PDA

View Full Version : The Daniel in S9 Sweepstakes...

Madeleine
June 28th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Right everyone, as discussed in the Daniel thread, we're having a sweepstakes to see who can best predict how whumped, walloped, looney, dead, imprisoned and so forth our lad ends up in the course of the next twenty episodes.

There are ten categories. Simply c&p the list, and for the first nine add a number that you think will be the tally of that type of occurrence for Daniel in s9. For the final one, you can list any specific predictions.

The winner gets, um... Much Kudos. And probably a few rep points from the rest of us :D. And the right to wear a hat that says "I won the GW s9 Dannywhump Sweepstake", I suppose.

Spoilers will be coming thick and fast soon, so the contest will close on 7th July. Anyone who wants to use this thread after that time to give a running tally is welcome. If anything is disputed ("did he get zatted or just fall over?") then I'll try and get another mod to decide*.

I'll enter, but I'm not going first cos I don't want to nab all the best numbers ;).Off you go!

*ie start planning your bribes now.

The List

1. Death
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence
3. Bondage
4. Imprisonment
5. Beatings / Torture
6. Forcible Abductions
7. Loss of Consciousness
8. Confinement to Sick Bed
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above

shipper hannah
June 28th, 2005, 11:47 AM
i hope he doesn't die again...

shipper hannah
June 28th, 2005, 11:48 AM
i'm gonna go with bondage and gettin shot for season 10

shipper hannah
June 28th, 2005, 11:48 AM
oops i mean s9

Suebsg9
June 28th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Right everyone, as discussed in the Daniel thread, we're having a sweepstakes to see who can best predict how whumped, walloped, looney, dead, imprisoned and so forth our lad ends up in the course of the next twenty episodes.

There are ten categories. Simply c&p the list, and for the first nine add a number that you think will be the tally of that type of occurrence for Daniel in s9. For the final one, you can list any specific predictions.

The winner gets, um... Much Kudos. And probably a few rep points from the rest of us :D. And the right to wear a hat that says "I won the GW s9 Dannywhump Sweepstake", I suppose.

Spoilers will be coming thick and fast soon, so the contest will close on 7th July. Anyone who wants to use this thread after that time to give a running tally is welcome. If anything is disputed ("did he get zatted or just fall over?") then I'll try and get another mod to decide*.

I'll enter, but I'm not going first cos I don't want to nab all the best numbers ;).Off you go!

The List

3. Bondage
4. Imprisonment
5. Beatings / Torture
6. Forcible Abductions
7. Loss of Consciousness

The List

3. Bondage
5. Beatings / Torture
6. Forcible Abductions
7. Loss of Consciousness

i am guessing these are gonna happen at least in the first half of the season hard to say about second half!

blingaway
June 28th, 2005, 12:01 PM
The List

1. Death 0
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence 2
3. Bondage 12
4. Imprisonment 4
5. Beatings / Torture 16
6. Forcible Abductions 3
7. Loss of Consciousness 7
8. Confinement to Sick Bed 5
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 13
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above I'm expecting 1 cardiac arrest

Madeleine
June 28th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Okay Sue and hannah, I think I explained it poorly :o but Bling has the idea. Copy her, willya? :)

whisper99
June 28th, 2005, 12:08 PM
1. Death - 0 -
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 2 -
3. Bondage - 5 -
4. Imprisonment - 2 -
5. Beatings / Torture - 8 -
6. Forcible Abductions - 3 -
7. Loss of Consciousness - 7 -
8. Confinement to Sick Bed - 2 -
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 4 -
We'll get to see him sneeze because he forgets to take his allergy medication! :)

Jillybiehn
June 28th, 2005, 12:12 PM
The List

1. Death Zero! (I hope...)
3. Bondage 5
4. Imprisonment 5
5. Beatings / Torture 3
6. Forcible Abductions 2
7. Loss of Consciousness 5
8. Confinement to Sick Bed 2
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 5
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above 4

Frostfox
June 28th, 2005, 12:19 PM
1. Death = 0 (please, please, please, enough is enough)
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence = 2
3. Bondage = 3 (we can hope for more, indeed blingy certainly is!)
4. Imprisonment = 3
5. Beatings / Torture = 5
6. Forcible Abductions = 3
7. Loss of Consciousness = 10
8. Confinement to Sick Bed = 4
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon = 10 (mostly zats)
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above = My wild card is blindness

And a partridge in a pear tree.
Poor lad.

