PDA

View Full Version : John Barrowman/Jack Harkness Thunk thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]

zuz
December 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Is it bad that I think Scott is faaaar better looking than John?

Seriously. Way to bag yourself a looker JB.
Oh, both of them are lookers, but Scott comes across as, I don't know, more sweet?

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/z_bicikova/torchwood/actors/JBSG001.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/z_bicikova/torchwood/actors/jbsgtvquickchoiceawards0809200801.jpg

Kady
December 28th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Is it bad that I think Scott is faaaar better looking than John?

Seriously. Way to bag yourself a looker JB.

I know! Why is it that the most perfect men are, in fact, gay!! Its not fair! lol

Oh, both of them are lookers, but Scott comes across as, I don't know, more sweet?

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/z_bicikova/torchwood/actors/JBSG001.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/z_bicikova/torchwood/actors/jbsgtvquickchoiceawards0809200801.jpg

I got that about Scott as well at first but there was something in johns new book which surprised me about scott!! He's a hypocondriac!! As in Rodney McKay Hypocondriac!! :P John seems to imply that scott is the type of hypocondriac who'll have something as simple as a headache, go on the internet and somehow diagnose himself with the worse case senario, when its simply just a headache! :D He just doesn't seem the type to be one!! :lol:

If you want me to type that particular story up if you haven't got the book, tell me and i will.

Ashizuri
December 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM

He also seems much better dressed. I love JB to bits, but I sometimes feel like he gets dressed in the dark. Plus, the man has to have the patience of a saint to handle JB for as long as he has.

Honestly, JB reminds me so much of my first boss (not necessarily looks-wise, but I'd swear they share the same personality), a man who remains to this day a father-figure in my life, that too much lusting after JB makes me a bit squicky. I'd pay good money to see the two of them in a room together though, the camp would be off the charts.

I know! Why is it that the most perfect men are, in fact, gay!! Its not fair! lol

No joke. When I go out with my ex-boss to the gay clubs in San Francisco all the boys we go with open doors for me and pull out my chair when I sit down and never let me pay for anything because, as they tell me, that's how a lady is meant to be treated.

zuz
December 29th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I got that about Scott as well at first but there was something in johns new book which surprised me about scott!! He's a hypocondriac!! As in Rodney McKay Hypocondriac!! :P John seems to imply that scott is the type of hypocondriac who'll have something as simple as a headache, go on the internet and somehow diagnose himself with the worse case senario, when its simply just a headache! :D He just doesn't seem the type to be one!! :lol:

If you want me to type that particular story up if you haven't got the book, tell me and i will.

Yeah, that part of the book made me laugh so much. Esp the dialogue between John and Scott about some rare exotic disease and how on Earth Scott has all of the symptoms (and how he knows what the symptoms are in the first place). :p

Then again, Scott might be not the only one hypochondriac in the relationship. Do you remember the story about John's sister hearing very suspisious noise from the Scott's and John's bedroom (which in the morning turned out to be John panicking about having a heartattack)? ;)

He also seems much better dressed. I love JB to bits, but I sometimes feel like he gets dressed in the dark. Plus, the man has to have the patience of a saint to handle JB for as long as he has.
Yeah, I agree that Scott is usually better dressed... As long as he doesn't wear one of John's suits. :p :D

Evidence:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/z_bicikova/torchwood/actors/torchwood-cast02.jpg

Elizabeth Bartlett
January 5th, 2010, 04:52 PM

I know right? That always seems to happen to me, I start crushing on a guy and then I find out that he's gay :mckay:

No joke. When I go out with my ex-boss to the gay clubs in San Francisco all the boys we go with open doors for me and pull out my chair when I sit down and never let me pay for anything because, as they tell me, that's how a lady is meant to be treated.

can I come live with you? 'cause all I seem to get are frat boys (not that those are bad it's just they can be annoying after awhile)

zuz
January 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM
John's new album "John Barrowman" due for release March 1st.

The complete track listing for the album is:
When I Get My Name In Lights (from The Boy from Oz)
One Night Only (from Dreamgirls)
Copacabana (from Copacabana)
I Won't Send Roses (from Mack and Mabel)
Memory (from Cats)
The Kid Inside (from Is There Life After High School?)
My Eyes Adored You (from Jersey Boys)
Don't Cry Out Loud (from The Boy From Oz)
So Close (from "Enchanted") duet with Jodie Prenger
Unusual Way (from Nine)
You'll Never Walk Alone (from Carousel)
The Winner Takes It All (from Mamma Mia!)
Oh What A Night (from Jersey Boys)

from johnbarrowman.com (http://www.johnbarrowman.com/news.shtml)

Ashizuri
January 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
can I come live with you? 'cause all I seem to get are frat boys (not that those are bad it's just they can be annoying after awhile)

The more the merrier!! After being spoiled for so long I don't have a lot of patience for men who can't treat a lady right.

