This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast Way to Explore the Ancient Database

I just thought if a quick way to explore mass amounts of the ancient's data base. Plug Hermiod into the data base and he should be able to sort things out really quickley. afterall we know the Asgard download their conciousness onto computers on a regular basis, would it not be pretty easy for him to access the database?
    why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
    Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

We already know from SG1 episodes, that the ancients database of knowledge, which have been found in the Mily Way, is too much for them, and they have barely "Scratched the surface" Although the atlantis database may not contain ALL of the same data (although chnaces are it will hold a vast quanity of it), it is likely it will be again too much for an Asgard mind to comprehend.

Comment

but an asgard computer with ancient deciphering software is an option.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

How about you get google to make a search engine.

Comment

You'd think such an Advanced Race would have a Table of Contents or a search engine of some sort so it would be easy to find what their looking for.

The Atlantis database would contain more info than the MW head sucker database. Head suckers look more wraith as I discussed in a prevous topic, and I believe Wraith are an offshoot of ancients(bug bites +ancient = wraith) So based on that theory the Wraith tech was based off the tech around the time of the headsucker. The ancients were more advanced than the Wraith, so if the wraith tech was equal to ancient tech when they had the headsuckers then perhaps the Atlantis Database contains a hell of alot more data than the rest.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
            You'd think such an Advanced Race would have a Table of Contents or a search engine of some sort so it would be easy to find what their looking for.

The Atlantis database would contain more info than the MW head sucker database. Head suckers look more wraith as I discussed in a prevous topic, and I believe Wraith are an offshoot of ancients(bug bites +ancient = wraith) So based on that theory the Wraith tech was based off the tech around the time of the headsucker. The ancients were more advanced than the Wraith, so if the wraith tech was equal to ancient tech when they had the headsuckers then perhaps the Atlantis Database contains a hell of alot more data than the rest.
            Yea like an acient version of google that would be hillarious. They start up the computer.

Weir: What does it say.
            McKay: I think it says google.

lmao

Comment

I'll bet the database is quite convoluted and encrypted. The Ancients left cryptic messages on how to find Atlantis - I doubt they would make it easy to gain their knowledge either, especially with the Wraith out there, able to take the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
                I'll bet the database is quite convoluted and encrypted. The Ancients left cryptic messages on how to find Atlantis - I doubt they would make it easy to gain their knowledge either, especially with the Wraith out there, able to take the city.
                well everything takes the gene im sure that would be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Render
                  I just thought if a quick way to explore mass amounts of the ancient's data base. Plug Hermiod into the data base and he should be able to sort things out really quickley. afterall we know the Asgard download their conciousness onto computers on a regular basis, would it not be pretty easy for him to access the database?
                  This could work. The Asgard couldn't use the head sucking machine because it downloads the knoledge into the brain. But if you out his concious into the computer then he can rome freely like Thor did on Anubis's flagship.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Maybe the ancients made certain you couldn't just find anything you wanted unless you had the ability to comprehend it, and process it mentally, so no google.

But imagine a computer that makes the entire internet seem like the contents of a comic book. Imagine if they had a culture like ours that had Ginormous amounts of data, much of it useless, like we have on our internet, only instead of a couple decades of spotty data and history you have everything in the finest detail from how to make cornflakes, to yoga positions, to the specs for every building ever built and every scientific discovery no matter how minor.

It seems when Oneill downloaded the data, he had the ability to find exactly what he wanted but his brain was overloaded. If he had the ability to process it all though, he'd be able to find what he needed when he needed without any issues. It's possible the Ancients did that on purpose so you couldn't download access and sort the data before you were evolved enough to handle it. If you could do that then you might be able to access the specs on a weapon of mass destruction without acessing the related data on long-term side effects, dangerous.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

how did ancient kids learn did htey have head suckers for them or is it biological? because even being born with the basic knowlege of math and science it would take forever for you to get to the anicent point of tech. even if they had schools like us it would just take too long.

and im with the google thing. and zelenka said the data base is increadibly redundant. so just sort through it if they can

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
                        how did ancient kids learn did htey have head suckers for them or is it biological? because even being born with the basic knowlege of math and science it would take forever for you to get to the anicent point of tech. even if they had schools like us it would just take too long.

and im with the google thing.
                        Not really. Their brain capicity is HUGE compared to ours. And about being born knowing. its not possible. When your born all you know how to do is feed and stuff like going to the bathroom. And seeing how we are the 2nd evolution of ancients im sure it would be the same for them. Everything else is learned. We don't know how fast they learn. Also they use base 8 math so its completly different from ours. And their basic math for children could be far beyond college level. Equations that take us pages to do could be simple things like 2+2 for them. Things that they have known perfectly since childhood. We just don't know how fast they can learn. We have somewhat of an idea from frozen. But thats not accurate becuase she was an adult and I assume she already knew english.

Lol another person likes my google idea! lol.

Comment

well if they learn fast imagine if we found a school and had the scientist take virtual lessons. theyd learn alot. maybe they have the same stuff that we know they just comprehend it faster and retain better than us. if so we could have some of the athosian kids learning the ancients knowlege

Comment

It is like when your doing history homework and your parent says they didn't have to learn it because they were living it. We still absorb all of that information. Same goes with math. The Ancients are so far ahead of us that is becomes what you expect out of the kid. (to learn it)

As far as the data base, I am going with my original post.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

My bet is that the Ancient database, while huge, isn't a major problem for the Asgard. The PROBLEM is that the head sucker version is an incredibly adaptive and intelligent computer program combined WITH the database, which can do amazing things thanks to the database inside it. Its not simply a listing of technology and information like the database on Atlantis is. But it is all jumbled together inside the program.

Its like saying (for example) windows somehow is collapsed into a single executable binary file...then someone asks you to find a specific line of source code in it. The Asgard can find that specific line of code...but only if they know exactly what they are looking for. The database on Atlantis looks to be a REAL database, just without that incredible AI computer control program. And even then, it is SO huge that with probably the best hard drives we have today and advanced compression algorithms, we could only save about 7-8% of it. I have little doubt and Asgard could fly through it easily now that its in a logical form.

Of course the question was why they just didn’t clone a human with the Ancient gene and program it to act like a computer terminal…but I guess the Asgard just are not THAT ruthless.
                              --
                              The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

Working...
                              X