Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA & The Genii working together, a possible future...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA & The Genii working together, a possible future...

Hey all,

This may sound like a mad idea but think about it, wouldn't it be interesting to have the genii as allies? I know they tried to take over the base but I must say I'm really convinced that if not in the 2nd season then deffo the 3rd will we see the Genii as SGAs allies, they gave SGA the nukes (apparantly in return for a POW we had belonging to them) but the truth is that we and them want the exact same thing, so why should we fight? Don't you think it would make the situation far more interesting if we were on the same side?

I fully understand that they have betrayed SGA in the past, but you must also consider that they had plans in the works for years that SGAs arrival sorta screwed up, so in fairness if it happened to you you'd probably be fairly annoyed, I truly belive that in the future of the show SGA and the Genii will work together, but I'd love to hear other people's opinions on the subject matter.

Kind Regards
    Al
    We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

Absolutely. I love the idea.. have some green.

War makes strange bedfellows. Consider the big three in WWII... Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin. They represented a widely divergent set of values that after the threat of the Third Reich passed turned on each other. The U.S. coerced Britain into giving up its empire, and the Soviets and the West were subsequently engaged in a power struggle for the next forty odd years.

However, I don't know how the FANS will feel about it. A lot of fans seem to want to punish the Genii for daring to oppose the SGA's claim to Atlantis and to technology found in the Pegasus Galaxy... despite the fact that the Genii probably have their own pretty good a claim to such things.

Stargate has so far engendered a pretty dogmatic worldview of "SGC/SGA=good" and "anyone opposed to 'heroes'=bad". So the Genii are pretty well villified.
    Last edited by Darth Buddha; 03 July 2005, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Credit to you sir, quite clearly you're a highly inteligent person, that's a great analogy, I genuinely would love to see the Genii & SGA work together, even though they don't get on, both have have the same agenda pretty much, and both want to crush the wraith if possible.

I really think it will make for very good viewing, to see them work together.

Al

Comment

Originally posted by aligator_am
        Credit to you sir, quite clearly you're a highly inteligent person, that's a great analogy,
        Ah, don't mistake a bit of history for intelligence. That was an easy analogy, and I assure you, my brain is NOT operating at a very high level at this very moment!

Stargate seems to be allowing these sorts of entanglements where an enemy one day is an ally the next as they haven't before. Note the complicity of Ba'al in thwarting Anubis, and the Genii weapons so key to Shep's intended kamikaze mission the end of Season 1, so maybe we can expect to see more in the way of complicated allegiances!

Comment

Actually I would love if they teamed up with the SGA.
          In fact I wish they would get rid of Teyla and replace her with Sora as I like her alot better then I do Teyla.
          Mind you this is just my opinion as I know alot of people like Teyla.

Comment

You know what kills me, I haven't even seen Sora! I missed the eps The Storm & The Eye, I've heard they were great but I totally missed them

Comment

I would like to team up but in a US Russian relationship. When there is warwhere on the same side. When we aren't we need to watch are A_ses. Will have spies watching them and they will have spies watching us. It will give the show some excitement. Like what are we up to, what are they up to. Like the cold war if you will.
              What of you all think?
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

You know, I can't wait to see Chief Cowens face.
                My friend suggested it might go like this.

Orderly: Chief O'Br... Chief Cowen, sir?
                Cowen: What is it?
                O: We just received word that five Hive Ships, 15 Wraith Cruisers and countless Darts have attacked Atlantis.
                C: Well, there's one group we won't have to worry about then.
                O: Yes sir! But there are still more Wraith out there.
                C: Hold on... I'm talking about the Lanteans?
                O: Sir?
                C: They were destroyed by the Wraith, correct?
                O: N... no sir. All Wraith forces were demolished by the people at Atlantis.
                C: WHAT?
                O: They... they destroyed the Hive ships and obliterated anything that came near.
                C: How?
                O: By means of a really big starship carrying lots of fighter craft.
                C: How do you know this?
                O: Because they're hovering over our facade villiage right now. Colonel Sheppard wishes to speak with you... he said something about 'rubbing it in'. Now sure what that means.
                C: *goes white*

Seriously though, the Geni are someone we simply can't trust. They apparently had some huge empire of 20 planets or something they want to restore (easy to have an Empire of planets when you have the Stargate of course) but they have to defeat the Wraith.

They are understandably pissed at us for waking them up early when they were planing to hit all the Hiveships and nuke them while they were on the ground. But they have to face facts.

We're here to stay now with substantial reinforcements and a warships. We've beaten off the Wraiths first attack and now we're probably going to be looking for ways to fight them effectivly. Our general technoloy is half a century (at Earth levels of advancement they can't match) ahead of theirs. Factor in all the Goa'uld technology we've ripped off, its closer to 400 years. WE are in a position to help THEM. More advanced weapons, supplies of various technology and so on...

But the question is can the Geni prove WE can trust THEM? I look forward to seeing them crawling on their stomachs back to us
                --
                The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

There's only one problem with your setup of the situation, Chris O'Farrell: it makes for a bad story. The Genii as somebody you have to work with at times, because they've got resources you don't, is interesting. As another client state to the SGA in Atlantis, they aren't interesting.