Copacabana (from Copacabana)]

*Gasp*
Her name was Lola...she was a dancer...

I LOVE that song. Don't mess this up JB. His covers are either amazing or complete crap and I still haven't forgiven him for his version of Right Here Waiting.

Kady
January 9th, 2010, 05:57 AM
The more the merrier!! After being spoiled for so long I don't have a lot of patience for men who can't treat a lady right.

*Gasp*
Her name was Lola...she was a dancer...

I LOVE that song. Don't mess this up JB. His covers are either amazing or complete crap and I still haven't forgiven him for his version of Right Here Waiting.

She was a SHOWGIRL!! How the hell do i know that and i'm deaf?! hehe!

H Louise
January 9th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Hi all,
Was just flicking through the channels and spotted a familiar army jacket swishing across the screen only for it to be revealed as this:
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rider_2008/upload/2008/10/knight_of_the_living_dead/kotld_5.jpg

Just found a screencap from the remade series of Knight Rider to show you. In the episode 'Knight of the Living Dead' its Halloween and one of the regular characters (Billy) dresses up as Jack!
Doesn't do JB justice though. lol.

A discussion on the episode can be found here-http://knightrideronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=12757

Ashizuri
January 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM
She was a SHOWGIRL!! How the hell do i know that and i'm deaf?! hehe!

D'oh.

Elizabeth Bartlett
January 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Apparently RTD and co are trying to get a US-version of Torchwood on FOX. According to the article JB will most likely still play Captain Jack if the station orders a pilot.

here's the article (http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/01/fox-readying-us-version-of-torchwood-.html)

Anyone else think that this is going to be bad?

Kady
January 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Apparently RTD and co are trying to get a US-version of Torchwood on FOX. According to the article JB will most likely still play Captain Jack if the station orders a pilot.

here's the article (http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/01/fox-readying-us-version-of-torchwood-.html)

Anyone else think that this is going to be bad?

Oh dear, god!! I have a bad feeling about this!!

Elizabeth Bartlett
January 19th, 2010, 06:52 PM
me too! they're going to make Jack a womanizer which takes all of his personality out the window. Plus I think that RTD fails to realize that American audiences don't like to watch sci-fi on network TV and you can't have Torchwood without Doctor Who and the majority of people who watch it will have NO idea what the entire series is about.

That being said I might watch just to see the train wreak and see RTD's ginormous ego deflate when it gets cancelled :D

Khentkawes
January 19th, 2010, 10:07 PM
me too! they're going to make Jack a womanizer which takes all of his personality out the window. Plus I think that RTD fails to realize that American audiences don't like to watch sci-fi on network TV and you can't have Torchwood without Doctor Who and the majority of people who watch it will have NO idea what the entire series is about.

I saw this rumor on another site today and started thinking about how many ways this could go drastically wrong. The Jack-as-womanizer issue didn't occur to me... but you're right. I could see that happening. I'd be afraid that they would try to make Jack into a stereotypical American action hero and ignore all the aspects of his character that I found so interesting.

That being said I might watch just to see the train wreak and see RTD's ginormous ego deflate when it gets cancelled :D

I always love watching train wreaks! :D

I'm not sure I believe this idea will ever get that far, however. I suspect someone will realize what a horrible idea this is and stop it from happening. But maybe that's just because of my personal opinion about RTD's writing abilities. I don't personally think he can pull this off in a way that American audiences will respond to. I suspect most viewers will just write off "Torchwood: USA" as yet another two-bit cheesy paranormal/SFF show.

Ashizuri
January 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
.. and you can't have Torchwood without Doctor Who .

Well, there was only a mention of the Doctor in CoE and it did extremely well, ratings wise. I imagine TW could carry on without the Doctor, I mean, he was never actually on TW and I can easily picture the moment in EoT being the last Jack cares to see of him. After the Doctor's no show in CoE I'd say that relationship is pretty much dead.

I'll bring the popcorn! :D

One of my main fears is that, as much as I love the Barrowman, he is not a great actor. He needs strong actors (like B.Gorman, N.Mori, and GDL) around him to make him step up his game. I feel like E.Myles is the same, they need a high caliber actor to balance themselves against and if they don't get it they just end up looking ametuer and I'd hate for American audiences to be introduced to a Barrowman not at the top of his game.

