• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who and How did people Build Atlantis

My Question is Who and how build atlantis,
    was it attached to land then sperated
    was piece send through the stargate
    ect

the city rose from the surface of earth and travel through hyperspace to the pegasus galaxy ( rising), it was constructed on earth, it is made of superconductive materials, probebly trinium or steel/titanium.
    It was contrutcted in a ship yard i geuss, or was a city and the just converted in to a ship over time......in to the atlantis we know, by adding engines and making it space proof.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

not on earth antartica was still icy it seems, maybe not but poclarush teonas may have hosted atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
        not on earth antartica was still icy it seems, maybe not but poclarush teonas may have hosted atlantis.
        Lots of places probably hosted Atlantis. Earth was just the most recent in the Milky Way.

In Before I Sleep Weir had addresses to 5 "outposts" that supposedly each had a ZPM. Taonas was very much like the Antarctic Outpost (which was left behind by Atlantis) and each had a single ZPM. I'm guessing that Atlantis was probably on the move alot while they seeded planets with life. After they got a few dozen worlds going, they probably slowed down and bid their time. Once humans got going on those few dozen worlds, they'd advance over time and figure out how the gate works, thus allowing them to spread out across the galaxy.

It would seem the whole purpose of Atlantis was to spread life through the universe. Kinda makes sense with the ancients just having gone through a plague; once you've finished spending a few million years repopulating a galaxy with life, you get pretty good at it. Might as well stick with a good thing.

Spoiler:
        With the revelation that the ancients aren't originally from the Milky Way, and that they're somehow related to the Ori, the Asgard, the Nox, and the Furling, I'd say they've been busy.
        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

may be it came out of the GRand Canyon
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I think that they made Alantis on Earth. Back then Antarctica wasn't frozen. Then flew it to PG. From there they took ships and flew to other worlds and created life and planted stargates. Using Atlantis as homebase. In are galaxy Earth is homebase with allot of outposts. All an outpost is, is a weapons plat form that protects the planet.
            Last edited by LORD MONK; 03 July 2005, 10:38 PM.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

We know that Antartica wasn't frozen for the fact that they just walked through the gate in their normal clothes to the outpost where the stargate was at. If it were frozen, that then forces the question why were they normally clothed, how was it heated, and how did they meld with the current population if isolated by a vast artic tundra.

I think it was built in the PG, there are far more ZPMs and far more evidence of ancient culture there. We now know of multiple outposts in the PG, and will find many more evidence of their culture, technology, and influence. I do not believe the city was ever on earth, "the rumor" of the city lost to the sea, is in SG:A in PG so that story obviously came from the ancients that slowly melded with the humans on earth. They passed their story down from generation to generation hoping that one day they would return to atlantis and free the galaxy of the wraith.

This is all just my take on it, feel free to pick it apart ..

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                With the revelation that the ancients aren't originally from the Milky Way, and that they're somehow related to the Ori, the Asgard, the Nox, and the Furling, I'd say they've been busy.
                Actually, in Full Circle it says that the Ancients are just highly evolved humans, so they evolved on Earth. They couldn't be related to the Asgard because they started in different galaxies. As for the rest, we know the Ori are Ancient, but I really doubt that they are related to the other members of the Great Alliance.

Comment

Um, in the first episode of Stargate Atlantis, the first scene is set on Earth, in Antarctica, showing Atlantis Several Million Years Ago. I think it says "Antarctica - Several Million Years Ago" when the Puddle Jumper is flying towards Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Eddy
                    Actually, in Full Circle it says that the Ancients are just highly evolved humans, so they evolved on Earth. They couldn't be related to the Asgard because they started in different galaxies. As for the rest, we know the Ori are Ancient, but I really doubt that they are related to the other members of the Great Alliance.
                    Just being evolved humans doesn't mean they're from Earth. Also, the Ori are not Ancients, just an ascended race. They could be ascended Re'tu for all we know.

Actually... (Big Honkin' Spoilers for Main Theme of S9 SG-1)
                    Spoiler:
                    The TPTB have given major hints that the Ancients didn't start in our galaxy. I've heard nothing of any relations to the other Alliance members outside the Alliance.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by slammed
                      This is all just my take on it, feel free to pick it apart ..
                      If you insist

Before Atlantis got to PG (Pegasus Galaxy) it was empty, the city was basically a colony ship carrying the few ancients who survived the plague to a new empty region of space where they could rebuild their civilisation.

The reason that there are more signs of ancient civilisation in Pegasus is because they had 3-5 million years of relative peace before the Wraith
                      sigpic

Comment

Possible Major Spoiler... Regarding the origin of the Ancients...

Spoiler:

The Ancients it seems from what as been mentioned from a number of S9 episodes are related to the worshippers of the Orii, my guess which I believe is a good one is that the Ancients were once worshippers of the Orii who decided to flee to the Milkyway and start a new civilization. Or possible were sent to the Milkyway as Priors to convert the local populations but instead decided to settle down and start a new way of life.

I think this lends itself well to the obviously superior aggrogance of the Ancients towards lesser beings. They tend to look down to much at beings who aren't as "enlighted" as them. This maybe a trait from their early Orii days. Also it might also explain why the plague began in the MW.

The Orii discovered the Ancients and decided to punish them for turning away from their path. This also might explain why the Ancients decided to start researching Ascension, they were trying to show the Orii that they were still on the path to enlightment just in a different way. Plus it woulld allow them to square up against the Orii evenly, afterall how do you oppose an ascended being as a mortal, you can't, simple as.

Comment

I wonder how long it took the ancients to build atlantis, and how old it actually is?

Comment

Atlantis is at least several million years old (subtitle in rising shows the city on earth as several million years ago); as to how long it took to build, there are 2 theorys:
                            A. it was built by a space station type platform and took a reletivly short ammount of time, between 20-50 years.
                            or
                            B. the city was made over several centuries and devloped slowly and then was fitted/converted in to a ship and taken to the PG.

Immhotep
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Did any one actually hear that Atlantis was built on Earth? If you did I woulod like to know what episode. But I think it was anyway. And I think it was built at once and not a city then built into a space ship. And about the seeding of the galaxy, you guys have great ideas but I believe we don,t have enough information to pass the ultamite judgement.

Comment

Working...
                              X