PDA

View Full Version : Sara or Sam for Jack

ABYDOSCITY2
June 17th, 2004, 02:21 AM
I think that Sara is the perfect women for Jack. She is a civilian, they were happy together one, and she understands. At times it seems he is still in love with Sara. Of course they would have to restart thier relationship.

Sam is his junior officer, IMHO does not understand him emoptionally or the warriorcode he lives by. They make great friends.

What do you think?

Nolamom
June 17th, 2004, 03:25 AM
I think that when it's over between two people, it's over. Jack and Sara had something good once upon a time. That time is over. They've both moved on with their lives, and their lives are not the same any longer (not just the absence of Charlie/Tyler). This isn't to say that they can't be friends. I absolutely do not see any "romantic" relationship rekindling between them.

As for Sam - why can't they continue to be friends and co-workers? Is there some law that says two mature adults of the opposite sex HAVE to become lovers? I think Sam understands Jack and how the whole Stargate program has shaped him over the years better than Sara possibly could. But that doesn't mean that they have to have a romantic relationship.
JMHO,
Nmom

Jaffa King
June 17th, 2004, 03:29 AM
If a couple brakes up and gets back together again, its a sign they they are ment to be together

ShadowMaat
June 17th, 2004, 03:46 AM
I've always been a bit of a Sara/Jack shipper. I'd definitely pick her over Sam as a match for Jack. At least you know that they'll "work" as a couple. ;) If Sara hadn't been written in merely as a plot point so they could get rid of her... I think it could have been interesting. She could have been a great "outside" character and it might have given Jack a chance to show some real emotional angst which he unfortunatley doesn't show often because he's supposed to be the Tough Guy Hero who's above all those petty displays of emotion. Sara could have been our insight into Jack. Instead, TPTB chose to use and discard her and then pretend she didn't exist. Hmm... sounds kinda familiar, actually. Maybe I should have picked up the warning signs sooner. ;)

Nolamom
June 17th, 2004, 05:16 AM
If a couple brakes up and gets back together again, its a sign they they are ment to be together

Or not. My mother-in-law married the same guy three different times. Doesn't mean that they were *meant* to be together. Just means that they both were too blind to see that when something doesn't work, all the wishing in the world isn't going to make it work.

Jprime
June 17th, 2004, 05:19 AM
I think that when it's over between two people, it's over. Jack and Sara had something good once upon a time. That time is over. They've both moved on with their lives, and their lives are not the same any longer (not just the absence of Charlie/Tyler). This isn't to say that they can't be friends. I absolutely do not see any "romantic" relationship rekindling between them.

As for Sam - why can't they continue to be friends and co-workers? Is there some law that says two mature adults of the opposite sex HAVE to become lovers? I think Sam understands Jack and how the whole Stargate program has shaped him over the years better than Sara possibly could. But that doesn't mean that they have to have a romantic relationship.
JMHO,
Nmom

Actually Nolomom, there is a law against it (well, not exactly a law). Its called Military regulations.

Jprime
June 17th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Oh crud sorry I mis-read. please disregard that last post.

Seven
June 17th, 2004, 06:15 AM
I've always been a bit of a Sara/Jack shipper. I'd definitely pick her over Sam as a match for Jack.

From what I have seen the death of Charlie would have always stood between them. Repairing, even if it were possible, would not be easy for the amount of time Jack spends away not to mention the fact that he couldn't tell Sara anything about where he goes and what he does.

Sam is his female counter part in terms of toughness and understanding of his work not to mention the extrodinary amount of time they have to spend together makes the pairing a good one I think. They both know loss and the demands of their career and maybe they are content to wait until things finally change before getting involved and/or they are both personally ready?

keshou
June 17th, 2004, 06:42 AM
I guess I'm kind of with Nolamom. I think it's very difficult for a couple who's broken up, especially with the traumatic loss of a child, to get back together and make it work. Such a loss either seems to bond you more tightly together or ends in a very painful split. I am glad that Jack and Sara seem to have found some peace now and I don't really think there's going to be a reunion there.

I have seen some couples divorce for other reasons and then get remarried and make it work. My cousin did and this time it seems to be working. (Of course I thought the husband was a jerk when she married him the first time and is still a jerk, but if she's happy that's all that matters)

As for Sam and Jack, I have reservations about them as a couple (that's why I'm not a shipper) but if there are strong feelings there then I'm sure they'll get a chance to see if they have more in common than being on SG-1. After the end of the show, hopefully. ;)

tara3583
June 17th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I think Jack has moved on From Sara although
i think he holds a special place in his heart
for her as she and Jack did have Charlie.

The "sparks" flew between Jack and Sam right
from the very first time they met and has
grown from then ad since nither one of them
can act on this "Somthing" that is there
makes it even more imho exciting to watch,
just wish they would talk to each other though
as Pete is now on the scene.

ShadowMaat
June 17th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Sam is his female counter part in terms of toughness and understanding of his work not to mention the extrodinary amount of time they have to spend together makes the pairing a good one I think. They both know loss and the demands of their career and maybe they are content to wait until things finally change before getting involved and/or they are both personally ready?
That's your opinion. I have never seen them as having ANYTHING in common beyond work and I do not feel that work is enough "common ground" for any sort of romantic relationship. I think the two of them have all the sexual chemistry of a couple of rocks and no amount of explanation from fans who think they're a great couple and no amount of blatantly shippy scenes shoved down my throat by TPTB is going to make me see things any different.

They don't work for me as a couple and they never will.

Sara and Jack, on the other hand, at least made things work once. Other couples have survived personal tragedies such as theirs before. That doesn't mean that Sara and Jack could still have made things work, but the point is that I personally don't view the situation as being completely hopeless. Yes, I know TPTB only used her as a one-off, but even that brief encounter and the fact that "so much" stands in their way doesn't lessen my feeling that I, personally, speaking only for myself, feel that SHE would be infinitely better for Jack than Sam could ever hope to be.

That being said, I'd also pick a potted plant over Sam in terms of be better for Jack. Although maybe not in a shippy way. ;) If that's the case and if Sara is an utter impossibility, I say go for Laira. :P

Bagpuss
June 17th, 2004, 09:13 AM
The only "Ship" I want to see on SG-1 is "Friendship"! :D

Sorry everyone,but I actually think the whole "Ship" thing is a massively contentious issue for too many Posters.I blame the contention on hasty writing,editing,production and other pressures on the Show itself.
This leads to all kinds of questions,theories,and interpretations ....fun,but causes "Minefield" divisions in Fandom,IMO!

For those who want "Sara and Jack".IMO,too late!

For those who want "Sam and Jack",I can't see massive chemistry between them,other than deep friendship.This in no way implies that S/J Shippers are in any way deluded,stupid or in any way deserving of abuse or attack.Nor am I belittling the Anti-J/S Shippers.

For anyone favouring other "Shippy pairings",good luck. ;)

All opinions are equal! :D

It's all down to the Show PTB,etc as to what they offer...and it's up to each and every one of us, to decide for ourself, whether the result is acceptable.

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
Edit :I'm not changing the prev words,as that'd be pointless.That was then,and this is now.
Oy ! :o I must have been in a real grump that day.....the fact is,I've since "come out" as a mild to moderate Shipper myself ! :)
Deep friendship is good enough for me...and I have the marriage to prove it . ;)
I still respect everyone's feelings and opinions,though,and I just can't hate Pete.That'd be a step too far for me. :)

Skydiver
June 17th, 2004, 09:26 AM
i think there's just too much water under the bridge and massively hurt feelings for jack and sara to ever reconcile.

maybe if he'd have chilled out 8 years ago, or right after Cold Lazarus, then maybe. but now...both of them have moved on.

