This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis looks different.

If you look at pictures we first saw of Atlantis (like at StargateAtlantis.com) and what we see in the preview, it looks like two different cities. In the photos it looks more futuristic and in the preview in looks almost like ancient ruins. Wonder why it looks different?

I think the pictures on MGM website were created for promotion purposes and was created without the input BW and RC and the rest of Atlantis team. Although I do have to agree with you that the MGM website pictures of the city make it look more futuristic compared to the preview pictures of the city.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      I think the pictures on MGM website were created for promotion purposes and was created without the input BW and RC and the rest of Atlantis team. Although I do have to agree with you that the MGM website pictures of the city make it look more futuristic compared to the preview pictures of the city.
      This could lead to some people being disappointed, if they have not kept up with the series to understand whats going on.

Comment

anyone have a really high quality pic of the final Atlantis city design from the trailer or any other sourc e? all the ones i've seen are so small you can't make out any details.

Comment

Originally posted by SG_Mike
          This could lead to some people being disappointed, if they have not kept up with the series to understand whats going on.
          That's just what i think has happened
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I like the one in the preview better anyways. It seems weird the such an advanced civilization would have something that looks like it was millions of years old even when they first built it. Then again if you think about it, maybe it was to hide the fact that they were so advanced. I don't now, just guessing but sounds right.

Comment

Well the city was built millions of years ago. All we have ever seen of the Anients cities were ruins so who knows, but I was hoping it would look slightly mordern.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Why should something Ancient look modern? I think it would be, well, ancient.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Because even when the "died" millions of years ago there were thousands and thousand years ahead of us.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Don't forget that Atlantis had a shield protecting it from the natural elements, presumably. Plus, it could have had some type of restoration feature that kept on repairing the buildings -- we don't know really how far the Ancients advanced in certain areas.
                    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Swarms of Michael Crichton Nanothings that routinely repair toilets and scrub shower scum....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        Swarms of Michael Crichton Nanothings that routinely repair toilets and scrub shower scum....
                        Can you send some of those Nanothings to my house? I mean, heck, if they scrub and repair...
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X