This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally Hypothetical idea and storyline for Nox

ok, i have no reason tosuspect that this would happen and it is totaly a daydreambut i thought it was interesting and a thought provoking idea..

5,000 years ago a primal tribe of a humans called the nox travelled through the stargate to what we now call the nox homeworld. they settled in the terrain of the planet where they learned to domesticate those giant flying bug things. hey flew them around until one member of the nox flew past the cloaking barrier of of a floating city that the ancients left behind called camelot. he told the others of this find and they soon settled there using ,mastering, and adapting the ancient technology and through te biological studies they conducted they were able to evolve into a species different from the people of earth and they gained healing powers.

what do ya think, i know its not true but it would make an awesome story and a return of the nox?

Have the Nox a flying Ancient city? Very good idea!
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

they have, it's seen in the episode 'The Nox' but it's hidden by a huge cloak.

Comment

Hell No. Sorry.

The Ancients had an alliance with the Nox, Asgard & Furlings. This means that they viewed each FAIRLY equally even though the Ancients apparently had the advantage. I doubt the Ancients will take part in an alliance with a race that gained technology from their own city.

Also, 5000 years ago????? Sorry, that's WAY to late for the evolution of the nox. The alliance was WAY older than that. (Probably 10,000+ years ago).

It's not a good idea really. Why have the Ancients as the only super power in our galaxy. It limits variety. The Nox are capable of their own "magic".

Comment

Well...............

I liked the story. But it's true. The Nox was aprt of the Great Alliance. That makes the time line off. But what a great story.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

It would be alot better if it wasnt for the minor flaws that calicto pointed out

Comment

Why didn't the Ancients contact anybody when they got back to Earth after the whole PG think.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
                Hell No. Sorry.

The Ancients had an alliance with the Nox, Asgard & Furlings. This means that they viewed each FAIRLY equally even though the Ancients apparently had the advantage. I doubt the Ancients will take part in an alliance with a race that gained technology from their own city.

see i dont know about that because we are on the path of becoming the "fifth race" and 8 yrs. ago we only had shuttles. our technology is mostly gould/human hybrid and a big part of it is asgard! you know one of the members of the aliance? so i think that the ancients would except the nox into the alliance,and about the timeline my mistake i screwed up the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                  ok, i have no reason tosuspect that this would happen and it is totaly a daydreambut i thought it was interesting and a thought provoking idea..

5,000 years ago a primal tribe of a humans called the nox travelled through the stargate to what we now call the nox homeworld. they settled in the terrain of the planet where they learned to domesticate those giant flying bug things. hey flew them around until one member of the nox flew past the cloaking barrier of of a floating city that the ancients left behind called camelot. he told the others of this find and they soon settled there using ,mastering, and adapting the ancient technology and through te biological studies they conducted they were able to evolve into a species different from the people of earth and they gained healing powers.

what do ya think, i know its not true but it would make an awesome story and a return of the nox?
                  Gee, I'll be happy if they come up with an explanation that would be that easy to accept. The Egyptology, yes. Tying every known Earth legend to the Stargate---I'm skeptical.

Comment

Working...
                  X