I do think they're friends and i even thing sara would, if not invite jack to the wedding, tell him that she's getting married, so there's no animosity between them, but i just don't see the hurts being healed enough for them to get back together.

Mr Prophet
June 17th, 2004, 09:30 AM
I agree with Shadow and Bagpuss; there was never any 'sparkage' of a romantic kind between Jack and Sam before they started shoehorning it in.

Moreover, even with the shoehorn, I couldn't feel happy with the characters I love deciding to make do with a relationship with someone who wouldn't give up the job for them. That's my real problem with pretty much _any_ relationship for Sam or Jack; the work will always be more important, because that's who they are.

Sam might one day find someone - probably a fellow military scientist she found she could work and live with - but I doubt it. Okay, she might get broody if circumstances forced her out of SG-1, a la 2010, but so long as the job is satisfying her and she's getting some from somewhere ever so often - hell, she's only human - my feeling is that she wouldn't be the marrying kind. Too many restrictions and expectations. In fact, the only time she acts like anything much is missing in that area is when the PTB randomly decide to do some 'character development' on her (for Sam, character development seems to mean moping about her love life).

Jack has that extra five years and a failed marriage behind him; I don't see him ever finding someone else, or at least not anyone who'd be any good for him. I see his focus being on his surrogate family: SG-1, Cassie and her friends, the incredible vanishing kid from The Light... He's got love and okay he too must feel the occasional need for a little <hem> basicness, but romance? Doesn't feel to me as though that that's what his life is lacking.

Major Clanger
June 17th, 2004, 10:57 AM
From what I have seen the death of Charlie would have always stood between them. Repairing, even if it were possible, would not be easy for the amount of time Jack spends away not to mention the fact that he couldn't tell Sara anything about where he goes and what he does.
I think the real relationship killer between Jack and Sara is the death of their son. Many many couples split up after that - they don't, howver, necessarily stop loving each other.

As for the 2nd part up there - I think you might be surprised at just how much the wives/husbands do know about what their other half does.

Mr Prophet
June 17th, 2004, 11:11 AM
As for the 2nd part up there - I think you might be surprised at just how much the wives/husbands do know about what their other half does.

But what impact would it have that they could never talk about it?

Torley
June 17th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Can't say I liked the character of Sara that much -- granted, she is hardly shown in contrast to Sam... but she doesn't really strike me as someone who I'd like to see rekindle the flame with O'Neill. I like that Jack and Sam are so different yet similar (i.e. their united bonding through SG-1 and the many adventures and no-doubt life-affirming situations they've been in over the years!). Not sure if anyone could really settle down though, unless Jack retired from active duty at last again, because as it's been implied numerous times on the show, this line of work tends to consume most of your life (life that Jack would have prolly spent with his wife and son were it not for Charlie's untimely death). *sigh*

Shipperahoy
June 17th, 2004, 12:45 PM
I like Sara and they definately had chemistry in Cold Lazarus but, to me, that was the "goodbye" episode. They talked through a lot of the things that had driven them apart and resolved a lot of it. If they were going to get back together that would have been the time. Seeing as how they didn't it seems to me like it's just not meant to be.

I like the thought of Sam and Jack together. Not right now and not while they're still in the military but at some point. I think that they compliment each other and I also think that they have some serious chemistry. I know many people don't but I really think they spark off each other.

Mr Prophet
June 17th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Actually, I have my doubts whether Jack and Sara would have stayed together even if Charlie had survived; it really depends how retired he was. In the movie he was essentially retired from the off, but series Jack is rather younger.

shelsfc
June 17th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I liked what we saw of Sara & Jack, they did seem nice together, but I agree with the people who said it would probably be too difficult for them to get over the loss of their son. We've already seen evidence of that in the show.

I am a shipper for Sam & Jack. I genuinely do think they're a great match, and I really want to see them end up together when the series finishes. Even though I think it's a pity Sara & Jack, as far as we know, don't really keep in contact, I'd still choose Sam for Jack every time.

MartoufMarty
June 17th, 2004, 05:38 PM
hm... Sara or Sam?

.... one simple word:

BA'AL!

Livi2Jack
June 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Previously, Jack could not discuss his work with Sara anyway. So that is not the obstacle. There had to be more at work than just the death of the child however horrible. In Cold Lazarus, Sara mentions that Jack avoids talking to her or opening up with his male military bravado in the way. So his inability to communicate was upsetting to her from before. Marriage is a complex arrangement. A death is frequently the end to continuing family conflicts since a resolution occurs in the splintering of the family.

From the pictures on the wall in his house, one can conclude that Jack is still beating himself up for his failure to protect his family since that is a primary motivation in his personality. It reminds him about what he loved and lost. That urge to protect is mentioned frequently in many episodes by other characters.

Bagpuss
June 17th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I like the thought of Sam and Jack together. Not right now and not while they're still in the military but at some point. I think that they compliment each other and I also think that they have some serious chemistry. I know many people don't but I really think they spark off each other.
You carry on having those positive thoughts,Shipperahoy ! :D
Just because I don't "see" any romantic chemistry between them,it doesn't mean that I don't want a happy ending too ! :D

(I just hope the PTB do it convincingly,and don't make the rest of the storylines secondary in the build-up.)

Seven
June 18th, 2004, 01:59 AM
That's your opinion. I have never seen them as having ANYTHING in common beyond work and I do not feel that work is enough "common ground" for any sort of romantic relationship.

Fair enough, as Bagpuss said all opionions are equal.

One thing that I thought of afterwards is that certain parts of theirs charaters might fit together well. Sam is the scientist and is very work orientated and can push herself way too far sometimes and Jack is the laid back guy who can remind her to let go and relax. They could counter balance each other well maybe?

Madeleine
June 18th, 2004, 05:13 AM
Jack and Sara? Nice couple. But no Jack and Sara on the show please, just in the occasional fanfic.

Jack and Sam? I've said my piece on that enough times. There are some nice fanfics with that pairing though.
:)

Crazedwraith
June 18th, 2004, 05:15 AM
hm... Sara or Sam?

.... one simple word:

BA'AL!
Eww...Stockhome's syndrome.!

epiphany
June 18th, 2004, 10:12 AM

I disagree. Sara and Jack made it work for a long time and it was only Jack's inability to share his grief at that death of their son, to share the whole tragic experience with the other person who would understand it, that seems to have led to the end of their marriage.

Jack was always in Special Ops. His situation then really wasn't any different then it is now in terms of what he could and could not share with her there--he couldn't tell her what he was doing, what happened, etc, etc. The only real difference is the off-world nature of the SGC. That didn't stand between them before, they were apparently very happy going by the flashback, really in love with each other.

I actually think it would be quite believable for Jack and Sara to "fall in love all over again"--I could easily see them bumping into each other, stopping for a coffee and just remembering what it was that attracted to each other in the first place to get the ball rolling again. I think Jack wants that normality. And I could see him and Sara, if they got back together again, taking in foster children or even adopting, if being a little older didn't stand in the way.

Whereas I don't think Sam and Jack have got anything to tie them together except for the job and even there, their interests in it are almost entirely different. And they don't have half the chemistry that Jack and Sara had in her one appearance on the show, IMO.

Slainte
June 18th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Darn it! I just want him to be happy with someone. At this stage it could be Sara, Sam or someone new. Too much emotional whumping, torture, injuries, and tough calls for Jack. It's time for a little happiness. He's moving into a new stage of life now. Time for some reexamination of his romantic life.

Mr Prophet
June 18th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Why does he have to be happy with someone.

Nolamom
June 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
'cause most folks are happier with someone than they are alone?

