This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To-be fan, Friday marathon

I'm really interested in watching SGA and considering Season 2 is starting soon and the SciFi channel is nice enough to have an all-day marathon, I figure it's the perfect opportunity! I'm still debating how to go about the all-day marathon since I can't sit in front of the television all day. I think I'm going to watch the first few, then record the rest. I want to see as many as I can before Season 2 begins, so does anyone have an opinion on which episodes I should definitely see or avoid? I already browsed through the Favorites/Least Favorites thread which was helpful.

I'm looking forward to watching!

Hi

If you are going to watch season 1 of SGA then you HAVE to see "Hide and Seek", "38 Minutes", "Suspicion", "Childhood's End" which has got loads of Rodney in (YAY) and of course you CANNOT miss "The Storm" or "The Eye" and the closing story arc is vitally important. In fact you should see the whole thing if you can because it is brilliant!!

Hope you find this helpful

Comment

Welcome Jae! I'm trying to get my sister and her daughter to watch, but one has to work, and the other is busy with school. So, as long as my VCR holds out for the marathon, they'll be watching. Here's my own synopsis list of eps (with ep title in bold print, in order of the Sci-Fi marathon:
      ========
      If I had my druthers, I'd say Rising 1 and 2 are primary MUSTs for introductory purposes, especially the very 1st hour.

Thirty-Eight Minutes is a good back story for a potential future Sheppard anxiety plot!

Suspicion explains "who" actually set the wraith alarms off...

Childhood's End is about a group of kids who don't want the wraith to get them, so they sacrifice themselves at their 25th birthday. It's a good story to understand the emotional quests in Underground.

Poisoning the Well is a good Dr. Beckett (Dr.McCoy/Scotty!) ep. finding a way to kill the Wraith, or make humans immune from being fed upon...

Underground is an excellent story that sort of connects with
      The Storm (part 1) (massive hurricane approaches Atlantis)
      The Eye (part 2) (eye-wall of hurricane hits city)

Before I Sleep basically states that there was a screw-up in the Rising ep... Dr.Weir discovers a retelling of what *really* happened...

The Brotherhood is a good Dr.McKay ep in his quest for the holy grail: ZPM power device.

Letters From Pegasus is another *excellent* Dr.McKay ep. Plus, it gives Lt.Ford a chance to actually talk!

The Gift - Teyla has a secret revealed.
      The Siege, Part 1 Season finale. Ancient weapons platform is put into action. McKay has some fun moments with claustrophobia and bragging.
      The Siege, Part 2 should be seen together with Part 1. A surprise shows up for Atlantis, besides the Wraith Hive ships arriving.

========
      I'd basically say they all good for watching, but I have other things to do during the day, so I'll *have* to watch them in their entirety (3rd/4th time?) later, too. (Anticipating waiting for the SGA Season 1 DVD for Christmas or birthday! DVDs are crispier than videos, plus there are interviews on the DVDs, but the box sets won't be available until November...)

I liked the mid-season "Storm/Eye" stories, probably because I experienced hurricane IVAN up close and personal last year...Ironically, the Storm/Eye were showing in the USA at the time hurricane IVAN swept thru the several eastern/northeast USA states.

Definitely, try not to miss the "Rising" nor from "Brotherhood" on to the closing story arc end eps. The very end of "Brotherhood" directly connects with the "Letters From Pegasus", "The Gift", and both "Siege" parts.

Unfortunately, the SG:A Episodes NOT being shown during Sci-Fi's marathon are:
      * Hide and Seek
      ** Home
      *** The Defiant One
      **** Hot Zone
      ***** Sanctuary

Comment

The must sees are:

Rising (of course you have to see it it's the pilot!)
        38 Minutes
        Underground (importent for Storm/Eye episodes)
        The Storm/Eye (some of the best that SGA's first season had to offer)
        Before I Sleep (an interesting 'what if' story)
        The Brotherhood
        Letters from Pegasus (the best clip show ever and right up there with the best of season one IMO)
        The Siege Parts 1 and 2 (IMO part 2 is better but they're both good episodes)

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

"Rising" was the edited "cut" version (at least 3 intro scenes removed from TV premiere ep, but I've heard are included on the DVD).

I'm skipping "The Gift" partly because a detail within it is mentioned again in the "Siege (part 1)".

Still looking forward to the DVD box set when it finally goes on sale!
          It's on my Christmas/birthday wish list!

Comment

felt *compelled* to add this...

re: The STORM/EYE eps:
            how oddly appropriate that during today's SG:A marathon, the Sci-Fi channel did it again! Remnants of hurricane or tropical depression storm "Cindy" are currently dumping large amounts of water across the northeastern USA right now! Oh, not to also mention hurricane "Dennis the Menace" hovering around down in Cuba and possibly going into the Gulf of Mexico or Florida area, too, at the same time right now.

And Sci-fi can't take the credit for having *real-life* atmospheric weather effects adding to the angst of a fictional storyline!

Comment

the best are

Rising Pt 1,2
              letters from pegasus
              underground
              the storm
              the eye
              The Gift
              the siege pt 1,2

these are some of my favorites and i hope that you enjoy them to

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                And Sci-fi can't take the credit for having *real-life* atmospheric weather effects adding to the angst of a fictional storyline!
                Actually I think they should get the credit.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Gee, I would have loved to see the entire SGA marathon today, but halfway through, we lost power and I got to see nada, nil, zilch......

Now I have to wait months???? Great.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Gee, I would have loved to see the entire SGA marathon today, but halfway through, we lost power and I got to see nada, nil, zilch......

Now I have to wait months???? Great.
                    Yes, but you see it uncut, no ads, no stupid BSG faces popping up in the corner, and eegads, those Sabertooth ads. I will NOT watch the movie after being subjected to so many ads for that lame flick.

Yeah, you're not the only one who lost power, alas. Otherws did too

Write MGM and tell 'em you want the DVD set sooner!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
                      If you are going to watch season 1 of SGA then you HAVE to see "Hide and Seek", "38 Minutes", "Suspicion", "Childhood's End" which has got loads of Rodney in (YAY) and of course you CANNOT miss "The Storm" or "The Eye" and the closing story arc is vitally important. In fact you should see the whole thing if you can because it is brilliant!!

Hope you find this helpful
                      Thank you so much! So far I've seen "Rising Part 1 & 2," "38 Minutes," "Suspicion," and half of "Childhood's End." I taped the SciFi channel marathon and unfortunately, they skipped "Hide and Seek" so I plan on reading the transcript.

You're right--it is brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa
                        Welcome Jae! I'm trying to get my sister and her daughter to watch, but one has to work, and the other is busy with school. So, as long as my VCR holds out for the marathon, they'll be watching. Here's my own synopsis list of eps (with ep title in bold print, in order of the Sci-Fi marathon:
                        Thank you! This is so helpful! After watching the first few episodes, I totally love it (I had no idea I'd love it so much). I almost wish the SciFi channel didn't cut out "Hide and Seek" and a few of the middle episodes because I'd love to see them all. It looks like I'll have a perfectly good reason to buy the DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                        X