I sincerely doubt the writers are going to put the SGA in such a dominant position. Granted, they have Atlantis and its resources, but they don't know how to use them. Assuming they have a single warship in Season 2, that still doesn't give them a manufacturing capability that they can use. The Genii represent a culture with both agricultural and technological resources that Atlantis will likely need in the future. Just as they've needed food and the need for the Genii nuclear weapons, there will doubtless be additional plots that will force the SGA to go looking for help from the Genii.

Why? Because it is interesting. It's complicated, it's awkward, it's maddening. It's everything that a Genii who are beholden to the SGA is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                    There's only one problem with your setup of the situation, Chris O'Farrell: it makes for a bad story. The Genii as somebody you have to work with at times, because they've got resources you don't, is interesting. As another client state to the SGA in Atlantis, they aren't interesting.

I sincerely doubt the writers are going to put the SGA in such a dominant position. Granted, they have Atlantis and its resources, but they don't know how to use them. Assuming they have a single warship in Season 2, that still doesn't give them a manufacturing capability that they can use. The Genii represent a culture with both agricultural and technological resources that Atlantis will likely need in the future. Just as they've needed food and the need for the Genii nuclear weapons, there will doubtless be additional plots that will force the SGA to go looking for help from the Genii.

Why? Because it is interesting. It's complicated, it's awkward, it's maddening. It's everything that a Genii who are beholden to the SGA is not.
                    Like it or not we will need the Genii and they will need us. They can't hide underground forever. And they are the most tech advanced race we have met. We need the nukes. We should offer them to share atlanits with us. The city is huge and now a
                    Spoiler:
                    ZPM
                    it would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Farrell
                      You know, I can't wait to see Chief Cowens face.
                      My friend suggested it might go like this.

Orderly: Chief O'Br... Chief Cowen, sir?
                      Cowen: What is it?
                      O: We just received word that five Hive Ships, 15 Wraith Cruisers and countless Darts have attacked Atlantis.
                      C: Well, there's one group we won't have to worry about then.
                      O: Yes sir! But there are still more Wraith out there.
                      C: Hold on... I'm talking about the Lanteans?
                      O: Sir?
                      C: They were destroyed by the Wraith, correct?
                      O: N... no sir. All Wraith forces were demolished by the people at Atlantis.
                      C: WHAT?
                      O: They... they destroyed the Hive ships and obliterated anything that came near.
                      C: How?
                      O: By means of a really big starship carrying lots of fighter craft.
                      C: How do you know this?
                      O: Because they're hovering over our facade villiage right now. Colonel Sheppard wishes to speak with you... he said something about 'rubbing it in'. Now sure what that means.
                      C: *goes white*

Seriously though, the Geni are someone we simply can't trust. They apparently had some huge empire of 20 planets or something they want to restore (easy to have an Empire of planets when you have the Stargate of course) but they have to defeat the Wraith.

They are understandably pissed at us for waking them up early when they were planing to hit all the Hiveships and nuke them while they were on the ground. But they have to face facts.

We're here to stay now with substantial reinforcements and a warships. We've beaten off the Wraiths first attack and now we're probably going to be looking for ways to fight them effectivly. Our general technoloy is half a century (at Earth levels of advancement they can't match) ahead of theirs. Factor in all the Goa'uld technology we've ripped off, its closer to 400 years. WE are in a position to help THEM. More advanced weapons, supplies of various technology and so on...

But the question is can the Geni prove WE can trust THEM? I look forward to seeing them crawling on their stomachs back to us
                      Now That was not just FUNNY but GREAT to. Thank you for making me laugh. Here's some green.
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

I agree, we need them.

Comment

I could see the Genii becoming our allies easily. I could see a Jack/Mayborne thing in the future with Shep/Kolya

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                            I could see the Genii becoming our allies easily. I could see a Jack/Mayborne thing in the future with Shep/Kolya
                            I certainly CAN'T. Mayborne was funny, witty and it was a pleasure to see how much he irritated Jack, more importantly deep down he was a good guy. Kolya is a sick twisted b@$&*^d who killed two of Sheppards men, kidnapped, threathened and tortured his friends, invaded Atlantis and almost caused the city to be destroyed.

IMO Sora proved that all the Genii aren't "evil" as such, even grieving for her father she releasised that what Koyla was doing was wrong. The Genii and Earth may become Allies but it is people like Koyla who will stand in the way of peace.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                              there will be additional plots that will force the SGA to go looking for help from the Genii. Why? Because it is interesting. It's complicated, it's awkward, it's maddening. It's everything that a Genii who are beholden to the SGA is not.

I agree with that statement!, the Genii and our relationship with them is "complicated, ackward, and maddening" all in one...good analogy.

I can see the Genii eventually becoming good friends with us when they shake up there Gov't and powers that be.....I cann see the episode now, Atlantis gets a message from the Genii that they have overthrown there Gov't and now want to become our friends and allies.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X