America is so backwards sometimes that his flashy personality and good-looks wont win him as many fans as it does in other places, particularly in the testosterone-fest that is most American sci-fi. It's feels like a make it or break it moment, and I just hope he can make it.

Elizabeth Bartlett
January 20th, 2010, 01:02 PM
I always love watching train wreaks! :D

I'm not sure I believe this idea will ever get that far, however. I suspect someone will realize what a horrible idea this is and stop it from happening. But maybe that's just because of my personal opinion about RTD's writing abilities. I don't personally think he can pull this off in a way that American audiences will respond to. I suspect most viewers will just write off "Torchwood: USA" as yet another two-bit cheesy paranormal/SFF show.

I hope that it does get stopped before getting to a pilot because I agree with you and FOX doesn't do well with high-concept shows :rolleyes:

on some other news; do we have any more news on the Captain America movie?

LaCroix
January 20th, 2010, 01:08 PM
From JB's yahoo group"

"Word from Gavin (John's manager) is that he's been told a Torchwood script has been written for Fox, but it is too early to comment on any further details. There is no confirmation at this stage, and that includes the question of whether Fox will take up the script, or whether John might be involved."

Kady
January 20th, 2010, 02:25 PM
on some other news; do we have any more news on the Captain America movie?

I thought that was just a rumour?

Ashizuri
January 20th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I thought that was just a rumour?

I know that Marvel decided to finance it after Iron Man was so successful, but I hear they're staying relatively close to the comic book and in the comics when he is first given the super-soldier serum he is in his mid- to late-twenties. And honestly, to stay true to the character being a representation of all the young men who fought in WWII I think the character does need to be a fairly young man trying to join up for "the cause."

But JB would probably look amazing in spandex, so they should give him the role anyway. :D

Elizabeth Bartlett
January 20th, 2010, 05:03 PM
I know that Marvel decided to finance it after Iron Man was so successful, but I hear they're staying relatively close to the comic book and in the comics when he is first given the super-soldier serum he is in his mid- to late-twenties. And honestly, to stay true to the character being a representation of all the young men who fought in WWII I think the character does need to be a fairly young man trying to join up for "the cause."

But JB would probably look amazing in spandex, so they should give him the role anyway. :D

:lol: :indeed:

and yes it was a rumor, JB said something at ComicCon a few years ago (I think) and I hadn't heard anything about it so I was just wondering where it was in terms of production. And I thought that we could all stop worrying over something that has the potential to be utterly hilarious. ;)

JennyMurray
February 4th, 2010, 02:04 PM
:waves:
Hey y'all ...I'm jenny...a recent Torchwood and JB convert ( I haven't been on GW in forever...I was usually around the Carson Beckett thread) . I just wanted to introduce myself. I've been going through previous posts..looking at the pretties...and avoiding the spoilers..lol. I have watched exactly three episodes...and I'm hooked. I'm waiting on JBs book to come in from Amazon...as well as some of his CDs..

Anyway I just wanted to introduce meself..and hope I'm not too late to join the party..

JennyMurray
February 4th, 2010, 02:09 PM
So..to get conversations started..what do y'all think about the news of John being on Desperate Housewives? I might have to start watching the show once his story line comes on..

Elizabeth Bartlett
February 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
So..to get conversations started..what do y'all think about the news of John being on Desperate Housewives? I might have to start watching the show once his story line comes on..

Welcome! :zelenka25: :D

As for JB being on DH I'd actually heard the rumor a while ago and was waiting for when they'd actually announce it. So when they did my plot bunnies started to come up with TW/DH one-shots! :lol: :P

Valaslonglostsister
February 10th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I made some jack Harkness icons and piccy things. Snurch if you like but give credit ^_^ thanks

i'm gonna start with my personal favorite- http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll342/RMckay91/tw113_0908-2.jpg icon version- http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll342/RMckay91/tw113_0908-1.jpghttp://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll342/RMckay91/tw113_0705-1.jpghttp://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll342/RMckay91/tw3_day4_1963-1.jpghttp://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll342/RMckay91/tw213_0906-1.jpg

LaCroix
August 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Sorry guy's I've decided to leave Gate World for a while. Who knows when/if I'll be back.

While I'm happy for those who think a S4 of TW is good, I don't. More of the same thing, GwenWood and less Jack's persona. And in my opinion JB sold out for what ever reason. So so long.

iheartshep
February 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
Would you believe.......I just saw a film called "Method" that John has a small role in? It came up on my Netflix queue and I couldn't figure why I had put it there......until I saw the opening credits. He was the best thing in the film IMO.

