This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sara or Sam for Jack

I think that Sara is the perfect women for Jack. She is a civilian, they were happy together one, and she understands. At times it seems he is still in love with Sara. Of course they would have to restart thier relationship.

Sam is his junior officer, IMHO does not understand him emoptionally or the warriorcode he lives by. They make great friends.

What do you think?
    ABYDOSCITY2

I think that when it's over between two people, it's over. Jack and Sara had something good once upon a time. That time is over. They've both moved on with their lives, and their lives are not the same any longer (not just the absence of Charlie/Tyler). This isn't to say that they can't be friends. I absolutely do not see any "romantic" relationship rekindling between them.

As for Sam - why can't they continue to be friends and co-workers? Is there some law that says two mature adults of the opposite sex HAVE to become lovers? I think Sam understands Jack and how the whole Stargate program has shaped him over the years better than Sara possibly could. But that doesn't mean that they have to have a romantic relationship.
    JMHO,
    Nmom
    sigpic

Comment

If a couple brakes up and gets back together again, its a sign they they are ment to be together

Comment

I've always been a bit of a Sara/Jack shipper. I'd definitely pick her over Sam as a match for Jack. At least you know that they'll "work" as a couple. If Sara hadn't been written in merely as a plot point so they could get rid of her... I think it could have been interesting. She could have been a great "outside" character and it might have given Jack a chance to show some real emotional angst which he unfortunatley doesn't show often because he's supposed to be the Tough Guy Hero who's above all those petty displays of emotion. Sara could have been our insight into Jack. Instead, TPTB chose to use and discard her and then pretend she didn't exist. Hmm... sounds kinda familiar, actually. Maybe I should have picked up the warning signs sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa King
          If a couple brakes up and gets back together again, its a sign they they are ment to be together
          Or not. My mother-in-law married the same guy three different times. Doesn't mean that they were *meant* to be together. Just means that they both were too blind to see that when something doesn't work, all the wishing in the world isn't going to make it work.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
            I think that when it's over between two people, it's over. Jack and Sara had something good once upon a time. That time is over. They've both moved on with their lives, and their lives are not the same any longer (not just the absence of Charlie/Tyler). This isn't to say that they can't be friends. I absolutely do not see any "romantic" relationship rekindling between them.

As for Sam - why can't they continue to be friends and co-workers? Is there some law that says two mature adults of the opposite sex HAVE to become lovers? I think Sam understands Jack and how the whole Stargate program has shaped him over the years better than Sara possibly could. But that doesn't mean that they have to have a romantic relationship.
            JMHO,
            Nmom
            Actually Nolomom, there is a law against it (well, not exactly a law). Its called Military regulations.
            [email protected]
            http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
            One nation under dog
            There of which I stand alone
            A face in the crowd
            Unsung, against the mold
            Without a doubt
            Singled out
            The only way I know

Comment

Oh crud sorry I mis-read. please disregard that last post.
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I've always been a bit of a Sara/Jack shipper. I'd definitely pick her over Sam as a match for Jack.
                From what I have seen the death of Charlie would have always stood between them. Repairing, even if it were possible, would not be easy for the amount of time Jack spends away not to mention the fact that he couldn't tell Sara anything about where he goes and what he does.

Sam is his female counter part in terms of toughness and understanding of his work not to mention the extrodinary amount of time they have to spend together makes the pairing a good one I think. They both know loss and the demands of their career and maybe they are content to wait until things finally change before getting involved and/or they are both personally ready?

Comment

I guess I'm kind of with Nolamom. I think it's very difficult for a couple who's broken up, especially with the traumatic loss of a child, to get back together and make it work. Such a loss either seems to bond you more tightly together or ends in a very painful split. I am glad that Jack and Sara seem to have found some peace now and I don't really think there's going to be a reunion there.

I have seen some couples divorce for other reasons and then get remarried and make it work. My cousin did and this time it seems to be working. (Of course I thought the husband was a jerk when she married him the first time and is still a jerk, but if she's happy that's all that matters)

As for Sam and Jack, I have reservations about them as a couple (that's why I'm not a shipper) but if there are strong feelings there then I'm sure they'll get a chance to see if they have more in common than being on SG-1. After the end of the show, hopefully.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I think Jack has moved on From Sara although
                    i think he holds a special place in his heart
                    for her as she and Jack did have Charlie.