Queen Eleta
June 28th, 2005, 12:20 PM
The List

1. Death At least once
3. Bondage 9
4. Imprisonment 5
5. Beatings / Torture 5
6. Forcible Abductions 2
7. Loss of Consciousness 10
8. Confinement to Sick Bed 1
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 6

blingaway
June 28th, 2005, 12:27 PM
And a partridge in a pear tree.
Poor lad.

I was thinking that too, when I was tallying up the last few seasons' pain and death for spreadsheet analysis. Looking at his lifetime numbers, he really is the galactic whipping boy isn't he?

Mr Prophet
June 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
The List

1. Death 0
3. Bondage 1
4. Imprisonment 5
5. Beatings / Torture 3
6. Forcible Abductions 1
7. Loss of Consciousness 2 (he's getting tougher, you know)
8. Confinement to Sick Bed 0
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 1
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above Eaten and excreted whole by a giant space weevil named Gerald.

High hopes for the last one.

Frostfox
June 28th, 2005, 12:33 PM
when I was tallying up the last few seasons' pain and death for spreadsheet analysis.

Um, bling, has anyone ever told you that you have too much time on your hands?

blingaway
June 28th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Um, bling, has anyone ever told you that you have too much time on your hands?

What? I wanted to make informed decisions. :p

Feli
June 28th, 2005, 12:44 PM
If anything is disputed ("did he get zatted or just fall over?") then I'll try and get another mod to decide*.

I volunteer! A list of adequate bribes will follow soon... ;)

mazzmatazz
June 28th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Man, I'm not even going to try if Bling's anaylsed it.

I bet she even drew graphs :eek:

Switch42
June 28th, 2005, 12:49 PM
The List

1. Death 0
3. Bondage 3
4. Imprisonment 2
5. Beatings / Torture 3
6. Forcible Abductions 4
8. Confinement to Sick Bed 4
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 21
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above I suspect that there will be 1 instance of Daniel running into a tree/wall/some other such suitable object after loosing his glasses....AGAIN

Kerri :D

SazZat
June 28th, 2005, 12:51 PM
this is interesting :-)

1. Death 2
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence 4
3. Bondage 5
4. Imprisonment 3
5. Beatings / Torture 2
6. Forcible Abductions 4
7. Loss of Consciousness 6
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 11
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above 1

mazzmatazz
June 28th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Ok, here goes...

1. Death 1
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence 1
3. Bondage 2/3
4. Imprisonment 4
5. Beatings / Torture 3/4 - I'll bet he's walloped at least once by Vala
6. Forcible Abductions 2
7. Loss of Consciousness 2
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon Lots... erm, at least once an episode...
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above Pity he's already had his appendix out :p so... erm... I'll go with... horrendous photoshop accident that leads to him being a disturbing hue for most of the episode?

chachu64
June 28th, 2005, 01:16 PM
The List

1. Death -- No, please!
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence -- 0
3. Bondage -- At least once :p
4. Imprisonment -- 5
5. Beatings / Torture -- 2
6. Forcible Abductions -- 0
7. Loss of Consciousness -- 20 (at least one per episode!)
8. Confinement to Sick Bed -- 5
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon -- 10
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above. -- They will discover that Oma returned him with his appendix and it will burst again!

Fanwoman
June 28th, 2005, 01:28 PM
1. Death 0 [please, please]
3. Bondage 2
5. Beatings / Torture 8
6. Forcible Abductions 2
8. Confinement to Sick Bed 2
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above 2

Sue_Jackson
June 28th, 2005, 03:37 PM
1. Death: 1 (I seriously hope not.....but you never know)
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence: 2
3. Bondage: 4 (Oh...I hope so) ;)
4. Imprisonment: 10
5. Beatings / Torture: 5
6. Forcible Abductions: 4 (which usually leads up to #3)
7. Loss of Consciousness: 4
8. Confinement to Sick Bed: 3
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon: 8 (He's gonna at least get hit with Zats)
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above: Hey.....you never know.....this time he might need a kidney stone removed. ;) (Which means.....another scar near the groin area. ;) :p :D )

TechnoWraith
June 28th, 2005, 04:12 PM
In all honesty, I'm not a Daniel follower, but this seems like fun, so I'll try it anyway. ;)