Bagpuss
June 18th, 2004, 02:35 PM

Then again, why not,really,if it's a plausible relationship and not "shoehorned",by the PTB?

Frankly,I'd rather see any "personal life" developments kept to a minimum or at least be subtle,on-screen....I want a happy ending for ALL the team members,in the closing episodes.(Whenever the show reaches closure.) :cool:

(Hard to remain an optimist,but I'll die trying ! ;) )

ShadowMaat
June 18th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Then again, why not,really,if it's a plausible relationship and not "shoehorned",by the PTB?
Because "plausible relationship" and "TPTB" no longer belong in the same sentence? ;)

I'd comment further but it's all so discouraging and depressing that I'd really rather not think about it right now.

stargate barbie
June 18th, 2004, 02:57 PM
sam. my reasons for this have been expressed many times.

as for sara, i didn't really like what we saw of her in the movie, i liked her a little bit better in the show, never had much desire to see anymore of her though. and while i thought they had a little bit of chemistry, i saw it as more the kind of chemistry one has with an old friend, or an ex one still gets along with.

as for chemistry between sam and jack, if characters don't have chemistry, then i don't see the point in watching a show. its just dull and painful to watch at time in that situation. i think its how that chemistry is percieved and interpreted, ie friendship or romantic. i happen to interpret it as romantic in the case of sam and jack.

Slainte
June 18th, 2004, 04:52 PM
The old argument again. Maybe he doesn't, but I, for one, have been paired for a long time and like the idea of pairing, whatever form that pairing may take. It's *so* much nicer to gritch to someone about the auto repair shop, the kids, the work, etc. than not. Each to their own. I think Jack would like a life partner. Maybe not for everyone, but for Jack, yes.

I have reached the stage where *I* think he deserves some happiness, whatever form that might take. I don't think he's happy now (not that he'd be happy as he ended in S7).

ABYDOSCITY2
June 19th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Darn it! I just want him to be happy with someone. At this stage it could be Sara, Sam or someone new. Too much emotional whumping, torture, injuries, and tough calls for Jack. It's time for a little happiness. He's moving into a new stage of life now. Time for some reexamination of his romantic life.

I agree that it is time for some where do I go from here examination of Jack's life. I would like to see him settle down and find some happiness with someone. If not Sara or Liara then some one.

ABYDOSCITY2
June 19th, 2004, 03:55 AM
That being said, I'd also pick a potted plant over Sam in terms of be better for Jack. Although maybe not in a shippy way. ;) If that's the case and if Sara is an utter impossibility, I say go for Laira. :P

I agree a potted plant would be better for Jack as sweetheart than Sam. Although they do make great friends, and compliment each other professionally. I've always thought Liara would be great for Jack. He was reallly happy with her. Sadly she lives on another planet, and I don't think Jack would be allowed to retire off world by the government because they find him so useful.

Mr Prophet
June 19th, 2004, 04:35 AM

This is the whole thing. If a character emerged who was right for him and there was a good storyline to it then fine. But if not, I'd like to see him stay single rather than get hitched because he was seen as 'incomplete' until married or at least shacked up with someone (mentioning no parallels).

shelsfc
June 19th, 2004, 03:03 PM
I'd like to see him stay single rather than get hitched because he was seen as 'incomplete' until married or at least shacked up with someone (mentioning no parallels).
I would agree with you there. I'd hate to see Jack, or any of the other main characters, set up with someone just for the sake of it. I think maybe that was a problem for Sam & Pete...
I certainly don't see Jack as "incomplete" because he is single.

If a character emerged who was right for him and there was a good storyline to it then fine.
I think Sam is that character. IMHO, she is right for him, I think they would make each other happy if they were together. They already have a storyline, I have seen it from season 1.

keshou
June 19th, 2004, 05:54 PM

I think that of all the characters Jack seems to me to be the one who most needs someone to make his retirement years happy. I don't see that he needs anyone right this minute but when he's ready to move off and fish and get a dog I think he's the sort who would like a companion to do those things with. Maybe it's because he seemed so unhappy in "2010". I'm just not sure I see Sam as the person who would make him happy. I don't think I see Sara either. Are there any other choices?? :rolleyes:

I think Sam and Daniel would be the most likely to stay unattached. They are very focused people, fascinated by pursuits that are often done alone. I can see them having fulfilling lives without a permanent partner. Doesn't mean they won't find someone that makes them happy, just that I think they may *need* a partner less than Jack.

Teal'c is a little more of a puzzle. However, he started out as a family man and I think he'll end up with a new family.

Mr Prophet
June 20th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Romantically speaking, Teal'c has the memory of a goldfish. I don't think he could get and stay married since he seems to be unable to remember that he's attached for more than eight months at a stretch!

I don't think Sam and Jack have ever had the storyline. They weren't written as love interests, and any time they've tried to make it explicit, Sam's ended losing all her backbone.

Michelle
June 20th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Ok after a long deliberation, i have picked Sam. BUT with rules! They cant possably work with the whole millitary thingo going on! Thats not to say they couldnt have a good relationship ounce those pesky goulds hurry up and die!! =)

Liebestraume
June 20th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Sara/Jack will not work again because of the communication problems that broke them up the first time around. Jack was an emotionally repressed man, primarily because of those "damn distasteful things" that he had to do but could not share with Sara, whilst she genuinely tried but inevitably failed to understand him. As such, their son's death became the unfortunate catalyst -- but not the real cause -- for their marriage to unravel. They both might have evolved as individuals since then, but their predicament has not changed.

Viv
June 24th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Jack/Sara? Well my first reaction to Sara was "ugh", instant, visceral dislike. The flashbacks were rather nice (although as my first reaction to her was dislike, I couldn't appreciate them), but I had a vague feeling that the couple hadn't been doing that well even before Charlie's death. Her comments about "spinning a line of bull" and "O'Neill bravado" just irritated me, felt like she was kicking Jack when he was already on the ground. Sara is resentful towards Jack, particularly where it concerns his way of expressing emotions, and my gut feeling is that this hasn't just to do with Charlie. I feel that their couple had been heading towards a breakup due to lack of emotional communication, and that Charlie's death was what delivered the fatal blow.

Jack/Sam? It was amusing when they were nonchalantly flirting, and sort of touching in a "not going to happen" way around S3/S4. Now, it's unbelievable. Thing is, if something was going to happen, it would have happened when the feelings were running high (around S4). Insead, it got dug up again in S7 and it doesn't work well. At best, I agree that Sam may have a big crush on Jack, but I highly doubt that it's mutual. I don't see the chemistry between them at all, nor do I see them sharing much apart from work. They live on different planets, and while I agree that opposites attract, I see much more "attraction" between Jack and Daniel than Jack and Sam.

The interest in "opposites attract" is that the two people complement each other in a positive way. Daniel has made Jack open up to a certain extent, and handles some things that Jack doesn't know how to handle (diplomatic relationships for example), while Jack sometimes had to yank Daniel back into the harsh reality of life when he was going too far into intellectual/philosophical theory. That's why I adore their relationship, be it friendship or pushed into slash - they complement each other. On the other hand, Jack has never been able to yank Sam out of her scientific world, and she has never been able to really get into his head/heart or let him into hers. They push each other away, rather, and I don't see what each can bring to the other, except for "ooh, pretty heroine, handsome hero, let's pair them up".

Of all the potential couples I saw with Jack, I'd vote for Jack/Laira. I really liked Laira, and I think they had something very good going. She was balanced, intelligent, had a sense of humour, and had a nurturing side which I think Jack perhaps needs, deep down, and that Sam cannot provide (I personally find Sam emotionally immature, it's one of her character's most interesting/endearing traits, but doesn't make her a good match for Jack).

