This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did Oma actually do to Anubis?

I'v just been talking to a mate at school and I was unsure about what did Oma actually do to Anubis at the end of season eight.

I think she put herself into an un-winnable struggle (for both Anubis and herself) so that both her and Anubis would be able to anything else other than deal with each other. Oma did this knowing it would basically end any kind of existance for herself other than keeping Anubis at bay. I believe she knew she could do this all along but avoided it hoping that Anubis might change his evil ways and that she could continue to help those who she deemed worth of ascending. When she realized that Anubis was planning on destroying the surrounding galaxies to "start over" and was'nt gonna get any help from fellow ascended beings, she had to take this step to make sure billions were'nt killed and the evil Anubis was'nt able to go through with his apocoliptic plans.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by swifty
      I'v just been talking to a mate at school and I was unsure about what did Oma actually do to Anubis at the end of season eight.
      She merged their energies, it appeared. She's fighting him and all he can do is fight her back. Kind of vague, I know...but that's all I've got.

Anyone else able to shed more light on the matter?

Comment

As stated above, I too believe they are locked in an eternal struggle....as ever it will be between the forces of good and evil. (Too cliche'?)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

It sounds like they are locked in an internal struggle, but that doesn't make sense because it's pretty much a half-ascended Goa'uld VS. a fully ascended Ancient. So Oma should be more powerful, right?
          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I guess she should be.. but I'm wondering if the Others are involved with it.
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Either they are locked in an eternal stuggle which can only be resolved when the others step in or they cancelled each other out.
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

The impression I got was that Oma couldn't/wasn't allowed to destroy Anubis (the others wouldn't let her), so she did the only thing she could to stop him, she pulled him into a battle that he couldn't win to keep him busy...for a very, very long time.
                She didn't do this originally, because it meant that she would not be able to interact with the mortal realm while fighting. She didn't want to give up the ablility to "meddle". But in the end Oma realized that she had created the problem and she had to fix it.
                And I wonder if that was what the others wanted her to realize all along- that messing with mortals can create problems and when you create a problem, sometimes you have to sacrifice to fix it.
                Just a thought.
                Malaka
                {Muse in Training}

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
                Do not go gentle into that good night,
                Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                  I guess she should be.. but I'm wondering if the Others are involved with it.
                  No. In my opinion, this is the only way for her to pay for the mistake she made,(or rule she broke), by helping others ascend. It is hers alone to do.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

oma is making anubis sit through nonstop recordings of kinsey singing the entire scores of cats, rent, and les miserables.

oh and evita.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

in my opinion oma sacriificed herself to destroy anubis, but i really don't know

Comment

Originally posted by Nienna
                        The impression I got was that Oma couldn't/wasn't allowed to destroy Anubis (the others wouldn't let her), so she did the only thing she could to stop him, she pulled him into a battle that he couldn't win to keep him busy...for a very, very long time.
                        She didn't do this originally, because it meant that she would not be able to interact with the mortal realm while fighting. She didn't want to give up the ablility to "meddle". But in the end Oma realized that she had created the problem and she had to fix it.
                        And I wonder if that was what the others wanted her to realize all along- that messing with mortals can create problems and when you create a problem, sometimes you have to sacrifice to fix it.
                        Just a thought.
                        I totally agree.. I think the others wanted Oma to realise the gravity of her mistake, and she probably could have destroyed Anubis, but would have incurred the others wrath in doing so. The only choice left for her was one that she was unwilling to make, or didn't see until Daniel forced her to see... was to forgo an unwinable battle by keeping Anubis occupied so that he couldn't cause his mischiefs.

I wouldn't be surprised if both Oma and Anubis still exist in some form on the higher planes, locked in this state where all Anubis can do is respond back to Oma's attacks.
                        Oh Furlings oh Furlings... wherefore art thou Furlings???
                        ... Anyone seen them?

Comment

while the writers said anubis and replicaters have been dealt with they didn't say there's no more replis in another galaxy. anusbis and oma are in eternal struggle. ya think daniel was gonna do the same in season 6 finale? tho if they want to they'll prolly bring him back

Comment

Originally posted by swifty
                            oh, yeah, I fergot about that

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

"Half Ascended" was a term used to describe his appearence in Season 6 which suggested he had failed to Ascend.

However the fact he retained a pressence in the higher plains of existance (Jim) suggests he was at full power, only bound by the rules.
                              This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

Working...
                              X