This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there Gyms on Atlantis

Its a silly question, but they have gyms on sg1 but do they have gyms on Atlantis, and how much food did they bring on atlantis?

We saw Sheppard and Teyla fighting in one of the episodes. I am sure that was some kind of exercise. And they have food shortage problems aswell. Thats how the met the Genii. they were trying to find people who were willing to trade for food.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UNRE4L
      We saw Sheppard and Teyla fighting in one of the episodes. I am sure that was some kind of exercise. And they have food shortage problems aswell. Thats how the met the Genii. they were trying to find people who were willing to trade for food.
      Plus they live in a city that's effectivly an infinate stairmaster. Sure they have some transporters to get from place to place, but there's still a lot of walking involved.
      sigpic
      http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

If they had room to bring all thoes punching bags and stuff im sure they figured out a way to rig up a treadmill. Thats another question do the naquada generators have plugs on them so you can like plug in your hair dryer lol or laptop.

Comment

If I recall correctly, Weir tells Grodin to "Seal off the Gym" during an episode. So I'd have to say yes, there are gyms. Where they are, i have no clue.

Comment

lol you gotta buy a special ciggerate lighter adapter

Gyms? well they have enough room im sure they do.

Food? They ran low on. seems like they'll have plenty now.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
              lol you gotta buy a special ciggerate lighter adapter

Gyms? well they have enough room im sure they do.

Food? They ran low on. seems like they'll have plenty now.
              Yea food thats odd seing how the storm had to have killed all the Athosians crops.

Comment

There are Gym's in Atlantis... Just not the kind your thinking of... Whenever you see Teyla andSheppard practicing there little stick fighting, ther ein a gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                  If they had room to bring all thoes punching bags and stuff im sure they figured out a way to rig up a treadmill. Thats another question do the naquada generators have plugs on them so you can like plug in your hair dryer lol or laptop.
                  You know, thats a good point. There are efficient low tech ways to shave but lets face it without blowdriers, flat irons and curling irons the ladies of Atlantis should be looking a little less glamorous or should have all opted for wash and go haircuts. The psychologist is looking very spiffy for a woman stuck in another galaxy without a blowdrier.

I think might refuse to go on the expedition just at the mention of running out of conditioner without replenishment. I'd have to shave my head.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis[MYTH]
                    There are Gym's in Atlantis... Just not the kind your thinking of... Whenever you see Teyla andSheppard practicing there little stick fighting, ther ein a gym.
                    Thank you. A gym doesn't need punching bags, treadmills, etc. People can easily keep in condition, utilizing Yoga, the martial arts ( as seen by Teyla and others practicing, in "their gym"), etc.

As for hairdryers, curling irons, etc....what does that have to do with gyms? As for the psychologist, perhaps she either brought a "blowdryer" with her, someone else did, and they share or she just naturally has beautiful hair.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                      You know, thats a good point. There are efficient low tech ways to shave but lets face it without blowdriers, flat irons and curling irons the ladies of Atlantis should be looking a little less glamorous or should have all opted for wash and go haircuts. The psychologist is looking very spiffy for a woman stuck in another galaxy without a blowdrier.

I think might refuse to go on the expedition just at the mention of running out of conditioner without replenishment. I'd have to shave my head.
                      She was just hot. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                        Yea food thats odd seing how the storm had to have killed all the Athosians crops.
                        Yes. The Daudalus was loaded up with close to a thousand metric tons of food supplies.

Unfortunantly due to McKay sabotaging the shipping manifest, the second shipment the Daudalus brings on its first return voyage from Earth is nothing but pure Columbian coffee...to the annoyence of everyone else.
                        --
                        The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

Working...
                        X