Actually, I completely agree with the following:

If a character emerged who was right for him and there was a good storyline to it then fine. But if not, I'd like to see him stay single rather than get hitched because he was seen as 'incomplete' until married or at least shacked up with someone

And I'll add that I also have the feeling that Jack isn't looking for a partner. I doubt that it's because he's found his One True Love (Sam) and doesn't want to look elsewhere until she puts the moves on him. I rather have the impression that since his family imploded, since he failed at being a good father/husband (in his mind), he doesn't want to get involved in another relationship/possible family. If that makes him happy, then it's fine by me.

Ehm, sorry for the ramble.

Ace
September 30th, 2004, 05:58 PM
I think that Sara is the perfect women for Jack. She is a civilian, they were happy together one, and she understands. At times it seems he is still in love with Sara. Of course they would have to restart thier relationship.

Sam is his junior officer, IMHO does not understand him emoptionally or the warriorcode he lives by. They make great friends.

What do you think?

Whenever I watch Cold Lazarus, I always feel or sense more of a "connection" between Sara and Jack, then I have ever seen or felt between Jack and Sam over 8 years.

In one 45 minute episode, Jack seemed to connect with Sara far more than he has had with Sam and they have had 8 years to find that connection. So while I'm not a shipper in any shape or form, if I had to choose one or the other it would be Sara.

Give the inappropriate behavior between a Senior Officer and a Junior Officer a break. It did it's job, show drama in the show...move on and start being realistic.

Ace

Rogue
September 30th, 2004, 06:39 PM
If Sara and Jack were meant to be together, they would have reconciled along time ago.

As for Sam, I think the attraction is mutual. Since they don't spend personal time together, it is hard to say whether they would make it as a couple. I do think they care for each other and should give it a shot.

GateAngel
October 1st, 2004, 06:37 AM

What do you think?
Well to tell the truth, I always thought that either Janet Fraiser or Laira of Edora were perfect woman for Jack. However since Janet isn't an option in this thread or in his world anymore and Laira isn't an option in the thread, I would have to say that Sara O'Neill is much better suited to Jack than Sam Carter is.

It isn't just about their history together which plays a huge factor in that, but it's also about their closeness in age and the way they are together. From the way Jack has pictures of his family and Sara around his house and especially beside his bed, I think that he has grown to regret the way he acted before with Sara and not letting her inside of his emotions. Jack has made huge strides in his emotional growth since the death of Charlie and even back in Solitudes he talked about the depth of his love for Sara. I don't think that Jack left Sara because he didn't love her anymore but because he didn't want to hurt her anymore with his self destructive grief.

I would love to see Jack and Sara get back together as I don't think he ever really stopped loving her and I think she still has his heart.

Sam Carter deserves more than a man who can't give her his whole heart and that is how I see Jack O'Neill...as a man who's heart still belongs to the mother of his child.

michelleb
October 1st, 2004, 07:31 AM
i think sara's moved on. i got the impression in Cold Lazarus that while she might always care for Jack, she wouldn't want to be married to him again...that's all in the past, and behind her. So really, even if Jack wanted to be back with Sara, i think that ship has sailed.

On the other hand, Sam has done what Jack has done. She understands better than Sara the awful things jack has had to do, she's done some uncomfortable things herself. And he seems to lighten up more around her.

melpomene
October 1st, 2004, 07:41 AM
sara and jack are so over.Some people can go back after they break up but somehow those two give off these major "no way" vibrations.They managed to move on without each other.they survived what happend and their to the point where they can talk but that's what cold lazarus symbolized from what i saw.Jack reconciling himself to the past and moving on.Starting a new life.Remembering but never going back.they've given each other up.it's over.finished,life goes on.

Dani347
October 1st, 2004, 09:36 AM
I see no chemistry between Jack and Sam. In fact, I see anti chemistry between them. Scenes that are supposed to showcase how much chemistry they have don't just leave me cold, they cause me pain. They don't seem to have anything in common except their jobs. I don't see either one lighting up in any special way around the other. Not to make me see them in any romantic sense.

So, if I had to choose, it would be Sara. But, I don't see why Jack has to be with someone. Like others have said, if someone comes along, and it's natural and not forced in, fine. But, people can be single and happy. Perfectly happy. No, really. They can, indeed.

And, Jack's not alone. He's got Daniel, Teal'c, and yes, Sam.

Mr Prophet
October 1st, 2004, 11:31 AM
I see no chemistry between Jack and Sam. In fact, I see anti chemistry between them. Scenes that are supposed to showcase how much chemistry they have don't just leave me cold, they cause me pain.

Nice to know I'm not alone there.

I still don't see either of them being the one for Jack, but then what do I know? When I wrote him a love interest she was a seven-thousand year old virgin soldier.

GateAngel
October 1st, 2004, 11:50 AM
I guess that any of us no matter which person we see as right for Jack can come up with valid reasons why it would work out better for him with that person.

I have never seen any sign that things are 'over' between Sara and Jack or that there is no avenue open for them to get back together. In my mind the very fact that he still has a picture with her next to his bed tells me that she is someone to whom he is still deeply committed to.

Oddly enough the other thing that to me indicates that Jack is still deeply in love with Sara is the vague spark of interest he has in Sam Carter. To my perception the things he finds himself drawn to about Sam are the things about her that remind him of Sara. Their similar build and eye color, their compassionate natures and strong spirits. The way they like to do their own work hands on and have the satisfaction of figuring it out for themselves. Their loyalty and capacity for caring.

Sometimes I think that Jack looks at Sam and sees not his 2IC, but his ex-wife Sara as she was back when they were both that young and seeing the world through less cynical eyes. In my perception everything about the way Jack sometimes reacts to Sam Carter with a spark of interest only speaks very deeply of how much he loves and misses Sara.

But that's just my perspective.

Daniel's_twin
October 1st, 2004, 12:46 PM
I'm not going into any reasons for why I pick who I pick, I'm just going to say who I think is best, and that'll be it.

JACK, IF YOU'RE SMART YOU'LL RIP CARTER AWAY FROM PETE NOW AND START SMOOCHIN'!!

Next, please? :cool:

Feli
October 1st, 2004, 01:00 PM
Like others have said, if someone comes along, and it's natural and not forced in, fine.
I don't agree with everything you've said but with this statement I certainly do. Jack has always been my favorite character and I would love to see him happy in a relationship. Not because I feel that people can't be happy when they're single - of course they can! - but because I'm a romantic at heart and want to see some romance for my favorite character, even in a scifi series.

I can't see either Sara or Sam as his 'soulmate' though. Laira came close, or rather would have come close under different circumstances. As it is I'm a Jack/xx shipper; I'd root for any pairing that shows me a Jack who's genuinely happy and carefree in a relationship. But we haven't been shown such an option yet IMO.

Liv
October 1st, 2004, 02:19 PM
Sara or Sam for Jack
Neither.

Jack and Sara... Well, in Cold Lazarus, they felt very much "over", to me. Their love and care for each other was still there, but the in love - part had passed them by, and I think they both knew and accepted that.

Jack and Sam. Oh, I think I've made my feelings on this quite clear in the Anti Jack/Sam thread, so I'll just say a heartily NO! and leave it at that. :p

If anyone, I would say that Laira (A Hundred Days) was a nice fit for Jack. There was definitely something there and I would like to see Jack return to Edora someday, to sort things out with her.

But as Dani pointed out, people can be single and still feel happy and content so there's that option, as well.

