• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What changes do you want for s8 ?

Mine would be: more Teal'c -> Jaffa Resistance & Chulak
    more evil egyptian Goa'uld
    more stargate exploring

More Anubis (hope in some way he survived)

Comment

More boom-boom, and more guns. More Jack. More Bra'tac. More Jacob.
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Bigger battles. Bigger explosions

And a hell of a lot more Anubis!
        __

__

Comment

some spoilers...
          evidently there will be less boom boom stuff (lower dollar rate)
          there will likely be no anubis - due to TLC part 2.
          there will be less gate travel - lower dollar, and jack's promotion mean more SGC stuff and less off world stuff.
          less Jack - due to schedule stuff.

man,you guys are setting yourself up for big disappointments.

Comment

You may be right, but I know we see Anubis at the beginning of the season. I'm hoping that he escapes
            __

__

Comment

More Jack, more team-oriented stuff, more CG effects, better production values (a lot of the sets like the Goa'uld ships look like plastic!), ect.
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Better stories, more team, more exploration, less politics, less blatant S/J ship and a return to high production values and the sense that the people involved actually CARE about the show and aren't just going through the motions and/or whipping up plots because they HAVE to, not because they want to and have a great idea.

Comment

Why do so many people seem to resent the political side of SG1 I like the way we see how the political system of the US/Earth effects the running of a secret program like the SGC, it's been happening since season one why are people complaining now, after TLC let's face it the UN is gonna need to be broungt in on the project and it could lead to some cool political power struggles in some episodes.

Maybe Dybua could guest, if they tell him the Stargates a paddling pool he might jump in

Comment

I have always hated politics, all of my life and I have always hated the political eps of Stargate. I am objecting now because the way I see it, there are more and more political eps and less and less exploration/alien threat eps. I'm watching Stargate because it's SCIENCE FICTION. If I want politics I'll watch West Wing.

EDIT: Hmm... maybe that should be I watched Stargate...
                    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 17 June 2004, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Sam and Jack to sit down and TALK to each other
                      about how they feel and i want to see some sort
                      of fall out about Pete and the way he checked
                      up on Sam.
                      More Teal'c, more about the retou oh and i'd love more of what made Stargate great and that
                      is the history side of things, other than that
                      what i've read about s8 is looking good to me
                      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                        Why do so many people seem to resent the political side of SG1 I like the way we see how the political system of the US/Earth effects the running of a secret program like the SGC, it's been happening since season one why are people complaining now, after TLC let's face it the UN is gonna need to be broungt in on the project and it could lead to some cool political power struggles in some episodes.

Maybe Dybua could guest, if they tell him the Stargates a paddling pool he might jump in

LOL Dubya, paddling pool LOL

And I'm with you, the politics have always been part of the show. In the storyline, the politics not only make sense but are necessary and may in fact be the most important issue if anyone ever actually wants humanity to become the 5th race. SG-1, the SGC, the USAF and the USA cannot do it alone. Striving towards becoming the 5th Race means politics and dealing with issues here on Earth.

As long as there was an imminent threat to the safety of Earth it was acceptable that the SGC went around doing exploration for the purpose of reconnaissance and gathering tech in order to defend Earth. However, once the imminent threat is contained, the bigger picture must be addressed. In the big picture we are a fractured planet that has no solid footing from which to embark into the community of the galaxy and/or universe. Until we get our own house in order how can we even call ourselves we in our dealings with other planets and peoples.

So what I want in season 8 is exactly what they seem to be moving towards.
                        Last edited by zebrok; 17 June 2004, 07:07 AM.

Comment

I certainly want more Teal'c and him to actually say something for once!
                          __

__

Comment

What I want is for the SGC to start using tactics. i want them to assault a planet, a naquada mine for example. I want the BC-303 with F-302:s, also carrying some heavier earth stuff. I want snipers, rebel jaffa and bazookas and everything!

I also want more space battles. And more more thing.... i want LONGER battles, not just <1min.

EDIT:

Small spoiler for Prometheus Unbound

I also want SGC to start developing new weapons. Like the race on PU. The Kull Warriors for example. Make a rifle that fires small plasma bolts. I also want something like the drone anubis used in TLC1. IMO the tok'ra should help with this. Should also equip the rebel jaffa with better armor, weapons and tactics.

Comment

More battles would be great, but they do have a budget limit for each episode. That's why we generally only see these *big* battles towards the end of the season where they get more money for a finale
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X