X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gou'ald and wraith

Hi

ive been lurking for some time and finally created a account! anyway, I did a quick search and couldnt find this question, and with a gou'ald coming to atlantis as a spy, it got me thinking...

I cant remember what episode of sga it was, but i think it has happened more than once, that in a one on one fight, the wraith get close, and sometimes even feed in battle, what is stopping a jolinar type event where the gou'ald would leap in to a wraith body?

to me this is feasable, and would be a good story line! the gou'ald can take pretty much any life form if I remember correctly it even took a bat/bird type creature in that episode with the Rusians in the pyramid, so why not the wraith?

the only difrent between the wraith and the unas, is that the wraith feed off of others to replenish their life, frankly that diffrence I dont believe is enough to make them invincible from gou'ald...

what do you other thing?

Could make a possible intresting twist

SPOILERS FOR STARGATE

The goa,old's major players have been defeated in our galaxy (with many rebeling) however in the pegasis galaxy vertually no one had heard of the goa,olds, if the goa,olds could take control of the seeming invincible wraith (native pegasis peoples) it could credit the goa,olds once again as gods
    I Have Information...

Comment

Now there's an idea to make your skin crawl....a goa'ulded Wraith!

It's an interesting idea though -- would the Goa'uld take over the Wraith? Or would the Wraith drain the little worm before it had the chance?

If the Goa'uld survived, I'd imagine it would want to swap out its host for a better model as quickly as it could. (Life inside a Wraith's skin would probably be pretty darn unpleasant. You're hungry all the time, you spend most of your life in hibernation and you have catfish whiskers. On the up side...you get that sharp pleather wardrobe.) Say...if the Wraith really do have group telepathy, what would the others do to the Goa'ulded member? Hmm.

But if I had to bet, I'd put my money on the Wraith. Those suckers are odd on a cellular level. Their dismembered hands crawl around the landscape after you cut them off -- so I can't imagine what their insides would do to an invading Goa'uld. Bleargh!

Fun question! Gross, but fun.

Comment

I just think that there are loads of possibilities with this weird sort of twist, as you said they will probably use that reasoning ofthe insides not being inhabitable to stop this, but if they dont.... just imagine!

I can just imagine a gou'ald with wraith powers would be cool! maybe even a super twist as the wriath could accept him, maybe some sort of tokra type thing, the gou'ald speaks through the body, the wraith speaks mentally to others... maybe this would give even more healing power to the wraith, and the gou'ald could give new anti human stratagies? (just a thought!)

or maybe the wraith scientists, if there are any, i just remember that weird lab, they could experiment with the gou'ald, and twist the storyline again, and make the gou'ald slaves! take away their power to take control of host, and give them ability to maybe make younger, or super heal people, so that the wraith would implant people before feeding, and they basically last longer... I am just thinking that the wraith take of years, and the gouald make people live a lot longer...

with wraith in atlantis, there could be so many new plot twists!

Comment

It would not be possible.

The Wraith have a hive mind. The other Wraith would easily be able to identify the problematic Goa'ulded Wraith and:

A. Find that Wraith and remove the Goa'uld/kill the Wraith.

B. Have the infested Wraith overpower the Goa'uld inside. The Wraith's mind are more complex and stronger than that of the Humans/Goa'uld. They should win over control of the body.

C. Take over the Wraith's body and eliminate the Goa'uld.

The Wraith win.

Comment

im getting the feleling a gould maybe able to keep the wraith alive without feading. but im not sure the gould could take the wraith because dont they need the hosts DNA to make a sucesful blending? wraith and human DNA are diff. ( im getting the idead from SG1 Hathor ep). that wraith will be far superior to the others. but maybe the wraith could kill it in its body and survive, or could restrain the gould from taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto

The Wraith have a hive mind. The other Wraith would easily be able to identify the problematic Goa'ulded Wraith and:

B. Have the infested Wraith overpower the Goa'uld inside. The Wraith's mind are more complex and stronger than that of the Humans/Goa'uld. They should win over control of the body.

