PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis looks different.

Wrathox
June 16th, 2004, 10:51 PM
If you look at pictures we first saw of Atlantis (like at StargateAtlantis.com) and what we see in the preview, it looks like two different cities. In the photos it looks more futuristic and in the preview in looks almost like ancient ruins. Wonder why it looks different?

Wass
June 17th, 2004, 02:35 AM
I think the pictures on MGM website were created for promotion purposes and was created without the input BW and RC and the rest of Atlantis team. Although I do have to agree with you that the MGM website pictures of the city make it look more futuristic compared to the preview pictures of the city.

SG_Mike
June 17th, 2004, 03:13 AM
I think the pictures on MGM website were created for promotion purposes and was created without the input BW and RC and the rest of Atlantis team. Although I do have to agree with you that the MGM website pictures of the city make it look more futuristic compared to the preview pictures of the city.

This could lead to some people being disappointed, if they have not kept up with the series to understand whats going on.

tfalls1
June 17th, 2004, 04:03 AM
anyone have a really high quality pic of the final Atlantis city design from the trailer or any other sourc e? all the ones i've seen are so small you can't make out any details.

Wass
June 17th, 2004, 05:12 AM
This could lead to some people being disappointed, if they have not kept up with the series to understand whats going on.

That's just what i think has happened

Wrathox
June 17th, 2004, 08:43 AM
I like the one in the preview better anyways. It seems weird the such an advanced civilization would have something that looks like it was millions of years old even when they first built it. Then again if you think about it, maybe it was to hide the fact that they were so advanced. I don't now, just guessing but sounds right.

David85
June 17th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Well the city was built millions of years ago. All we have ever seen of the Anients cities were ruins so who knows, but I was hoping it would look slightly mordern.

KorbenDirewolf
June 17th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Why should something Ancient look modern? I think it would be, well, ancient.

David85
June 17th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Because even when the "died" millions of years ago there were thousands and thousand years ahead of us.

SGSlugger
June 17th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Don't forget that Atlantis had a shield protecting it from the natural elements, presumably. Plus, it could have had some type of restoration feature that kept on repairing the buildings -- we don't know really how far the Ancients advanced in certain areas.

Mio
June 17th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Swarms of Michael Crichton Nanothings that routinely repair toilets and scrub shower scum....

Nolamom
June 18th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Swarms of Michael Crichton Nanothings that routinely repair toilets and scrub shower scum....

Can you send some of those Nanothings to my house? I mean, heck, if they scrub and repair...