PDA

View Full Version : How do you think Season 8 will end?

keels
June 17th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Any one have any ideas?

Adamixoye
June 17th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Depends on whether or not it's the last season. Which it probably will be, but still.

Crazedwraith
June 18th, 2004, 02:15 AM
with the credits, it's traditional. :P

shockwave
June 18th, 2004, 03:19 AM
cliffhanger for season 9

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 07:04 AM
If there is a season nine, yes there will be a cliffhanger as does any other season

But the ending, I think we need to learn more of the beginning first!

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Don't we kind of know already what the beginning of S8 will be like? (Well the people who read spoilers that is)

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I meant we don't know any key facts that outline the enemies and major storylines yet. But I'm sure a cliffhanger is still the answer

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Of course theres going to be a cliffhanger, but well, i don't want one if there isn't a S9... :(

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 10:18 AM
I know that's how some shows like to end a show, for good with a cliffhanger that will never be answered. A cliffhanger is only good for two reasons

If there is a season nine
If the cliffhanger is carried over to the beginning of Atlantis season two
They're my points. Make sense

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 10:32 AM
I almost forgot Atlantis was going to be on as well, haha.. Hmm, it would be a really long finale if both shows had two hours for their finale's plus both were crossovers :)

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Well, I think it would be confusing, but if it was to end, then it should just end

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Maybe if they did it right, it wouldn't be confusing at all;)

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 10:47 AM
It would have to be a good story that fits between the two

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 12:19 PM
If there wasnt a good story, then i don't think they would do a 'long' crossover, haha... :)

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 01:35 PM
You're right. I think the only possible crossover currently will be the Lost City

bcmilco
June 18th, 2004, 02:14 PM
I doubt they'd do any kind of story that crosses over between the two shows because they are two seperate entities and they want them to remain that way.

Plus I'd find that to be a blantant attempt to pull me from one show to the other and I don't think I'd appreciate that much, espeically if I don't end up liking SGA. ;)

Mio
June 18th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Any one have any ideas?
With a to be continued, and the announcment of Season 9, of course!!

sshspooky
June 18th, 2004, 03:14 PM
I think a cliffhanger is guaranteed. If there ends up not being a season 9 they'll probably then do a movie to satisfy the cliffhanger, but personally i see there being a season 9. if the ratings stay good and Atlantis does well i see SG-1 going on for a few more years yet, if only just to set a few longest running records in America. I doubt it'll beat Doctor Who's record though!

bcmilco
June 18th, 2004, 04:03 PM
If the 8th season is the last I'm guessing that the main characters will end up going their seperate ways.

If it's not the end I'm guessing it'll go with a cliffhanger.

keshou
June 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
If 8th season is the last.......

I think TPTB will basically tie up most of the loose ends, including a big win for SG-1 in the last episode over one of their season 8 enemies. They'll leave things pretty status quo with the team, as if SG-1 team members will still be around doing their jobs at the SGC. The main reason I lean this direction is that I think they may want to have the option of SG-1 movies or its cast members showing up as guest stars on Atlantis in future seasons. (Eventually I think they'll be some communication between the galaxies.)

If they get renewed for a 9th season.......

There will be a cliffhanger and that big win will have to wait a year. :)

David85
June 18th, 2004, 05:02 PM
The reason why Atlantis is in another galaxy is because they didn't want two shows being aired at the same time to over cross so I doubt they will for the Atlantis finale. I do think that if Atlantis is a hit that they will go back to Earth through the Stargate and beat up with some of the SG1 members down the road or hell the whole city lift up and come back to Earth. :)

SBacklin
June 18th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Well I agree with one of the previous postings. It will probably (maybe not) end with a cliffhanger for Season 9 or if no Season 9 then there will be a movie. What I would like to see is Stargate SG-1 to end with a bang a big battle with an enemy, Goa'uld maybe, Earth is getting their butts kicked and out of no where the Furlings show up to help us or the Tolans make a come back to help us. That would be very interesting to see.

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 08:33 PM
I would rather see the Furlings come and save us than the Tollans, haha...

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Furlings? I doubt that, in the meantime bring the Nox to save our butt and hide our planet! :D

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Hmm... Maybe Jack will finally catch a fish?!

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Now that's a thought. And Teal'c will actually stick his fishing-rod in the water

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:09 AM
Haha, i take that back, i don't want Jack to catch a fish just yet, hahah..

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Think before you type

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:14 AM
You didn't really need to say that ;), but anyway, back to the topic, i would be open the idea of an episode about SG1's life in the future, but thats too general right now...