Jamaica03
October 1st, 2004, 02:46 PM
Absolutely SAM!
I think Jack will always love Sara, but they have been through too much and apart for to long to be together again. Jack and Sam obviously care for each other a great deal. So the military has regulations, neither of them have broken them, they have never acted inappropriate on there feelings for each other, but that doesn't mean that they can't have feelings for each other.
Besides opposites attract!
:p

Ancient 1
October 3rd, 2004, 12:43 AM
I think that of all the characters Jack seems to me to be the one who most needs someone to make his retirement years happy. I don't see that he needs anyone right this minute but when he's ready to move off and fish and get a dog I think he's the sort who would like a companion to do those things with. Maybe it's because he seemed so unhappy in "2010". I'm just not sure I see Sam as the person who would make him happy. I don't think I see Sara either. Are there any other choices?? :rolleyes:

I think jack could be happy with the simple life if he went back to Lara, (100 days); happier yet if he could get her to come to earth.

I think Sam and Daniel would be the most likely to stay unattached. They are very focused people, fascinated by pursuits that are often done alone. I can see them having fulfilling lives without a permanent partner. Doesn't mean they won't find someone that makes them happy, just that I think they may *need* a partner less than Jack.

Yes I agree. For now these 2 are too young and too focused on what their careers offer to invest the amount of time it takes to make a lasting relationship work.

Teal'c is a little more of a puzzle. However, he started out as a family man and I think he'll end up with a new family.

Looks like Teal'c waited 130 years to sew his wild oats! I hope he was practicing safe sex. but then again the tretonin should help him. I wonder if anyone is trying to use tretonin to cure aids. Hmm...

** ;) Reply within message above. I got lazy. :cool:

Daniel's Sister
October 12th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Personally, I agree with Daniel's_Twin. Carter is most definetally better for Jack. You see that they like each other. I think that if Carter wasn't military, well, just think "There but for the Grace of God." I think that says it all. :p

Dani347
October 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Wasn't that an AU Sam and Jack? Not this Sam and Jack?

NightGloom
October 12th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Frankly, I would have to say neither. Sara/ Jack is obviously over, especially since we haven't really heard anything about her for a few years. Plus, I don't see them reconciling anytime soon. Sam/Jack I've stated my feelings about this in several threads (mainly the Anti-Shipper thread) so check there if you want to see what I think because I'm about to crash right now. I'm not sure if I would like to see Jack with anyone, at least not as a one of the main or secondary plotlines because I don't really like how they handled it with Sam.

ShadowMaat
October 12th, 2004, 05:45 PM
I can "see" that Jack and Daniel like each other. I "see" that Sam and Teal'c like each other. Ditto Jack/Teal'c and Sam/Daniel. They're a TEAM. They're a GOOD team. They've been together for years and yeah, amazingly enough they all still like each other. HOWEVER, none of that means that any of them have to have romantic feelings for each other and without turning this into another ship discussion thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=88) I don't see that ANY pairing HAS to exist. Yes, the Sam/Jack angle has been shoved at us, but that doesn't mean that it's right, that doesn't mean that it's the ONLY possibility. Fandom supports all KINDS of pairings and none of them is any more "right" or "wrong" than any other. Except Jack/Thor. That's just wrong on so MANY levels. ;)

Point is, it's a matter of personal interpretation. Nothing more, nothing less. What one person sees as X and Y destined to be together another person will see as proof that X and Y should NEVER get together.

Dana_Jeanne
October 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Neither. Why is it such a big deal for people to be paired off anyway? Lots of people leade happy, productive SINGLE lives. Jack seems to be doing just fine as a single man, as far as I can see.

Daniel's_twin
October 12th, 2004, 06:39 PM
Seems to me hes rather lonely. :cool:

NightGloom
October 13th, 2004, 05:29 AM
Seems to me hes rather lonely. :cool:

Doesn't mean we have to see the actual "courtship" or anything like that on the show.

Daniel's_twin
October 13th, 2004, 06:14 PM
No, 'course not. Just so long as they mention it at least. :cool:

ShadowMaat
October 13th, 2004, 06:34 PM
No, 'course not. Just so long as they mention it at least. :cool:
No. It probably will be mentioned, but in NO WAY does it ever HAVE to be mentioned. Ever.

Daniel's_twin
October 13th, 2004, 06:59 PM
'kay. :cool: *still holds onto personal opinion, not enforcing it on others*

Jane
November 7th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Sam is perfect for jack, after all the things they have been through together. they will be able to understand each other where others will not.

Mr Prophet
November 7th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Sam is perfect for jack, after all the things they have been through together. they will be able to understand each other where others will not.

Yes. That is precisely why they are such good friends.

Lord Zedd
November 7th, 2004, 12:00 PM
and they don't have to keep a secret if they were merried like Weir had to do with Simon

major_flaming_toaster
December 28th, 2004, 12:53 PM
I think Sara was great for Jack. When they were married. But, the loss of a child is a powerful blow to any couple. To say that Jack and Sara could get back together after a death that was so horrible and detrimental to both of them would be like asking a tornado that just ripped your home to shreds to please put it back together. It just doesn't work that way. They got a divorce. They knew what they were doing. Someone said, I think it was Ship Nana, that Cold Lazaras was like a good bye episode, and I agree. I think there is just too much that transpired between the two for any real romantic realationship.
As for Sam, I think that they should end up together. At the end of the series.

Sheyna-Lou
December 31st, 2004, 02:53 AM
As for Sam, I think that they should end up together. At the end of the series.
WHAT???? There is NO END TO THE SERIES!!! EVER! Sam and Jack should get together at the beginning of Season 9 to explain RDA and ATs absences. How many episodes have they been all loveydovey? Loads. How many have Sara and Jack? One. And it just did not feel right!
They're in love. They should be together. Nuff said.

Shéyna (Pyschoveg)

Daniel's_twin
December 31st, 2004, 06:40 AM
whoa! Calm down there, Psycho! (is that a contradiction?) There will be an end to the series, sooner or later, :( , but Samand Jack shall prevail in their relationship! :cool:

major_flaming_toaster
December 31st, 2004, 01:31 PM
It is inevitable. Whatever has a beginning must have an end. Nothing can last forever. The end of one thing is the beginning of something else. Cliches? Yes, but it's true. Stargate will end sometime. But, hey, why dwell on the negetive? Season 8 is starting in less than a month :eek: Can you handle it? :o

graculus
December 31st, 2004, 02:07 PM
I think that Sara is the perfect women for Jack. She is a civilian, they were happy together one, and she understands. At times it seems he is still in love with Sara.

I would love to see Sara back on the show if there's a role for her in a sci fi storyline. I agree that the marriage can't be repaired, but I like to think that she and Jack remained close after Cold Lazarus.

As for the woman Jack really needs in his life, I'd like to suggest a border collie. They are very affectionate.

Later,
Graculus

Sheyna-Lou
January 1st, 2005, 07:31 AM
whoa! Calm down there, Psycho! (is that a contradiction?) There will be an end to the series, sooner or later, :( , but Samand Jack shall prevail in their relationship! :cool:

I don't really do calm. Soz. I know there will be an end but I was in denial. It was too depressing to think about! :( . I hope they prevail. Otherwise I've wasted most of my teenage life in front of my TV watching for the day when they finally kiss of their own free will, remember it, and are actually the Sam and Jack in our reality.

Shéyna (psycho veg)

MasterPower
January 1st, 2005, 07:33 AM
Neither of them should. I hate how you people have turned Stargate into this shipping crap. Let's just watch the show with out bickering about who needs to be together.

Sheyna-Lou
January 1st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Neither of them should. I hate how you people have turned Stargate into this shipping crap. Let's just watch the show with out bickering about who needs to be together.