The Wraith win.
              missed 1 interogate it or when it dies use the gould memory to find milkyway

Comment

mentally the wraith will always win, but mayb enot physically, remember that in the trakori? episode, they had to call the tokra to remove the gou'ald safely because they said that it can cause immense pain to the host, we know it can even kill the host if it wants. What happens as I said if a gou'ald jumps in to a lone wraith, then casues enough pain to make him submit to taking control (we know the wraith have a high threshold of pain, but they still feel it) then they go to a far away planet through the stargate.... a whole planet to enslave...

it would be good! I just like the whole new dynamic of atlantis and the undeveloped worlds, they all know that the wraith are evil and hate them, but none of them think of them as gods, and infact go through the stargate.

(something else, not worth starting a new topic, why doesnt the team travel to the genii? world and put a padlock on that hatch to stop it opening, or park a puddlejumper on it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto

The Wraith win.
                  First part. You don't know that. Second part, we don't know that.

A. How are they going to find the Gua'uld/Wraith if he is hiding? That one Wraith was never found stranded on that planet.

B. You don't know that.

C. WHAT?

Unless you are a writer, you don't know what you just rote is true. Although a very good asumtion.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by wilhil
                    Hi

ive been lurking for some time and finally created a account! anyway, I did a quick search and couldnt find this question, and with a gou'ald coming to atlantis as a spy, it got me thinking...

I cant remember what episode of sga it was, but i think it has happened more than once, that in a one on one fight, the wraith get close, and sometimes even feed in battle, what is stopping a jolinar type event where the gou'ald would leap in to a wraith body?

to me this is feasable, and would be a good story line! the gou'ald can take pretty much any life form if I remember correctly it even took a bat/bird type creature in that episode with the Rusians in the pyramid, so why not the wraith?

the only difrent between the wraith and the unas, is that the wraith feed off of others to replenish their life, frankly that diffrence I dont believe is enough to make them invincible from gou'ald...

what do you other thing?
                    Vary good thread for your first time out. I give you REP. Hope to see you around. WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

How oftern do we have a Wraith vs Goa'uld discussion anyway? I have never known there not be such a discussion somewhere on the Gateworld forums.

Note- Goa'uld success depends upon if they have previously obtained DNA from the target species, with it they may be able to overcome the Wraith's abilities.
                      This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

I hope that the Goa'uld will be a Queen! I think he / she will flee from Atlantis and begin a new wonderful dynasty.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Bastet
                          How oftern do we have a Wraith vs Goa'uld discussion anyway? I have never known there not be such a discussion somewhere on the Gateworld forums.

Note- Goa'uld success depends upon if they have previously obtained DNA from the target species, with it they may be able to overcome the Wraith's abilities.

If I recall correctly, this would not happen, and same to someone above who said about DNA, If I remember correctly, the symbiote/DNA thing was only to become a jaffa, to be a gou'ald nothing is needed... I mean do you think a gou'ald went up to that bat/bird and prepared it to be gou'ald? it just jumped in to the body, same with jolinar, sam or the symbiote were not prepared to be compatible for one another, she just got close and it jumped in.

just imagine wraith jaffa if that ever could happen!

now then after typing that, I am thinking... something you never see which I am now wondering about, could you get unus jaffa, you only ever see unus gou'ald, and frankly they must of grown up somewhere before humans, or maybe they just did in the vats!

Comment

I wana sick fifty or sixty Super Soldiers onto the Wraith, one planet at a time.

Wraith watch as they come through the gate.
                            Wraith open fire with stunners...which do nothing.
                            Soldiers return fire en-mass, ripping Wraith into chunks
                            A couple of Wraith get into HTH...then find the Drones are actualy stronger.
                            One desperaty tries to feed...only to find they are actualy dead and don't HAVE a lifeforce...

Twenty minuites later, the planet and hiveship on it have been cleared. Then our now Pro Earth drones go back to Atlantis for a well deserved rest....waaaay out on the West Peir where no-one will have to look at them outside their uniforms *shudders*
                            --
                            The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

I'm looking forward to a confrontation myself

I want to see several Ha'taks attack a Hive ship...
                              I want to see the Death Gliders destroyed by a swarm of Darts
                              I want to see the Ha'tak's futile attack
                              I want to see the Hive ship disable its attackers and cull their crews

Oh and I want to see the supersoldier be knocked out by stunners

Come on if the Wraith could beat the Lanteans what chance do the Goa'uld have?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X