This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tollans?

After watching Between Two Fired (season 5, episode 9), I was very curious about the future of the Tollans.
    Appearently they were being attacked by the Goa'uld when they were last heard from, escaping their planet in space ships.

I thought this was a very cool race. Maybe they have a comeback with Narim at the healm?

I doubt that they are coming back. If they would have gave us some of their technology, we could have saved their ass. Obviosly we have better tactical skills.

Comment

I doubt they'll be back anytime soon. I think their story has been shelved indefinetely.

Comment

They'll be back in my eye's. There to advanced to kill off. Just because they're not smart enough to think that they can't be beaten, due to their arogance. I'm sure they are smart enough to run to the hills.

That's what we can do. We can take are new ship over their and kick the crap out of who ever is acting like their GOD. Then we can fly down to their planet and say, "Now can we get one of those Ion Cannons"
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by appel
          After watching Between Two Fired (season 5, episode 9), I was very curious about the future of the Tollans.
          Appearently they were being attacked by the Goa'uld when they were last heard from, escaping their planet in space ships.

I thought this was a very cool race. Maybe they have a comeback with Narim at the healm?
          The TPTB have said the Tollan are done for. The last we saw them, they were being eradicated, attempting and failing miserably to escape in ships. Until the TPTB decide otherwise, there aren't any Tollans to return. Fortunately for Tollan fans, they did leave it open enough for a comeback to be written if they so desire.
          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
            The TPTB have said the Tollan are done for. The last we saw them, they were being eradicated, attempting and failing miserably to escape in ships. Until the TPTB decide otherwise, there aren't any Tollans to return. Fortunately for Tollan fans, they did leave it open enough for a comeback to be written if they so desire.
            I am not so sure of that.
            We know they could pass through solid matter so what is to say that some of the did not escape and are hiding out deep within the planet ?
            They also had the Nox as their ally and for all we know the Nox aided them and tricked the Goa'uld and earth into thinking they had been destroyed when in fact they just hid as they did not want earth or the Goa'uld bothering them any more as we are considered primitive as are the Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by cstantech
              I am not so sure of that.
              We know they could pass through solid matter so what is to say that some of the did not escape and are hiding out deep within the planet ?
              They also had the Nox as their ally and for all we know the Nox aided them and tricked the Goa'uld and earth into thinking they had been destroyed when in fact they just hid as they did not want earth or the Goa'uld bothering them any more as we are considered primitive as are the Goa'uld.
              TPTB (the people who decide what happens on the show) have said the Tollan are gone. This means in the land of Canon:
              1. The Tollan are currently no more.
              2. The TPTB can change their minds and write the Tollan back into existence.

No matter how many ideas we have about how they could have survived, until we see some on the show, they aren't around.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

They dead

Comment

er.. I'd have to agree. Pretty much seems to me that there's no chance of any Tollans showing up, unless they happened to not be on Tollana during the attack.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

OK OK OK.

They are not all dead. Everyone on that planet has a devise on their shoulder to run through walls. I am pretty sure they are also smart enough to hide during an onslaught.

They will be back when the writers see fit. If they ever do.

I still think we should take are new ship and go their and free them ourselfs.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                      TPTB (the people who decide what happens on the show) have said the Tollan are gone. This means in the land of Canon:
                      1. The Tollan are currently no more.
                      2. The TPTB can change their minds and write the Tollan back into existence.

No matter how many ideas we have about how they could have survived, until we see some on the show, they aren't around.
                      Where was this posted? You obviously must have proof of this statement. I would like to see the interview where they state the Tollan will NOT return. Not that I am doubting you, because I dont get a chance to read every bit of news. From what I got from "Between two Fires", I got the impression hat there was a single Ha'tak in orbit. It is doubtful a single vessle could destroy every single ship attempting to escape. Someone had to have gotten away. I would like to see the Tollan return for numorous reasons, their culture, technology (ofcoarse), and I thought Narim was a great character. Also their smug arrogance was a bit offensive, and it would be nice to see them beggin for help from a "primative" species.

Comment

Originally posted by Jag
                        Where was this posted? You obviously must have proof of this statement. I would like to see the interview where they state the Tollan will NOT return. Not that I am doubting you, because I dont get a chance to read every bit of news. From what I got from "Between two Fires", I got the impression hat there was a single Ha'tak in orbit. It is doubtful a single vessle could destroy every single ship attempting to escape. Someone had to have gotten away. I would like to see the Tollan return for numorous reasons, their culture, technology (ofcoarse), and I thought Narim was a great character. Also their smug arrogance was a bit offensive, and it would be nice to see them beggin for help from a "primative" species.
                        IIRC, it was one of those general spoilers that Gateworld listed for an earlier season (like 6 or 7). Unfortunately, the spoiler info on Gateworld gets replaced as the season ends. I'll throw the question at JM though. He'd know if they have any plans to bring the Tollan back.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Even if one of the producers says they are dead keep in mind nothing is set in stone unless they do an episode that deals with the SGC visiting the Tollans world to see what happened or getting some intelligence saying that the Tollan are all dead.

Comment

Originally posted by cstantech
                            Even if one of the producers says they are dead keep in mind nothing is set in stone unless they do an episode that deals with the SGC visiting the Tollans world to see what happened or getting some intelligence saying that the Tollan are all dead.
                            I agree that as of now, everyone has said they are dead. But, of course, TPTB could be "mistaken".....and could decide to "correct" their "mistake" with a new script. I'm not saying they will. I'm just saying that where fiction is concerned, nothing is impossible.

Comment

If the writer want us to think they are all dead, then may be they are all gone.But it is just as easy to bring them back as thinking that they are all gone.

The stargate was destory on the Tollan homework, probably shortly after SG1 left the planet.But the short period between SG1 use the gate and Gate's destruction.I think a few people may had left the planet by Stargate.

And what about prisoner of War, Anubis wanted the Tollan phase-shifting bomb, it would be logical to kept a few of them alive for host and Tollan Technologies.The Goa'uld steal technologies from every advance race they conquer, i doubt they just kill every one give up on the Tollan technologies .

Ships , we were told their ship were shot down , the Goa'uld only use one or two mother ship for the attack, May be one or two ship escape, we never know.All they need to do was to get into space and enter hyper space.
                              When Anubis fleet's were surrounding Earth(Lost City pt2),it was 20 to 30 mother ship.Even SG1's cargo ship were able to get pass Anubis 's fleet ,and went straight to Antractica.

The Tollan high council can not be stupid enough to trust the Goa'uld 100%, they could secret send a few of their best and brightest scientist off the planet in case the Goa'uld attack after they receive the Tollan weapon.

In episode" a hundred days" Sam said the Tollan ship can reach Jack in about a year.Tollan may not have the fastest hyperdrive, but they do have long rang space ship on deep space mission.So i don't think every singal one of their space ship were on the planet when they got attack.

All you need is one surviving Tollan to start the Tollan civilization all over again.
                              we can't assume every signal Tollan were on the planet when they gone wipe out.They may have some sort of outpost , like Tollan's Alpha site.

Comment

Working...
                              X