To be totally honest. I don't think it's right to impose your opinions on other people :mad: ! How about you watch the show without bickering, and we'll enjoy our calm discussion about our personal opinions! That okay with you?!?!!!
:mad:
Shéyna

MasterPower
January 1st, 2005, 08:01 AM
To be totally honest. I don't think it's right to impose your opinions on other people :mad: ! How about you watch the show without bickering, and we'll enjoy our calm discussion about our personal opinions! That okay with you?!?!!!
:mad:
Shéyna

I'll watch the show however I want to. And I'll bicker if I want to.
I'm just saying that there is more to the show than this shipper crap.

Sheyna-Lou
January 1st, 2005, 08:09 AM
I'll watch the show however I want to. And I'll bicker if I want to.
I'm just saying that there is more to the show than this shipper crap.
That's fine. You do that. But you did say that we were to stop bickering about who should be together. Firstly, who's bickering? Secondly, everyone has a right to find different elements in this show that they enjoy discussing. We enjoy discussing shippiness, which is why we're talking on this thread. If you don't like it, that's fine, but don't tell us that we shouldn't be "bickering about shipper crap".

And of course there's more to it than that. I love the scientific and historic element too. But that doesn't mean we don't have the right to discuss the shippy side.

Shéyna

MasterPower
January 1st, 2005, 08:13 AM
Firstly, who's bickering?

Are you kidding?! I've heard some people say that they won't watch the show anymore if a certain couple won't get together. And I've watched over topics with people yelling at each other about who needs to get together. I'd call that bickering alright.

Sheyna-Lou
January 1st, 2005, 08:29 AM
Are you kidding?! I've heard some people say that they won't watch the show anymore if a certain couple won't get together. And I've watched over topics with people yelling at each other about who needs to get together. I'd call that bickering alright.

Okay fine, so they're bickering. But others aren't. And if they don't want to watch the show anymore because of that couple then that's their choice. But that still doesn't give anyone the right to judge them. Even if they are bickering they have a right to do so. Obviously shippines means more to them than it does to you, but they still deserve respect even if it isn't your personal opinion.
I appologise for sounding rude, but I get a lot of stick at school for liking things like Sci-fi, and I feel very strongly about how it is right to treat others. I really don't want to sound horrible.

Shéyna

aeromathlete
January 1st, 2005, 02:10 PM
Whoa.

So, between Sara or Sam? Huh. I'll just put it this way: if Jack and Sara had happened to work something out way back after Cold Lazarus, then I definitely would have been a strong supporter of that relationship, and the concept of Jack and Sam being a couple would never have crossed my mind.

BUT

The fact that they haven't brought Sara back on implies to me that that chapter of the book is long over and gone. Jack strikes me as a pretty lonely character, and yes, though there are people who live happy, productive, single lives...well...Jack and Sam are both productive, until Chimera they were both single, but one gets the distinct impression that the characters aren't particularly happy with the current setup. Why is this the case? Well, ask the writers.

TPTB have been teasing the Jack/Sam relationship officially since Out Of Mind (according to Lost City commentary). They've dropped hints, moments, and behaviors that imply the two characters are attracted to each other. In essence, this was TPTB's doing. They started it, and we shippers went along with it and liked what we saw. I'm a Jack/Sam shipper, and I'm not likely to change my mind about this anytime soon. ;)

But I will admit that if Sara had still been in the picture all along, I probably would have gone the other way.

My opinion. I'm not attacking anyone. I'm not trying to patronize anyone. These were just my thoughts and mine alone.

shipper hannah
January 1st, 2005, 02:11 PM
Okay fine, so they're bickering. But others aren't. And if they don't want to watch the show anymore because of that couple then that's their choice. But that still doesn't give anyone the right to judge them. Even if they are bickering they have a right to do so. Obviously shippines means more to them than it does to you, but they still deserve respect even if it isn't your personal opinion.
I appologise for sounding rude, but I get a lot of stick at school for liking things like Sci-fi, and I feel very strongly about how it is right to treat others. I really don't want to sound horrible.

Shéyna

Amen to that!

Daniel's_twin
January 1st, 2005, 05:55 PM

Ok, listen you. You have done a post like this on the Sam/Jack Shippers Thread (entirely inappropriate and yet funny enough to belt out laughing), and totally trashed us and threw something that we would like to see happen in our faces. I don't watch the show because "Oh, maybe this'll be the episode where they finally get together, realize that they're a match made in Heaven, and go off into the Stargate for eternal bliss and seven children". I enjoy the series. The action, the story, and the ship is part of the added allure to the show! So lay off, and start dissin' someone else, like maybe the Goa'uld. :cool:

aussie_gal
January 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM
Ok, listen you. You have done a post like this on the Sam/Jack Shippers Thread (entirely inappropriate and yet funny enough to belt out laughing), and totally trashed us and threw something that we would like to see happen in our faces. I don't watch the show because "Oh, maybe this'll be the episode where they finally get together, realize that they're a match made in Heaven, and go off into the Stargate for eternal bliss and seven children". I enjoy the series. The action, the story, and the ship is part of the added allure to the show! So lay off, and start dissin' someone else, like maybe the Goa'uld. :cool:

true

Sheyna-Lou
January 2nd, 2005, 03:28 AM
Thankyou! Someone else finally taking that side! Why bother posting on this thread if you don't like what it represents???

Jedi Daniel
January 2nd, 2005, 05:44 AM
I'm a supporter of Sam for Jack :)

MasterPower
January 2nd, 2005, 08:29 AM

I enjoy the action and the story, but I don't care for the stupid ship. I'm not dissin' anyone, I'm saying that I don't watch the show just because a certain pair needs to get together. What's the fun in that? None! I'll watch the show however I want to, and you want tell me otherwise. And I don't care if I've posted in a shipper thread and told them that there is more to stargate than ship. I also don't appreciate how I'm being treated for voicing out my opinion!

Daniel's_twin
January 2nd, 2005, 08:47 AM
Voice away! But do do it in a way that doesn't insult at least a fourth of the members of this forum! Go on, say that you don't like the ship, but you're not supposed to attack those who do enjoy the ships on this show, got it? :cool:

MasterPower
January 2nd, 2005, 08:50 AM
Voice away! But do do it in a way that doesn't insult at least a fourth of the members of this forum! Go on, say that you don't like the ship, but you're not supposed to attack those who do enjoy the ships on this show, got it? :cool:

I was attacking no one in this thread.

Daniel's_twin
January 2nd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Even if it was absent-mindedly, you did. You definitely could've found a more pleasant way of saying that you don't like shipping.

Anyone wanna interrupt this argument and bring this thread discussion back to where it's supposed to be, which is talking about whether you would like Sam or Sara for Jack?

And Master Power, if you don't like shipping and shippers, find the appropriate places to say it, which is not in our faces!

Catysg1
January 2nd, 2005, 08:56 AM
Sara is long gone gone .he loved her but it's over ..If he wanted to go back with her ..he would have done so instead of going for Kerry in Threads ..season 8 ...Jack is in love with Sam now ..and Sam is in love with Jack and although their situation is complicated because of the regs ...I would love to see them outside the regs in a intimate relationship so that the chemistry blows the TV screen up ..This is the only thing missing now for them ..is just be themselves with each other without the regs in the way ...The regs are a big downer for the characters to be comfortable with each other .
Without the regs ...with all barriers dropped ..they'll make a fantastic couple. ;)

Ship and shipping is a part of any long term shows and sci-fi shows mostly ....X-files , Star trek, Enterprise, Farscape, Stargate, BattleStar Galactica , dark angel, Buffy , Angel , ect......all of them have ship in it as part of the storyline because they are people like us with feelings ..and they want love from others ...want to love someone ...which is part of living.

