• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crux Magazine take on BSG

From Crux Magazine:

Battlestar Galactica

by Ken Brown
    June 29, 2005

In a little over two weeks, my favorite show will begin its second season. Battlestar Galactica (produced by Ron Moore and David Eick) is what television should be---thought provoking, edgy, true to life where it counts but fueled by a fertile imagination and a talented cast and crew. Beginning Friday July 15 at 10/9C on the SciFi Channel, this is a show that unflinchingly confronts some of the toughest moral dilemmas in a way that is hugely entertaining, defies pat answers, and leaves an important place for the sacred and the spiritual.

Click on the link to read the entire article.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Great article! Some of my favourite bits below:
    Despite its outlandish premise, this is a show brimming over with characters and stories that are true to life. Here there are no cut and dried divisions between “good guys” and “bad guys,” no cookie-cutter storylines or simple solutions to difficult problems. Instead, we are faced with realistic, complex, imperfect people forced into a near impossible situation, struggling to do the best they can.
    Truly one of the best aspects of the show; the characters have so much depth, so many facets.

It maintains a deep belief in moral truth but an unflinching honesty about the struggles and ambiguities real people face in the struggle to survive.
    I think this is the ultimate effect of the spiritual parts of the show, and it makes it that much more powerful.

Comment

an interesting article, but the first (and so far only) reply to it on the same page is equally interesting...
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
        an interesting article, but the first (and so far only) reply to it on the same page is equally interesting...
        Absolutely: ""There is a great deal I disagree with in Galactica, but that’s OK because this is not a show that asks you to accept its worldview, but one which forces you to ask questions.""

Spot on.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
        X