IHS :sheppard:

Greenee
February 6th, 2013, 01:34 PM
this thread seems dead and buried to me. Pitty, I 've just started watching Torchwood (actully I wachted the whole 4 series within less than 2 weeks) And I love(ed) it. Especially 1 and 2, didin't like 3 and only some parts of 4. I love JB in the role of Captain Jack and he is so much mor interresting in TW than he was in DW where just was this macho guy, entertainig and quite handsom to watch but too smooth to bee a deep charakter.

Greenee
February 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Well, just in case anyone still comes round here: I just found this hilarius video.
SOme of you might already know it, mut anyway. Have fun.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2eXX0rsaD8&list=PL8678A30B57DE0995

Lilith
February 10th, 2013, 12:59 PM
i stopped watching after s2.... i have s3 sitting on my laptop, but i just haven't gotten around to watching it.... and i've heard that s4 is just a huge let-down.... but now John is on CW's Arrow..... i'll eventually get around to capping his scenes, b/c JB in a three piece suit is just yum!

Greenee
February 11th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Yeah, s4 didn't have anything to do with the start of the show. It's ... dont't know, too much of nearly everything. But there are some good scens in it an you learn a lot about the characters, especialy Jack and his past, which was quite interssting an well done, in my opinion. Well you get some nice glances of Jack as well. So even if I didn't like the story much it was worth watching.

iheartshep
February 11th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah.....totally enjoying John in Arrow. :D

Greenee
February 12th, 2013, 02:24 AM
So I have to watch Arrow now, if I want to see some more of Mr. Barrowman? Never heard about it before. Mybe I give it a go, if I can find it somewhere. But what ever role he playes there, I doubt that I will like it as much as Captain Jack. I love this charakter.

Lilith
February 13th, 2013, 06:10 AM
So I have to watch Arrow now, if I want to see some more of Mr. Barrowman? Never heard about it before. Mybe I give it a go, if I can find it somewhere. But what ever role he playes there, I doubt that I will like it as much as Captain Jack. I love this charakter.

ever heard of a show called Smallville? same concept 'cept the main character is the Green Arrow.... JB plays the big bad Mr. Merlin.... designer suits, lots of money, and he's the villian! tho, the story is v slow at developing, so we don't see much of him yet

Greenee
February 14th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Heard of? Yes. Seen? nope, never. Like I said in the other thread. I was'nt much of the TV-show-type before I came across the goodness, Stefen Moafat and RTD, (re)created. JB as villian? hmmm... Don't know, if I'm too keen of about that. But maybe I'll give a go, if I can find it somewhere.

iheartshep
February 15th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Trust me.......John B. is a delicious, scenery-chewing-potential bad boy! ;)

Greenee
February 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
hm.. I have to say, you'Re making me interessted. It's wierd I never uesd to watch something because I fancied the actor before. Well actully I never did fancy any actor before, not that much at least. ANd here I am "chrushing" on one who is so much older than me and playing a gay superhero. What have I done wrong? ;-)

edit: I've just watched the trailer. Don't think I like that, even if JB might be an eye-catcher.

Lilith
February 17th, 2013, 07:22 PM
er, not just playing... John and his partner Scott are in a very loving and committed relationship... the commitment ceremony was beautiful.... Scott in a tux, John wearing a his clan kilt, the entire cast of Torchwood smiling in the background....

and i've watched plenty of shows and movies b/c of the actors.... half the time, it's how i get interested in a show or movie.... half the time i won't watch a movie b/c of X actor.... ie, Sylvester Stalone.... absolutely hate the man and absolutely refuse to watch anything with him in it..... Tom Cruise is hit and miss... i don't really like him, but he does have some admittedly good movies.....

Greenee
February 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM
er, not just playing... John and his partner Scott are in a very loving and committed relationship...

Yes I know. To be precise I should have said "a gay actor who is so much older than me and playing an omnisexual superhero (who is about 700(?) years old." ;) Anyway...

As for watching movies etc. because of specific actors... I knwo that a lot of people do this. I just never used to be one of them. So it would be.. well.. is actually, new to me. Thats all I was saying. But the storxline and/or the charakter are still more importend to me, than who is playing the role, as long as he/she does a good job. Though there are always people I enjoy watching more than others.