Caty :)

MasterPower
January 2nd, 2005, 09:00 AM
Sara is long gone gone .he loved her but it's over ..If he wanted to go back with her ..he would have done so instead of going for Kerry in Threads ..season 8 ...Jack is in love with Sam now ..and Sam is in love with Jack and although their situation is complicated because of the regs ...I would love to see them outside the regs in a intimate relationship so that the chemistry blows the TV screen up ..This is the only thing missing now for them ..is just be themselves with each other without the regs in the way ...The regs are a big downer for the characters to be comfortable with each other .
Without the regs ...with all barriers dropped ..they'll make a fantastic couple. ;)

I don't want to start an argument.
But there is no episode where it says that Jack and Sam are in love with each other. They've admitted their feelings; but it is not love.

Catysg1
January 2nd, 2005, 09:15 AM
I haven't heard anybody yet in any sci-fi shows saying "I love you" ..It can always be interpreted..you don't have to tell somebody you love them for it to be real ..You can just show it in subtle ways ...like Sam and Jack do it ..They can't act upon their feelings yet until the regs are out of the way ..This is the reason why they are moving on because they have priorities...jack want to be a good general and Sam a good colonel ..so why not ..they can move on ...but if they love each other ..it won't work. ;)

I suppose some fans see ship and you just don't ..so that's fine . ;)

Stargate is still an action show not as great as it was in the first 6 years but apparently as popular ..so ..everything they (tptb) do is working ....and good luck to them ...even if I think they messed up a little ...I just hope for the ship not to be to opera-ish at the end ...Mobius seems to be an excellent episode for all Stargate fans ...Action , good story, sci-fi, and ship too ..Everybody should find something they like ......like any other episodes so far . ;)

graculus
January 2nd, 2005, 09:36 AM
I've heard I love you on Buffy, if that counts. I'm not sure if there were "I love you" moments on Farscape, but the way they did it, they could have pulled it off from time to time. I don't think "I love you" kills anything unless the actors are embarrassed or it doesn't fit into the story the writers are telling. I do think that it's hard work to take the relationship places after love is declared, and the writers will be tempted to take the easy way out and kill someone off.

Later,
Graculus

Mr Prophet
January 2nd, 2005, 09:40 AM
I haven't heard anybody yet in any sci-fi shows saying "I love you"
John Crichton: Never try to make me forget what really matters - I. Love. Aeryn.

Daniel's_twin
January 2nd, 2005, 09:44 AM
I've heard I love you on Buffy, if that counts. I'm not sure if there were "I love you" moments on Farscape, but the way they did it, they could have pulled it off from time to time. I don't think "I love you" kills anything unless the actors are embarrassed or it doesn't fit into the story the writers are telling. I do think that it's hard work to take the relationship places after love is declared, and the writers will be tempted to take the easy way out and kill someone off.

Later,
Graculus

Totally agree with you. I'm going to pull another TV show out of my hat, Walker Texas Ranger. When Alex Kayhill (the woman of the show who was in love with Walker and married him toward the end of the series) declared that she loved Walker and he said the same thing about her, the show kinda lost something. The new characters they had brought in (Gage and Sydney) saved the show for another season or so, but they lost a lot of story possibilities when they said out loud "I love you". And as for JAG, I've said this before, but part of the show's success depended on the way they played and toyed with Harm and Mac's relationship. So if they do declare immediately that "oh, I love you my dear", it's pretty much a death sentence.

And more then that, they practically did declare that they love each other in the episode with the zatarcs. But it was so tastefully done that it didn't kill their toying around with the relationship. :cool:

graculus
January 2nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Actually, toying can also be harmful when it turns into formula. IMHO, Mulder/Scully UST got seriously attenuated on The X-Files, and that was part of what ruined the show (for me). Also, the longer the build up, the bigger the post-kissage letdown. I think it would have been a better plan to make an upfront move toward RST, and then throw in a plot twist to mess things up, like Buffy and Farscape.

Later,
Graculus

Jonisa
January 2nd, 2005, 09:59 AM
John Crichton: Never try to make me forget what really matters - I. Love. Aeryn.

That's a quote from Revenging Angel, isn't it? God, I love Farscape.

Oops, wrong forum. So how about that Jack/Sara...er...Sam/Jack...whoever. Ack. I really, truly couldn't care less either way. :D

Mr Prophet
January 2nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
And more then that, they practically did declare that they love each other in the episode with the zatarcs. But it was so tastefully done that it didn't kill their toying around with the relationship. :cool:
I maintain that in Divide and Conquer, they killed any question of loving each other. Sure, they care and there may be some attraction, but certainly at that stage, Jack means less to Sam than her job.

couchpotatergater
January 2nd, 2005, 11:43 AM
This may have already been said; I haven't read through the whole thread, but what did Jack do in WoO? Handed in his resignation to kiss Sam - BUT!!! - that wasn't his first "naughty act", & he knew there'd be no repercussions. IMO neither SAM or Jack care enough in that way to resign & be together. I do think that Jack & Sara would still be together if it weren't for Charlie's death. Jack is incredibly loyal, & his feelings for Sam are because a) he's her C.O. b)friendship & c)she's very attractive & he has hormones!!! :D

Daniel's_twin
January 2nd, 2005, 12:44 PM
I think that Jack and Sam care for each other deeply, but it's like Peter Parker in the first Spider-man movie. They realize that there are bigger things going on in the universe then themselves. And although it's probably gnawing at their insides, they realize that for the moment, it's the right thing to do. :cool:

graculus
January 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
I agree Jack and Sam care deeply for each other. But I'm happy Sam found love with Pete. :)

Later,
Graculus

TheBlueDragon
January 2nd, 2005, 02:58 PM
sam

Ancient 1
January 2nd, 2005, 03:12 PM
I think in some ways Jack would be happy if things could work with Sara, but he feels too much guilt over the death of Charlie for them to ever be able to put that unfortunate issue to rest...and he knows it; they both know it, so I don't see that ever happening.
Sam on the other hand is military taboo, so I have to take a 3rd option not provided here, and go with Lara from "100 Days." I hope that doesn't sound like a complete cop out, but it only seems logical, IMO, of course.

Catysg1
January 2nd, 2005, 03:57 PM
I think that Jack and Sam care for each other deeply, but it's like Peter Parker in the first Spider-man movie. They realize that there are bigger things going on in the universe then themselves. And although it's probably gnawing at their insides, they realize that for the moment, it's the right thing to do. :cool:

I agree ..I see it like that too ..and like Graculus mentionned ...any TPTB should do RST before it gets tiring ...May be they'll throw RST with Sam and Jack in Mobius and then throw a plot twist to mess things up ...not that I would like it and I think it's a bit too late in the show to do that ..but TPTB are evil enough to do something like that .

Catysg1
January 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM
I think in some ways Jack would be happy if things could work with Sara, but he feels too much guilt over the death of Charlie for them to ever be able to put that unfortunate issue to rest...and he knows it; they both know it, so I don't see that ever happening.
Sam on the other hand is military taboo, so I have to take a 3rd option not provided here, and go with Lara from "100 Days." I hope that doesn't sound like a complete cop out, but it only seems logical, IMO, of course.

Lara is a bit too much like a one night stand to me ..He didn't love her ..He was with her because he was stuck on the planet ..he never returned ..so he does not care on bit about her .

he did love his wife dearly and if the show had not had been so long seeing him and Sam working together helping each other all the time , comforting each other ..then I would be happy for him to go back with Sara but he has not mentionned her in years , doe not want to speak about it , she is gone ..and he moved on even more clearly soon because he is gonna try to have a.. normal life with Kerry..only because Sam and him can't be together because of the regulations and higher priorities in their life like saving the world ..like Spiderman and his girlfriend. ;)

Right now Sam is with Pete and Jack will be with Kerry soon ..Either this is the way they will be ..or both of them realize it is not what they want break up... and Sam and Jack will be together ..to leave Pete and Kerry start a relationship ..hahahahaha :D

Caty ;)

Ancient 1
January 2nd, 2005, 08:31 PM
Lara is a bit too much like a one night stand to me ..He didn't love her ..He was with her because he was stuck on the planet ..he never returned ..so he does not care on bit about her .