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:19 AM
A good idea for the future, but not just yet

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:21 AM
But the thing is, what 'IF' S8 will be the last, but thats just a guess. But i still think it would be a good idea, present or future. My guess... We will see Baal die, haha..

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:23 AM
If it is the last season, which is quite possible then yes a epsiode like this is great. But if it isn't then I think season nine would be perfect

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:26 AM
I would love to see the season end (even if there will be a S9) without a cliffhanger, haha... Maybe we could defeat the Goa'uld, but then the replicators become our main enemy, but yah, i would miss the Goa'uld, especially Yu.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:28 AM
No cliffhanger is always a good ending but I always think you question, ok so that happened what next. It's like waiting for the following weeks episode

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Except it will be a while till the next new episode starts :( Haha...

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:34 AM
If there is even one! :D I think a cliffhanger is always good even if it the end of a show

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Unless the cliffhanger leaves most of the characters dead... Such as Andromeda, ahh, hated that finale... :( Well maybe if the characters did die, it obviously would have to be reverable (if it wasn't a series finale). Angel's series finale cliffhanger, i wasn't too fond of that, although i did like the episode in general. Ooo... maybe they should end S8 telling Earth the truth about the Stargate, and blah blah blah.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I doubt it would leave everyone dead, I think those endings are poor and slapped together

ecm101
June 19th, 2004, 02:21 AM
If there is a S9 and no jack maybe he dies?
:(

shockwave
June 19th, 2004, 02:24 AM
If there won't be jack/RDA there won't be a season 9

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Not necessarily. Just because RDA may not be on the show doesn't mean that the show won't stop completely. The show can and probably will go on without him but I'm sure if it does he'll make guest appearances

Apepi
June 19th, 2004, 06:19 AM
We all buzzed off the movie and RDA was'nt in that,and am sure we will all buzz on Atlantis,RDA will only be in the first or second one of that,and Atlantis looks pretty good. Kel shek all, kree Apep

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Apepi is correct. The movie originally had Kurt Russel. Atantis doesn't ahve RDA and it seems to be quite promising

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:53 AM
But i think people who started watching SG because of RDA, didn't watch the original movie first, but i still think Atlantis will be good:)

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:55 AM
People did start watching because of RDA and people will stop watching because of this. It doesn't mean the show is going to be bad without him

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 11:08 AM
S7/S6 wasn't bad, the episodes with him either gone, or absent alot wasn't bad at all, but i think those RDA fans won't stop the show because he may leave, but thats just my guess.

Wass
June 19th, 2004, 12:58 PM
I’ve was on Satrgate Solution website, they had an article from cult time where Robert Copper talks about season 8, notting I haven't read before except one littlie bit.

“and I guess the big thing that Daniel is going to do is to have a bit of a showdown with Anubis [David Palffy] towards the end of the season.”

Does this mean an episode about the time Daniel was ascended.

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Lets hope :)

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 02:11 PM
This would be awesome to see what Daniel had planned

PYRO
June 19th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I got the answer:
SPOILERS!!

Nah i'm just kidding, I don't know, probelly kill em off. :D

MartoufMarty
June 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM
well... no one take offense to this...

pete will break sam's heart or something, they will all be in great doom, sam: "Oh jack, i love you", kiss, kiss, hump, hump, daniel goes nuts, teal'c says indeed, whole planet is esploded.

the end.

that is... if they don't have a season nine. i hope they leave out all the sam/jack crap.

esplosion! esplosions!

bcmilco
June 19th, 2004, 04:21 PM
pete will break sam's heart or something,

nah, my guess is that Sam will endup breaking Pete's heart. ;)

MartoufMarty
June 19th, 2004, 06:05 PM
nah, my guess is that Sam will endup breaking Pete's heart. ;)
hahaha or sam will end up breaking his skull.

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 08:48 PM
*Shock* What if Pete breaks her heart?!?

Jafana
June 19th, 2004, 11:54 PM
nope. i want pete to go down in a blaze of glory.
i mean, of all of her boyfriends, he's probably my favorite besides Martouf. So he really deserves to do something cool.
and for a small part, the best way to end is to do the whole hero death thing.

so i guess in that way he could break her heart?

bcmilco
June 20th, 2004, 12:02 AM
nope. i want pete to go down in a blaze of glory.
i mean, of all of her boyfriends, he's probably my favorite besides Martouf. So he really deserves to do something cool.
and for a small part, the best way to end is to do the whole hero death thing.

so i guess in that way he could break her heart?

