This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA- Transcription of Torri Higginson DVD Interview from MGM UK

Transcription of the Torri Higginson Interview from the MGM UK Stargate SG-1 DVD site. This interview was part of the MGM UK site exclusive downloads area, for those fans who have bought the Region 2 DVDs. I don't know if this interview will be on a Season One SGA DVDs or not. We'll have to wait and hear from Region 2 DVD Season One purchasers.

Running time for this interview was 3:03. All typos are courtesy of the typist.

TORRI HIGGINSON…ON CHARACTER DR. ELIZABETH WEIR

"My character, Dr. Elizabeth Weir, she is an interesting choice for a leader of this team because she's not military and she's not a scientist. She comes from human relations and from sort of political science. So she is a duck out of water hugely. Her learning curve has been insane. She used to be a big critic of the government spending on the military, and now she's making some very military decisions, and she makes choices that five months ago she would have sworn in blood she never would have made. And I think that shell shocking her a little bit…it's an interesting balance of…she's creating a strength from it, but at the same time there is a…also, going back to not being on Earth, she has no one to go to just sort of expound her experiences with, she can't share with her team, because she has to be a leader."

TORRI HIGGINSON…ON HOW THE SUCCESS OF STARGATE ATLANTIS OWES A DEBT TO SG1

"Well, I think that the only reason that this has happened is because of Stargate. I don't they would have ever…for any show to start off on its own…you know, television is so inundated with so many channels and so many programs, so to start a new show with such a backbone to it -- just was the biggest gift in the world, and allowed for a lot of…just sort of like a soft cushioning to fall (laughs) -- if we fell. And I think that, mixed with obviously Brad and Robert and John, who have been doing this for eight years, so they're also able to start at a level a little bit different from when they started their learning curve. They're at a different level in their career, so their learning curve is at a different point, so that allowed us to start with maybe a bit more strength, and also a bit more money. I'm sure the budget for Atlantis was a lot stronger than the first year of SG1. And especially in SciFi stuff, money is everything -- all the special effects, and how honestly and how excitingly you can do that. So I would think those would be the reasons."

TORRI HIGGINSON…ON WHAT IS IN STORE FOR SEASON 2

"The episode…our cliffhanger is allowing us to have contact with Earth again. And we have a huge influx of humans that show up from Earth to save us from the evil Wraith. And the very act of that happening is going to open a lot more opportunities of new characters, new conflicts, new alliances with different characters. Also, I mean -- we keep asking if there will be any sort of a crossover between SG1, and I hope so. I mean I had the great gift of working on the first two episodes of this season on SG1 and it was such a joy to work with those actors. So much fun. So I think it would be lovely if there could be a little bit of that. I know that there is sort of technical reasons why it is very difficult and also I think that Robert and Brad are working on creating Atlantis to stand on its own feet, so they may not want to fall into that too much, but I think, for myself, I get excited about that idea, of what that could lead to."

Transcribed by Morjana.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X