X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good News Canadians

ok if this has been posted i'm sorry

This year, the canadian channel TMN has bought the rights to air Stargate Atlantis season 2 for a simultaneous broadcast with SCIFI Channel, the production channel of the show in the USA!

The first 7 episodes are already scheduled. However, we do not know if the channel will air or not the whole season without the usual mid-season interruption like SCIFI channel does.

Here is the schedule:

2x01 - The Siege Prt 3 ~ July 18 - 8:00 pm
    2x02 - The Intruder ~ July 25 - 8:00 pm
    2x03 - Runner ~ August 1 - 8:00 pm
    2x04 - Duet ~ August 8 - 8:00 pm
    2x05 - Condemned ~ August 15 - 8:00 pm
    2x06 - Trinity ~ August 22 - 8:00 pm
    2x07 - Instinct ~ August 29 - 8:00 pm
    http://www.themovienetwork.ca/starga...s/schedule.php
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Isn't the mid-Season break kind of hard to avoid? As don't the cast and crew all take an actual break, i.e no filming no episodes?

Comment

Wasn't it last season they had know break.
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by tomchris45
        Isn't the mid-Season break kind of hard to avoid? As don't the cast and crew all take an actual break, i.e no filming no episodes?
        The filming break doesn't coincide with the broadcast break. By the time of the mid-season hiatus, the actors are nearly (if not completely) done filming the entire season.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
          Wasn't it last season they had no break.
          No, I don't think so. Last season SG-1's two-parter was later than usual (Reckoning I and II around about 8.16 and 8.17), but there was a mid-season break in both shows. In SGA, it was between "The Storm" and "The Eye".

I think they're stuck with the mid-season break b/c SciFi wouldn't let them show it first (but then again, England got the episodes a few weeks early last year, which really suprised me)

Comment

Recent info I've read makes it sound like they are about to hit the mid-season filming break, if they haven't started it already. They started filming the seasons over four months ago, they're about due for it.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by RalCaladan
              I think they're stuck with the mid-season break b/c SciFi wouldn't let them show it first (but then again, England got the episodes a few weeks early last year, which really suprised me)
              Stargate always starts a few weeks earlier in the UK, at least it has done for the last few seasons.

As for the mid season break, one is necessary, just not as long as Sci-Fi's is, a couple of week would be enough for filming to catch up, like when Atlantis started a few weeks after Sci-Fi in Canada.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Um...

This news has been around for... a while now.

What we're (Manitoba to BC) concerened about is Movie Central.

So far it seems like Movie Central isn't going to be airing Season 2 of Atlantis. According to the 30 day schedule they have on their website they aren't going to.

So we're just waiting for updates or e-mails back, or SOMETHING.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                  Um...

This news has been around for... a while now.

What we're (Manitoba to BC) concerened about is Movie Central.

So far it seems like Movie Central isn't going to be airing Season 2 of Atlantis. According to the 30 day schedule they have on their website they aren't going to.

So we're just waiting for updates or e-mails back, or SOMETHING.
                  This is the email I got back from Movie Central... so when it comes to SG in July, we're screwed. Even September is just "tentatively"

Unfortunately we were unable to secure the rights to air the next Season of Stargate SG1. We will however be airing Season 2 of Stargate Atlantis tentatively in September.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Stupid Movie Central ruin my day like that...

Comment

I'll continue that thought....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lame, just lame. Obviously they have the rights, they just don't care enough to show it in July.

Comment

So i have a question do you Canadians have anyy channel that will be airing Stargate.
                        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Originally posted by oragans
                          So i have a question do you Canadians have anyy channel that will be airing Stargate.
                          New Stargate?

No.

Space channel will get Season 9 eventually. They just finished airing Season 8 last month

They haven't even started airing Atlantis Season 1

Comment

Wait so Sci-Fi is olny in america? Forget moving to london lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                              Wait so Sci-Fi is olny in america? Forget moving to london lol.
                              Well, Canadians could get the Sci-Fi channel, but it'll cost a helluva alot more than it's worth lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X