Please no! The whole point of Pete was to break the "Black Widow Curse" that TPTB think she has, which is a totaly misguided notition to begin with. So let him stay alive just so we don't have to have another "New Romance Of The Week" if for no other reason.

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Killing Pete, breaking hearts sounds a bit stupid really, perhaps that idea should be left . . . for now

Elwe Singollo
June 20th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Doesn't sound stupid to some people, although i wouldn't care if it did.

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 12:40 AM
I agree, I don't really care about Pete

Beckmen
June 20th, 2004, 04:39 AM
For the ending of Season 9...

If it's the last season: SG-1 saves Earth one last time, the Stargate program becomes public knowledge (thus changing the shape of the world, really), Teal'c becomes the leader of the Jaffa rebels and farewells Earth, O'Neill retires and he and Carter start a real relationship.

If it's NOT the last season: A REAL cliffhanger for old-time's sake! To Be Continued. I actually think the show could be fine without RDA. The first 5 seasons, and to some extent the 6th were all great with him, but the show has started to REALLY suffer with his part-time BS. He's the best charecter, but the show and it's charecters are still great and could go on without him. Not sure how to write him off, but it should be a way so he can come back later one. Maybe ascend him...hahaha

Beckmen
June 20th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Oh, and if the S8 finale will be the last episode ever (other than movies), they should make it a 3-part episode. A nice, 124-minute (without commercials, credits or "previously on" things) epic episode...preferabally with a larger budget to really show off everything.

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 04:43 AM
I think you could be right. I've always raved on about ascending O'Neill because he is special. He has had the Ancient tech downloaded twice and he has done some pretty decent things

Crazedwraith
June 20th, 2004, 05:19 AM
If last season: They all have a nice fishing trip.
If not last season: Cliffhanger: they go fishing only to for teal'c to catach a replicator. Dun-dun-duuuuhh! TBC

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Or . . . SG-1 goes fishing just after destroying all replicators in the galaxy knowing there will be no more to worry about, Teal'c gets a BIG fish only to find a replicator nest! lol

David85
June 20th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Fishing trip with no bugs at all.

shockwave
June 20th, 2004, 11:42 AM
if season 8 is the last season:

Shot of Jack inviting SG-1 for fishing, them agreeing
Shot of Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c at Jack's cabin, Jack and Daniel are fishing, Daniel catches a fish, shot of Jack's reaction
Shot of President Hayes giving some speech that announces the existence of the stargate
Shots of differents planets being liberated from the Goa'uld. (another star wars homage :p)
shot of Carter receiving a nobel prize for science...
Shot to daniel lecturing, but this time people are arriving instead of leaving. In VIP room you see Hammond, Hayes, Jacob, Bratac, Davis, chevron guy, Catherine, Maynard, Woolsey, Colson, Vidrine, Sarah, ...
Shot of Teal'c (accompagned by Bratac) leaving through the stargate back to Chulak, but first looking back at the people in the control room before stepping into the gate
Shot of Jack watching to the stars
End credits

else a cliffhanger for Season 9

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 12:52 PM
They're some good ideas ShockWave

David85
June 20th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I'm hoping they don't make the Stargate public, it won't be as real anymore.

col sg1
June 20th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I Think Anubis Will Be Back After Reading Cult Times Interview With Robert C Cooper And Andy Mikita . It Says That Daniel Is Going To Have A Showdown With Anubis Towards The End Of Season 8

Beckmen
June 20th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Wow, Every Word In That Post Began With A Caps...:p

bcmilco
June 20th, 2004, 06:59 PM
I'm hoping they don't make the Stargate public, it won't be as real anymore.

I agree, I don't want it to go public, but technically it's already in an AU what with the elections having happened already and all. ;)

Madeleine
June 20th, 2004, 07:20 PM
I Think Anubis Will Be Back After Reading Cult Times Interview With Robert C Cooper And Andy Mikita . It Says That Daniel Is Going To Have A Showdown With Anubis Towards The End Of Season 8

What makes you imagine that Anubis reads Cult Times?

:p

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah! lol But I think maybe what you are referring to is the episode that may deal with Daniel's ascension

Beckmen
June 21st, 2004, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I really like how the Stargate is secret, becuase it's sort of like the show takes place in the real world. However, having Devane as the president sort of brought the realism out. I think the whole world finding out about the Stargate would make a great defining moment to end the series on. It would be a whole new era. Plus, like I said have Jack retire or something, Teal'c finally rejoin the Jaffa as he always talks about. SG-1 is disbanded, but thei charecters all continue their own arcs. This makes a nice finale that will actually FEEL like the final episode (unlike all the other "series finales" they have done before the show got renewed), but they can still continue the adventures in movies, mini-series, guest spots on Atlantis, ect.

