Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's happened to all the cool stuff that got sent to Area 51 all these years?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's happened to all the cool stuff that got sent to Area 51 all these years?

Anyone wonder what they have done with all the cool stuff they have found over the years? I mean consider:
    1. The Linvers page turning devices with 120 goauld killing blobs were left in them. Never heard about them again. We have an antidote though.
    2. In New Ground they retreat through the gate with some of the aliens weapon sticks. Never saw any variations show up.
    3. The folks on Tagrea where the Prometheus got stranded had some interesting stuff.

and so on....anyone else remember stuff we never heard about again?
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

It's all collecting dust on a shelf somewhere or locked in a filing cabinet. At least the SGC got to keep Intarcs,
    Nmom
    sigpic

Comment

Orlins one-shot gate comes to mind. I wonder why it was never duplicated, even if it was only one shot that sort of thing could come it handy for, say, and emergency exit?
      [email protected]
      http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
      One nation under dog
      There of which I stand alone
      A face in the crowd
      Unsung, against the mold
      Without a doubt
      Singled out
      The only way I know

Comment

yeah, but you'd have to buy new toasters ever time!
        sigpic

Comment

You'd think if we could figure out Orlins gate then we could adapt the design to build our own full SG Tollan stylee.

Comment

wasn't Orlin's gate pretty much wasted after it was used? It'd be kinda hard to reverse engeneer a bunch of molten metal/circuits.....

Comment

I don't think it was "wasted" per se, but you couldn't use it again. Besides, it was incoded just to go to that one planet, you couldn't dial a different one. And it probably wasn't as advanced (no safetly precautions and such). Kidna like a stripped-down version of a gate.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Still really, really amazing for what one guy (granted, an Ascended) managed to jerry rig up. That's a great example of MacGyvering something together! I would think despite the many technologies the SGC were *not* able to acquire over the years, they have made some pretty formidable leaps like the Prometheus (which was developed amazingly quickly considering real-world development schedules of massive vehicles of any sort).

I wonder if they ever studied Teal'c's staff weapon? Or perhaps decided it was not worth the effort as it is mainly meant for psychological purposes of bringing terror onto the enemy? I wonder *who* invented those staves in the first place, and if so, why haven't they tweaked them by now so that they could auto-target and fire in different configurations (i.e. beam, pulse-burst, scatter shot, like in a video game... LOL)?
                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

If somethings worked for thousands of years, who mess with it? Remember, the Goa'uld were the ultimate force in this galaxy (save for the Nox, the Tollans, and the occasional Asgard), and no one tried to stop them. And if they did, they were probably less advanced and got wiped out. When we (the Tau'ri) came along, we messed up the balance of power.

Spoilers...

Anubis though had some type of rapid fire staff weapon device on his Kull warriors.
                  Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                  Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                  Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                  Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                  Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                  Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                  Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                    I wonder if they ever studied Teal'c's staff weapon? Or perhaps decided it was not worth the effort as it is mainly meant for psychological purposes of bringing terror onto the enemy? I wonder *who* invented those staves in the first place, and if so, why haven't they tweaked them by now so that they could auto-target and fire in different configurations (i.e. beam, pulse-burst, scatter shot, like in a video game... LOL)?

The Goauld are scavengers, so some other race probelly made the staff. And the SGC, even with the help of Bre'Tac and Teal'c would have a hard time getting enough staff weapons in the hands of the SGC. And also the staff can be pretty cumbersome in those narrow hallways of the SGC.

That covers the SGC. Now for OffWorld:

Alot of races know what a a Goauld staff weapon looks like, they won't believe that someone is using there enemys weapons. Thats like having a terorist saying to a FBI agent: ''Ummm....I took this AK-47 from the dead guy.....''. And also since people have been dealing with the Goauls for a few thousand years and more, alot of body armor have been developed. Like the bounty Hunter who kiddnaped SG-1 and tried to hand em in to Sokar (i think). And also the repucators are resistant to energy weapons (Staffs and Zats)

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

dont you guys know? all that stuff was thrown into the dimensional window and the window is now used as a grill...someone jerryrigged the device that controls the window to turn on ALL of the televisions in the country at the same time.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

What about Osiris' laser ring? Or, the gizmo ring from Demons? And wouldn't the Intars be a formidable weapon for crowd control or Iraq?

What about the ship in Nightwalkers?
                        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

What about Daniels Assistant? I'll bet hes gathering dust off there somewhere...
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                            What about Daniels Assistant? I'll bet hes gathering dust off there somewhere...
                            He was disected for scientific purposes

But Area 51 are clearly working on all that stuff (Touchstone, Smoke & Mirrors)... it takes more than a couple of years to master something like a mimic device, unless they prioritise something (Like Prometheus)...

Comment

If it wasent for the fact that this is a TV show, if there was a StarGate program, it would take like 10 or 20 years to get a large StarShip like the Prometheus up and running.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Working...
                              X