This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Faces- Teeth? Gills?

I hav noticed that the Wraith have very sharp teeth. Whats the point of that when they dont use them. And on the their cheeks, they seem to have something which looks like Gills to me (as in fish gills). Any ideas?
    sigpic

May be those Gills (dont know wot too call them) are needed for there long periods of sleeps - just an idea
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Yer i noticed the same, it makes them fishlike yet they're spose to react badly to water?!!?

Comment

SPOILERS - maybe we will find out in the episode Conversion.
        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I never heard they reacted bad to water...how so? That's weird :s...you'd think they'd need it to survive. Maybe the 'gills' are somehow related to feeding.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Good question, evolution would seem to dictate that they wouldn't even have teeth. As for the gills...yeah, there has been hints that they aren't crazy about water, but maybe that's just salt water. Maybe it's salt that they don't like. Like slugs.

Maybe the gills are designed to breath regular air? I dunno.
            Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
            http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by UNRE4L
              I have noticed that the Wraith have very sharp teeth. What's the point of that when they don't use them? And on the their cheeks, they seem to have something which looks like gills to me (as in fish gills). Any ideas?
              Those slits on the Wraith face had me wondering too. Also, their little catfish whiskers. In fact, I probably spent way more time trying to make sense of them than the makeup department spent to decide -- "Hey! These make the Wraith look scary-cool!"

But still, if you're going to work up an evolutionary theory of the Wraith (which will probably get blown all to heck in Season Two when we get more information...) I'd guess the slits by their noses and the whiskers evolved to help the Wraith detect and track their next meal -- either by picking up scent, or body heat, or vibrations through the air and ground.

As for why the teeth are pointy -- aren't they supposed to be related to the sucker bugs from 38 Minutes? I don't have that episode on tape, so I don't remember if the bug had teeth or pincers. But if they're at all related, maybe that's what the pointy teeth are a throwback to.

Me, I'm dying to know if the Wraith evolved naturally (from bug to biped that sucks up energy through its hands seems like a bit of a leap...) or if they were engineered.

Comment

well, u might need teeth for their language much like u need teeth to sing(well atleast sing good) and the gills might be used to create specific sounds

Comment

And to sneer! Wraith really seem to enjoy sneering. You need teeth to pull off a good sneer.

Comment

Now that you speak of gills and fish-like, they do look like catfish! Teeth are way cool, but must be a pain to talk.

I wonder if humans taste like chicken to them and they taste like blue fish to humans.
                    The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Has anyone ever noticed that the Wraith have cat-eyes, too? (Since we're kinda on that subject).

Comment

Originally posted by UNRE4L
                        I hav noticed that the Wraith have very sharp teeth. Whats the point of that when they dont use them. And on the their cheeks, they seem to have something which looks like Gills to me (as in fish gills). Any ideas?
                        ive posted this before lol but ur new so i guess it dont count

i think they got teeth becouse of the humanoid part of em n besides u cant have an enemy smiling n all u see is gums u just laugh ur a** off

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

While we're on the subject, why do even have mouths? They seem to be able to comunicate telepathicly.

Perfecto!

Comment

Hmmm... they have sharp teeth but no mouth. Theres no irony in that.

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
                              Now that you speak of gills and fish-like, they do look like catfish! Teeth are way cool, but must be a pain to talk.

I wonder if humans taste like chicken to them and they taste like blue fish to humans.

Yeah, but the trick would be to keep the Wraith on the plate long enough to eat. You can bread 'em, you can fry 'em...but the Fillet o' Wraith just keeps crawling away...

Comment

Working...
                              X