Anubis
June 21st, 2004, 06:46 AM
Keeping the Stargates existance secret is the correct option. But there is the case of those people finding out about it, which will cause problems to rise

Elwe Singollo
June 21st, 2004, 09:27 AM
Of course telling the people of the world the existance of the stargate and the goa'uld and all the other stuff would make problems arise. I would be scared that they're super evil dangerous aliens out there somewhere, its like independance day, except the people in that movie had to learn it the hard way.

Anubis
June 21st, 2004, 09:59 AM
Yeah, i'd be pretty scared

Elwe Singollo
June 21st, 2004, 11:16 AM
Oh, and if the S8 finale will be the last episode ever (other than movies), they should make it a 3-part episode. A nice, 124-minute (without commercials, credits or "previously on" things) epic episode...preferabally with a larger budget to really show off everything.I wouldn't mind not seeing commercials and 'previously on' things, but i would want to see the opening credits at the beginning of the 'three parts' with new clips in it.

Bakjuh
June 22nd, 2004, 06:25 PM
Well, if Season 8 is the last season, i still kinda hope they will end it in a cliffhanger.

If they would start doing SG-1 movies they could have a nice starting point pretty much. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
Yah, that'd be nice :)

Anubis
June 22nd, 2004, 11:13 PM
That would be a good idea. But what about the people that haven't watched Stargate? They would have no clue what it was about

Elwe Singollo
June 23rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
In a possible movie that would be continuing on a cliffhanger, they could easily slip in what happened in the finale, and then continue on with the story in them movie, like... someone saying, "remember what happened?!?" and a little flashback would show, not too long of course :), but yah, thats an idea for new viewers who hasn't watched the series and went to watch the possible movie.

Chirp
June 29th, 2004, 03:41 AM
If anyone remembers there is 22 episodes every year, this year they are doing only 20. Leaving a posable for the conclution of SG-1 or a move. What I have been hearing is they are posable thinking of a move down the road. In order to do that they have to have something to carrie over to hold an interest. Yes they did start the show with a move, and yes they would, I would think have Jack(RDA) in it. They as in the, writers, directors, producers, and the same actors, would have to agree in what they are going to agree on. Star Trek has been on sense 1968. Yes there are new actors new adventures at different years. Will Stargate have to go down that road too? Will they have to bring in Jacks clone to start a new move? Would the fans axcepte the cloned Jack as a subsatued. This is some of the question that have to be ansured, and then more that I haven't even thought of. Before the show is shelved or put to bed. :eek:

Tickedoff
June 30th, 2004, 08:21 AM
How will season eight end??? The idiots will probably kill off another superb character!! Or even in all their stupidity kill tham all off!!!

Who will be next!?!???

Anubis
June 30th, 2004, 08:24 AM
I don't think they'll kill anyone else. Or at least I hope so

AbydosTraveller
June 30th, 2004, 08:29 AM
They'll do it like Farscape... Sam and Jack sitting on a boat on some nice planet after killing off the Goa'uld and the Reps. They say something like, 'screw it, let's love each other', and then get shot by some unnoticed flying thing of unknown origin. Notice the little crystals on the boat. Leave it, "To Be Continued", and plan not to have a s9.

Then, after a few years of fans complaining, they might make a miniseries.

iluuuuuvjack
June 30th, 2004, 10:36 AM
They'll do it like Farscape... Sam and Jack sitting on a boat on some nice planet after killing off the Goa'uld and the Reps. They say something like, 'screw it, let's love each other', and then get shot by some unnoticed flying thing of unknown origin. Notice the little crystals on the boat. Leave it, "To Be Continued", and plan not to have a s9.

Then, after a few years of fans complaining, they might make a miniseries.

:eek: OMG if they did that then I'd be sooooo annoyed! I mean i was annoyed enough as it was when Farscape ended like that, and i wasnt a big fan, but if they did that with the end of Stargate i would be soooo angry :mad: !!!

But i heard that they're not going to totally end it, just leave it open so that if they decide to have a S9 or a movie then it won't be too difficult to carry on. Maybe it'll be like the end of S6 where they had a huge episode, but not a major cliffhanger?