Lilith
February 18th, 2013, 05:13 PM
well yea.... storyline and characters are a huge consideration, but then there are certain actors that would make a character come alive and are just perfect for a role... and knowing that actor x did such a great job with character a and will be playing character b, who is v similar to a, in an upcoming film or show just heightens the anticipation for most ppl

as for jack, depends on what series you're talking about.... in s1 and 2, he'd be somewhere b/t 150-200 yrs old since we don't know what his original age was when he first met the Doctor, but by the end of s2, he'd be over a millennium b/c that's about how long he spent buried alive

Greenee
February 19th, 2013, 01:52 AM
well yea.... storyline and characters are a huge consideration, but then there are certain actors that would make a character come alive and are just perfect for a role... and knowing that actor x did such a great job with character a and will be playing character b, who is v similar to a, in an upcoming film or show just heightens the anticipation for most ppl

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. But I 've been rather talking about people, who watch something they actuly don't like, but just because to lock at a certain face or body. But if it makes them happy, they should just do it. As for me, personally, I prefere actors I don't know yet, because I don't like if different roles mix up in my head or if the role gets mixed up with the actor, which is most likely to happen with a lot of the more popular actors.

And fore Jacks age: Well, your right, Let's say he just is rather old ;)

GermanAstra
February 23rd, 2013, 01:41 AM
edit: I've just watched the trailer. Don't think I like that, even if JB might be an eye-catcher.
Really too bad. I admit I also started to watch because of John - I am in Germany and hadn't heard about "Arrow" before John was announced officially. But I quickly got totally hooked. I love all the actors, I love the story, I love especially the flashbacks to the island telling us how Oliver Queen became the man he is today... what's not to love?

I also like that there are no superpowers, that they make it more "real". Just ordinary people. Good looking ordinary people ;)

There's a lot of twists and cliffhangers which really makes me desperatedly wait for the next episode. Which is totally new to me, because both with "Stargate" as well as "Doctor Who" and "Torchwood" I came into it years later and had lots of episodes to catch up with. With "Arrow", at the beginning I was so desperate, I watched the same three episodes over and over again while waiting for more. That is VERY new for me as well!

Another plus point is, that they film in Vancouver, I spot locations I have been to myself or seen before, just recently the art gallery had to be a justice court once again LOL James Bamford, which we all also know back from Stargate days, is doing the action scenes, and recently they had Ben Browder as a guest... and next week we will get Alex Kingston which you might know better as River Song...

Still not interested? Otherwise I would recommend the episode come Wednesday, it will be JB heavy from the spoiler pics I have seen. Not sure how much sense it will make without seeing the previous episodes, but you could still try. And yes, he looks extremely good in all those suits they put him. In the beginning he was called "the well-dressed man".

Here are the pictures I am talking about:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episode-16-dead-to-rights-images/13428?pid=1164

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episode-16-dead-to-rights-images/13428?pid=1169

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episode-16-dead-to-rights-images/13428?pid=1170

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episode-16-dead-to-rights-images/13428?pid=1171

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episode-16-dead-to-rights-images/13428?pid=1172

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episode-16-dead-to-rights-images/13428?pid=1173

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-episode-16-dead-to-rights-images/13428?pid=1175

Lilith
February 23rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
i saw that Alex had been casted for a guest role and freaked for like an hour! she was recently on NCIS, another show i'm an avid of, and was just completely awesome.... i'd love to see River and Jack together on screen, but i doubt that's ever gonna happen [( unless it happens in the 50th aniversary docu-drama..... damn the BBC for being so tight-lipped about it )] but i'll i take John and Alex sharing screen time on Arrow.... i cannot wait!

Greenee
February 25th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the pics, Astra.
But I realy couldn't watch it. John does look good is this suit somehow, but he reminds me far too much of the villian (I think it was teh villian) in a daily soap, my mum uses to watch. This is an absolut no-go. No, no, I stik with Torchwood and Doctor Who or elese with you tube if I want to see some of this pretty man.

There's a lot of twists and cliffhangers which really makes me desperatedly wait for the next episode. Which is totally new to me, because both with "Stargate" as well as "Doctor Who" and "Torchwood" I came into it years later and had lots of episodes to catch up with. With "Arrow", at the beginning I was so desperate, I watched the same three episodes over and over again while waiting for more. That is VERY new for me as well!

Yeah, same here with TW and DW (never saw Stargate, only the film just the other day; it was allright, but not that chatchy in my opinionĀ°please no one stone me for this, since this seems to be a Stargate-ForumĀ°). Now I have to wait for Doctor Who to continue on easter (if I am able to see, since I don't get BBC. Well it wored with the christmas special so I hope it will work again). In meantime I mayme manage to start chatching up with the classic who.

GermanAstra
October 24th, 2014, 03:33 PM
John Barrowman introduces the new NASA space shuttle called Orion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0p4-DlYh0s