of them. I'm pretty sure they could understand how to make one, and they night have the resources to make one. And the experience might be good for them, too. One more good thing for them to learn.

Comment

maybe the asgard can't make ZPM's it would be helpfull if they could but we have seen in the past the asgard arn't the best at thinking out side the box.

its a good question, besides ZPM's they really havn't said much about power in pegasus, sure most human races are un remarcable in their tech so they prob use coal. vut then these planets were seeded by the ancients, did they give these people some other power source? did the ancients have any real direct contact with the humans? so many questions. what power source do the wraith use? their ships seem organic maybe they feed them?

i guess the new gates would have to be built out of naquada, so besides gates we havn't really seen any other ancient tech that uses naquada have we? do we even know that it is naquada powering the dhd's? i mean they seem to last for 50million years can naquada power the creation of millions of worm holes for that long with out adding in more naquada? so really i dont think its ever been said what power source the DHD's use.

so basicly we dont get an answer to such questions until it is put into lore, either on the show or in one of their books. but it still seems like a big question in atlantis that the writers should talk about soon, u dont want any potential plot holes openeing to early.

so many questions, so little time.

Comment

Working...
                              X