The "sparks" flew between Jack and Sam right
                    from the very first time they met and has
                    grown from then ad since nither one of them
                    can act on this "Somthing" that is there
                    makes it even more imho exciting to watch,
                    just wish they would talk to each other though
                    as Pete is now on the scene.
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Seven
                      Sam is his female counter part in terms of toughness and understanding of his work not to mention the extrodinary amount of time they have to spend together makes the pairing a good one I think. They both know loss and the demands of their career and maybe they are content to wait until things finally change before getting involved and/or they are both personally ready?
                      That's your opinion. I have never seen them as having ANYTHING in common beyond work and I do not feel that work is enough "common ground" for any sort of romantic relationship. I think the two of them have all the sexual chemistry of a couple of rocks and no amount of explanation from fans who think they're a great couple and no amount of blatantly shippy scenes shoved down my throat by TPTB is going to make me see things any different.

They don't work for me as a couple and they never will.

Sara and Jack, on the other hand, at least made things work once. Other couples have survived personal tragedies such as theirs before. That doesn't mean that Sara and Jack could still have made things work, but the point is that I personally don't view the situation as being completely hopeless. Yes, I know TPTB only used her as a one-off, but even that brief encounter and the fact that "so much" stands in their way doesn't lessen my feeling that I, personally, speaking only for myself, feel that SHE would be infinitely better for Jack than Sam could ever hope to be.

That being said, I'd also pick a potted plant over Sam in terms of be better for Jack. Although maybe not in a shippy way. If that's the case and if Sara is an utter impossibility, I say go for Laira.

Comment

The only "Ship" I want to see on SG-1 is "Friendship"!

Sorry everyone,but I actually think the whole "Ship" thing is a massively contentious issue for too many Posters.I blame the contention on hasty writing,editing,production and other pressures on the Show itself.
                        This leads to all kinds of questions,theories,and interpretations ....fun,but causes "Minefield" divisions in Fandom,IMO!

For those who want "Sara and Jack".IMO,too late!

For those who want "Sam and Jack",I can't see massive chemistry between them,other than deep friendship.This in no way implies that S/J Shippers are in any way deluded,stupid or in any way deserving of abuse or attack.Nor am I belittling the Anti-J/S Shippers.

For anyone favouring other "Shippy pairings",good luck.

All opinions are equal!

It's all down to the Show PTB,etc as to what they offer...and it's up to each and every one of us, to decide for ourself, whether the result is acceptable.

#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~#
                        Edit :I'm not changing the prev words,as that'd be pointless.That was then,and this is now.
                        Oy ! I must have been in a real grump that day.....the fact is,I've since "come out" as a mild to moderate Shipper myself !
                        Deep friendship is good enough for me...and I have the marriage to prove it .
                        I still respect everyone's feelings and opinions,though,and I just can't hate Pete.That'd be a step too far for me.
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 October 2004, 10:08 PM.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

i think there's just too much water under the bridge and massively hurt feelings for jack and sara to ever reconcile.

maybe if he'd have chilled out 8 years ago, or right after Cold Lazarus, then maybe. but now...both of them have moved on.

I do think they're friends and i even thing sara would, if not invite jack to the wedding, tell him that she's getting married, so there's no animosity between them, but i just don't see the hurts being healed enough for them to get back together.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Shadow and Bagpuss; there was never any 'sparkage' of a romantic kind between Jack and Sam before they started shoehorning it in.

Moreover, even with the shoehorn, I couldn't feel happy with the characters I love deciding to make do with a relationship with someone who wouldn't give up the job for them. That's my real problem with pretty much _any_ relationship for Sam or Jack; the work will always be more important, because that's who they are.

Sam might one day find someone - probably a fellow military scientist she found she could work and live with - but I doubt it. Okay, she might get broody if circumstances forced her out of SG-1, a la 2010, but so long as the job is satisfying her and she's getting some from somewhere ever so often - hell, she's only human - my feeling is that she wouldn't be the marrying kind. Too many restrictions and expectations. In fact, the only time she acts like anything much is missing in that area is when the PTB randomly decide to do some 'character development' on her (for Sam, character development seems to mean moping about her love life).

Jack has that extra five years and a failed marriage behind him; I don't see him ever finding someone else, or at least not anyone who'd be any good for him. I see his focus being on his surrogate family: SG-1, Cassie and her friends, the incredible vanishing kid from The Light... He's got love and okay he too must feel the occasional need for a little <hem> basicness, but romance? Doesn't feel to me as though that that's what his life is lacking.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Seven
                              From what I have seen the death of Charlie would have always stood between them. Repairing, even if it were possible, would not be easy for the amount of time Jack spends away not to mention the fact that he couldn't tell Sara anything about where he goes and what he does.
                              I think the real relationship killer between Jack and Sara is the death of their son. Many many couples split up after that - they don't, howver, necessarily stop loving each other.

As for the 2nd part up there - I think you might be surprised at just how much the wives/husbands do know about what their other half does.
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X