This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapping/Luttrell Article in National Enquirer

There I was in the check out line at that super market reading the tabloids while I waited my turn and lo and behold I find an article on Amanda Tapping and Rachael Luttrell in The National Enquirer.

Below are just the Tapping/Luttrell parts of the article as it also includes Katee Sackoff

Page 61 of their July 11th issue in the TV and Soaps section

"It's Ladies' Night on The Scifi Channel"
    By Len Feldman

Saving the universe every week, today's sci-fi women are a far cry from the space bimbos of yesteryear,and it was Amanda Tapping who helped pave the way with her character of U.S. Airforce Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter, PhD on Stargate: SG-1. The hit space opera returns for its ninth season Friday July 15th on the Scifi Channel, along with the second season of Stargate: Atlantis.

"She is not a sexpot," says Tapping of her rocket scientist alter-ego, "she's a real, hard working, smart, saavy and fallable human being."

Ditto for Teyla (Rachel Luttrell) the beautiful tribal leader from another galaxy on Stargate: Atlantis. "Teyla has a head on her shoulders and she is not afraid to use it," says Luttrell. "She also knows how to land a great knock-out punch."

"snipped content about Katee Sackoff"

What's ahead for our intrepid space heroines this season?

"Lt. Colonel Carter is more focused on work," says Tapping, whose character last season was torn between her boyfriend and he commanding officer.

Meanwhile Luttrell promises that the romantic tension between Teyla and Earth Commander John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) will evolve into "some off-duty physical contact."
    ______
    Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Originally posted by GateAngel
    There I was in the check out line at that super market reading the tabloids while I waited my turn and lo and behold I find an article on Amanda Tapping and Rachael Luttrell in The National Enquirer.
    .... Well.

You know you've arrived when you make it into the tabloids....

At least AT and RL aren't addicted to smoking dried bananas or having affairs with actual aliens, or any of the usual Enquirer wierdness.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

why does teyla get to be with veteran amanda tapping when teyla has only had 1 year expeirence?

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
        why does teyla get to be with veteran amanda tapping when teyla has only had 1 year expeirence?
        Give me a break. For actresses, veteran probably means a career in decline... and Tapping is pretty long in the tooth by Hollywood standards. I'm not saying it is right, but it is the truth of the town.

FYI: I'm not even a Teyla fan.

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        At least AT and RL aren't addicted to smoking dried bananas or having affairs with actual aliens, or any of the usual Enquirer wierdness.
        Wasn't that Bill the Cat smoking dried banana peels on the roof of the State Deparment with Tipper Gore and Jeane Kirkpatrick?

Bill always got all the hot babes.
        Last edited by Darth Buddha; 02 July 2005, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
          Give me a break. For actresses, veteran probably means a career in decline... and Tapping is pretty long in the tooth by Hollywood standards. I'm not saying it is right, but it is the truth of the town.

i dont know about that, vetran doesnt neccasarily mean a career in decline, i think it means that its someone that has been in the business a while and has had a lot of experience, but not necassarily on the decline. i wouldnt say AT's career is on the decline, she has been co-star of a hit show for 9 seasons, regardless of your views on the show its self anymore after nine seasons, you have to at least respect the fact that 95% of people that set out to be actors or actresses dont even get on a show, let alone 9 seasons, so her career is doing pretty good.

Wasn't that Bill the Cat smoking dried banana peels on the roof of the State Deparment with Tipper Gore and Jeane Kirkpatrick?

and batboy brought the booze!

Comment

I gotta agree that veteran only means non-rookie.

Ya Gotta love Bill!!!
            The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Um, one little question. Since when is 39 "long in the tooth", especially when one looks like Amanda Tapping? Try looking at her pics on the Wicked Grins website.

DB, I'm very upset you would make a remark like that. Truly....I know you above that kind of thing. Well, aren't you?????

And do you say the same about male actors? Is Hugh Grant long in the tooth at 45? Pierce Brosnan at 52? Just asking, cause I'm a tad tired of sexism, in the TV/Film industry and elsewhere. It's the 21 century and it's still alive and well.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                Um, one little question. Since when is 39 "long in the tooth", especially when one looks like Amanda Tapping? Try looking at her pics on the Wicked Grins website.

DB, I'm very upset you would make a remark like that. Truly....I know you above that kind of thing. Well, aren't you?????

And do you say the same about male actors? Is Hugh Grant long in the tooth at 45? Pierce Brosnan at 52? Just asking, cause I'm a tad tired of sexism, in the TV/Film industry and elsewhere. It's the 21 century and it's still alive and well.
                I'm the last one to defend insensitive remarks, (and long in the tooth is a pretty negative phrase--if humorous) but I think DB was commenting on *Hollywood standards,* which seem to write women off by age 35. I agree it is a total double standard, though.
                I'm just glad to see AT get some coverage--but amazed it was in the NE of all things. As someone said, I guess they've really "made it" now.
                Last edited by jckfan55; 04 July 2005, 02:20 PM. Reason: fix abbrev.

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel

"She is not a sexpot," says Tapping of her rocket scientist alter-ego, "she's a real, hard working, smart, saavy and fallable human being."

"Lt. Colonel Carter is more focused on work," says Tapping, whose character last season was torn between her boyfriend and he commanding officer.

Meanwhile Luttrell promises that the romantic tension between Teyla and Earth Commander John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) will evolve into "some off-duty physical contact."
                  I guess this article shows the differences between a well written/developed character (Carter) and, uh. . . .Teyla.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It's hard to believe that NE was so kind. Usually they find dirt where there isn't any, or if they can't find any they make it up. Amanda is such a classy lady(don't know much about Rachael), and she has been able up to this point to remain under the slease press radar. Good for her, I say! As for DB's comment, I think it's one of those open mouth insert foot statements. Maybe someone will throw him a life preserver, ya think?

Comment

Originally posted by starellen1
                      It's hard to believe that NE was so kind. Usually they find dirt where there isn't any, or if they can't find any they make it up. Amanda is such a classy lady(don't know much about Rachael), and she has been able up to this point to remain under the slease press radar.
                      Truthfully, as much of a fan I am, if they found any dirt (which I highly doubt they could find on AT at least) not many people would care because they aren't too well known. They only go for the really "big names."
                      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                      X