This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel is Rachel not Teyla so stop the attack

I cannot believe the way some people are trashing Rachel personally because she is not against seeing Sheyla and to set the record straight although Rachel has often complimented Joe and Shep she has also stated at times she too is hesitent about any possible Sheyla romance so has her reservations too ..
    I remember Torri saying Joe is sexy yet because Torri was the one saying it why that's acceptable and peachy keen .. Huh ?
    Again I"m SOOO tired of the Rachel bashing and cannot believe people are now trashing anything and everything which Rachel is saying ..
    Torri complimented Joe and Shep too and you know what ? She is RIGHT ON LOL as is Rachel for all her compliments about Joe and Shep and also Rachel highly has complimented Paul too by outright saying she would love to work more with him so why not be outraged she complimented Paul and Beckett ?
    Really .. Rachel is merely portraying a Character that's all ..

Pam

Pam

Pam, i can appreciate how you feel, but this is not the way to handle it. If you see a post that you feel attacks Rachel, use the report tool and report it to the mods, and if we also feel that the post is against Gateworld's rules, we will do something about it.

This thread, while it may certainly express your feelings, probably won't accomplish your goal because it detracts attention from the problem and sends it elsewhere.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to point out that not all comments made about TEYLA THE CHARACTER are intended to be about Rachel the actress. In fact, a majority of what I've personally seen have been discussions/complaints about TEYLA THE CHARACTER. They have been blatantly about TEYLA THE CHARACTER and have in absolutely no way whatsoever so much as HINTED at being a slam against Rachel the actress.

If you are going to take every non-positive comment about TEYLA THE CHARACTER as a direct attack against Rachel the actress, then you are just as guilty of "blurring the line" as those you accuse and you're going to be seeing a lot of hatred that honestly isn't there.

Don't turn this into a witch hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        I'd like to point out that not all comments made about TEYLA THE CHARACTER are intended to be about Rachel the actress. In fact, a majority of what I've personally seen have been discussions/complaints about TEYLA THE CHARACTER. They have been blatantly about TEYLA THE CHARACTER and have in absolutely no way whatsoever so much as HINTED at being a slam against Rachel the actress.

If you are going to take every non-positive comment about TEYLA THE CHARACTER as a direct attack against Rachel the actress, then you are just as guilty of "blurring the line" as those you accuse and you're going to be seeing a lot of hatred that honestly isn't there.

Don't turn this into a witch hunt.

I do not take all comments about Teyla as direct attacks against Rachel so am not complaining about the petty posts which occur every so often but am tired of those trashing Rachel personally by saying she is advocating how Teyla loooks and now Rachel is being criticized because she *gasp* is not against seeing John & Teyla as a couple and *gasp* actually compliments Joe and Shep and because Rachel is doing it that's wrong and the double standard I am seeing SUCKS
        I guess when Rachel is fired then all these antis can rejoice and be happy *sigh*

Pam

Comment

Actually, I have seen you scream and rage at people for "attacking" Rachel even after said people politely pointed out that no, in fact, they were discussing- and I do mean discussing, not attacking- Teyla.

Either way, you're taking it all far too personally. As Skydiver said, if there is honestly a problem of people bashing Rachel, the proper thing to do is to TELL THE MODS instead of creating a thread to scream about it. Telling the mods gets the problem solved, NOW. Starting a thread only stirs up more trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by John&Teylaalltheway
            I cannot believe the way some people are trashing Rachel personally because she is not against seeing Sheyla
            No, nor can I. I'm a 'believe it when I see it' type of gal though. And I've yet to see it. You haven't let us know what thread you're talking about (or even if you're talking about GW or a different forum entirely) so I can't check. Having said that, if you do want to bring it to the attention of the mods, feel free to PM us or to use the Report Violation button - it's more effective than posting a thread for it that we might not find.

Trashing actors is against forum rules; we allow criticism of their professional work and public statements, but 'trashing' (as I define the word) is not allowed; GW has a rule saying, "respect the actors". If we find anyone laying into Rachel in a way that is OTT we'll deal with it. But as things stand there's no actual Rachel-trashing (AFAICS), so this discussion is pretty much hypothetical.

If you're talking about people not on GW, that's something we don't allow here. If you''re talking about people who are on GW, then you can either have a discussion about it in the relevant thread or if you think it's really serious you can let a mod know. Either way this thread becomes redundant: I'm closing it.

Madeleine

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
            X