I thought that by their "good-bye" that O'neill had learned to care for her. He might either retire their or assume an ambassadorial role and reconnect. Anyway, it was just a thought. :)

graculus
January 2nd, 2005, 08:41 PM
I thought there was something "old married couplish" about Jack and Lara. I liked their relationship because it seemed mature and deliberate. It meshed with my impression of what people in their 40s would do, and that was great to see on TV.

Later,
Graculus

Sheyna-Lou
January 10th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Wooh! Back to the topic. SAM and JACK! Sara is totally out of the picture, Sam and Jack have admitted their feelings before. They better do it again and I firmly believe they will end up together before it ends. Stuff Air Force regs.

Shéyna (Psychoveg)

Mr Prophet
January 10th, 2005, 08:18 AM
Stuff Air Force regs.

I don't see that happening, since they want to keep their official USAF support.

Sheyna-Lou
January 20th, 2005, 12:15 AM
I don't see that happening, since they want to keep their official USAF support.
Yeah, fair enough. I was being a moody teenager. Sorry. What I mean is, they should be together and it is crel of the airforce to keep them apart.

Catysg1
January 20th, 2005, 01:02 AM
May be they should go to the court martial to explain their case . ;) and may be then something could be done . ;)

Mr Prophet
January 20th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, fair enough. I was being a moody teenager. Sorry. What I mean is, they should be together and it is crel of the airforce to keep them apart.

That's a matter of opinion and perception, but it's not cruel, it's necessary, and anyway the AF isn't keeping them apart. One of them could resign or request reassignment tomorrow if they really felt that strongly.

Abodie
January 20th, 2005, 08:42 AM
I agree that Sara suits Jack better than Samantha. They have been through a lot together by sharing the birth of their son and then his untimely death. If their love has survived that they can get through anything. Sam is just too smart for Jack's comfort zone and Sam deserves someone who respects her intelligence, instead of someone who is intimidated by it.

MajorSam
January 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Just a silly point. According to some researches about the Mongol laws in Asia, we discovered that according to the shavadai law “ when a single man, buys his first female slave, she becomes his wife ! “

In the episode Emancipation, SAM is held prisoner and in order to deliver her, Jack ( who is divorced and therefore single) BUYS her in exchange for his gun !

And as we know, the American law recognizes all its national’s marriages in foreign territories…Jack and Sam are therefore married...

I don't know if they could pull off the "alien marriage" thing like they do with the whle "influence of alien virus" thing, but hey, it could happen ;) :p

Sam and Jack forever and always, there can never be any others! (well, bumps along the long road of life, but ultimately, they can only be with each other!) I mean, they've gone through sooo much together. They understand each other better than anyone else could. They can sometimes practically read each other's minds when they need to. Together they can accomplish anything. They have massive respect and trust the other with their lives. These things are the main foundations of a strong relationship.

Feli
January 20th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Sam is just too smart for Jack's comfort zone and Sam deserves someone who respects her intelligence, instead of someone who is intimidated by it.

What makes you say that Jack is intimidated by her intelligence? I've not once in the 170-ish eps felt that and would be honestly interested in hearing why you think that. Do any specific scenes come to mind?

Abodie
January 20th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Feli-I have no problem explaining why I feel Jack and Sam aren't suited for each other. Although there is chemistry between them. I have watched all the episodes of Stargate SG-1. I can't give a direct quote from any one episode(and didn't think I needed to in order to post on this site), I have seen several episodes in which Jack rolled his eyes or made comments when Sam was explaining one of her theories. In fact he does it to Daniel too. Whenever she discusses things Jack doesn't understand he just leaves the room. I remember in one episode where Jack ask Sam if he can help with a problem she's having. When she goes into her scientific explanation he gets up in the middle of the explanation and says, "Can I get you coffee." Jack truly admires her as a co-worker and makes fun of himself but in the long run his ego would get bruised if they got together.

shipper hannah
January 20th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I agree Jack and Sam care deeply for each other. But I'm happy Sam found love with Pete. :)

Later,
Graculus

no way does she love pete.. at least not like she does jack ;) . i mean, have we ever heard her say she loves him? i haven't. i just don't see them staying together at all..they don't belong together...and i hate pete!!:eek:!

Feli
January 21st, 2005, 01:30 AM
Feli-I have no problem explaining why I feel Jack and Sam aren't suited for each other. Although there is chemistry between them. I have watched all the episodes of Stargate SG-1. I can't give a direct quote from any one episode(and didn't think I needed to in order to post on this site), I have seen several episodes in which Jack rolled his eyes or made comments when Sam was explaining one of her theories. In fact he does it to Daniel too. Whenever she discusses things Jack doesn't understand he just leaves the room. I remember in one episode where Jack ask Sam if he can help with a problem she's having. When she goes into her scientific explanation he gets up in the middle of the explanation and says, "Can I get you coffee." Jack truly admires her as a co-worker and makes fun of himself but in the long run his ego would get bruised if they got together.

I'm not debating your statement that they aren't suited for each other but I'm seriously doubting that Jack feels intimidated by her intelligence. The examples you give show - IMHO, of course - that he doesn't always listen to Sam's (or Daniel's) long-winded explanations because he doesn't need to know every tiny detail in order to make a decision.

Abodie
January 21st, 2005, 08:31 AM
I would think any person in the military making important military decisions would pay attention to every detail. Why does the idea of Jack being intimidated by anyone irk you so much? I feel that's why this show is such a success. It shows that all people have character flaws and then it shows how they all work together despite their differences. The SG-1 are all different as night and day but they all have great respect for each other. You can respect someone and still be intimidated by them. Also I feel your age has a lot to do with how you view all the characters. I respect your right to have your opinion, now respect mine.

Feli
January 21st, 2005, 11:53 AM
I would think any person in the military making important military decisions would pay attention to every detail. Why does the idea of Jack being intimidated by anyone irk you so much? I feel that's why this show is such a success. It shows that all people have character flaws and then it shows how they all work together despite their differences. The SG-1 are all different as night and day but they all have great respect for each other. You can respect someone and still be intimidated by them. Also I feel your age has a lot to do with how you view all the characters. I respect your right to have your opinion, now respect mine.

Uhm, excuse me?

First of all, the idea of Jack being intimidated by Sam's intelligence doesn't irk me, I simply don't agree with it.

Secondly, as I made obvious by writing "IMHO, of course" I was only stating my opinion which happens to be different to yours. I was discussing those opinions; I was neither telling you you were wrong nor was I disrespectful towards you in any way.

Last but not least I consider your request to respect your opinion - which I did! - in connection with a side note about my age unnecessary and rather condescending, considering that you have no way of knowing how old I am.

the dancer of spaz
January 21st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hmmm... That's a toughie... Not! ;)

No, I just think there are certain aspects of each character's life that have never been revisited as much as other parts of the arc - and possibly never will be.

For instance, Daniel's relationship with Sha're has since been beaten to, well... it's been beaten, as has Sam's brother and mother. Sha're, and Sam's brother and mother, were very important to the fleshing out of their characters in the beginning, and they were very important people in their lives.

But now these characters haven't really factored into the here, now, and the future, so to speak. The same can be said for Drey'auc and Ry'ac, to some extent. For Jack, that person is Sara.

As a result, I have no problem with there being any Jack/Sam ship action. ;)