The List

1. Death - 1 - (Can't let the record for "Ascending the Most Number of Times" slip by us here, can we? :p )
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 3 -
3. Bondage - 2 -
4. Imprisonment - 3 -
5. Beatings / Torture - 3 -
6. Forcible Abductions - 4 -
7. Loss of Consciousness - 4 -
8. Confinement to Sick Bed - 2 -
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 127.54 - :p
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above: Maybe Daniel will get launched into this alternate plane where he finds out how to safely harness the power of Naquadria, but in the process, he trips and falls on a textbook and meets a Furling doctor who tells him how to meet the Furlings. While on the way to meet the Furlings, the gate malfunctions and launches Daniel to the Wraith homeworld where Steve volunteers him for Wraith food, but Daniel finds a way to escape, and steals a Wraith cargo ship and pilots it home to earth where the anti-Wraith defense system destroys the ship where as Danile wakes up, catapulted back to his 'real reality', when he realizes he forgot to step through the Quantum Mirror to return to his "supposed real reality" where upon he steps through the Quantum Mirror, which sends him to an alternate plane... :p :D

L-JADE
June 28th, 2005, 04:59 PM
1. Death 1 - coz it's a basic requirement to get S10 :D
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence 5 combined
3. Bondage 5
4. Imprisonment 5
5. Beatings / Torture 5
6. Forcible Abductions 3
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon uh .. 10 :eek:
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above : Root canal! hang nail! and alopecia! :p

LMichelle
June 28th, 2005, 05:01 PM
1. Death - 1
2. Insanity/Possession/Alien Influence - 7
3. Bondage - 4 (Personally, I'm looking forward to it and it wouldn't hurt if he had a blindfold on, either ;) )
4. Imprisonment - 10
5. Beatings/Torture - 15
6. Forcible Abductions - 4
7. LOC - 20
8. Confinement to sick bed - 11
9. Being shot by any weapon - 25
10. Dark Horse Category- ??? there's no telling with this one :D

meimei
June 28th, 2005, 05:23 PM
The List

1. Death Let's see hasn't he died or been presumed dead at least once in each season? I would guess at least one presumed dead.
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence Three... Four if you count Vala as an alien influence... Five if he starts channeling Jack around Mitchell!
3. Bondage Is there ever a thing such as too much bondage? Hmmm... I'll stay away from wishful thinking and say Four
4. Imprisonment I'll say four cause Bondage and Imprisonment seem to go hand in chain... Er, hand in hand?
5. Beatings / Torture Got Whump? *giggle* *giggle* *snort* Well, since we know Vala's around... Eight!
6. Forcible Abductions Hmmm... Three... Four, if I can figure out how to get to Vancouver.
7. Loss of Consciousness Well, I guess this would include zatting so Nine!
8. Confinement to Sick Bed Three
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon Five Implying that some of these are zats, which leads us back to #7...
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above Oh, what a wide category... I could say something about Vala and STD's but that wouldn't be very nice... So I'll leave this one for better imaginations than mine! *giggle* *giggle* *snort* Gerald! ROTFLMAO! I'll just say at least one off the wall incident! Considering Danny's propensity for weird sh.... er, stuff, that's leaving a lot of leeway.

emily_reich
June 28th, 2005, 06:01 PM
eh, what the hell :P here we go...

1. Death 1
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence 4
3. Bondage 1
4. Imprisonment 5
5. Beatings / Torture 1
6. Forcible Abductions 2
7. Loss of Consciousness 9
8. Confinement to Sick Bed 0
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 2
hmmm... i think he might get slapped by vala a few times ;) ... does that count?? :P

erinanderson
June 28th, 2005, 07:55 PM
The List

1. Death 0 (probably, it's getting a little old)
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence 6 (Daniel always seems to be possesed or considered insane at least half a dozen times a season)
3. Bondage 5 (I going to say that the new bad guys tie him up a few times)
4. Imprisonment 7 (my favorite number)
5. Beatings / Torture 20 (Vala will knock him around a fair few I reckon)
6. Forcible Abductions 2
7. Loss of Consciousness 10 (mostly due to Zats)
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon 20 (mostly Zats again)
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above I'm expecting at least a couple instances of presumed death....

Madeleine
June 28th, 2005, 08:40 PM
1. Death - 0 (but Thor might cop it)
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 1 (that one never tops one per season, right?)
3. Bondage - 3 (Bling, get your photoshop ready)
4. Imprisonment - 4
5. Beatings / Torture - 3
6. Forcible Abductions - 2
7. Loss of Consciousness - 3
8. Confinement to Sick Bed - 4
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 2
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above - trampled in some sort of stampede.

Feli, it's shoes, right?

CKO
June 28th, 2005, 09:33 PM
1. Death - 1, oh has to be at least once... i mean c'mon its daniel we're talkin' bout.
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 3 or 4, dependin' on the sitation and how it happened
3. Bondage - at least 15, seein' as in almost every eppy, he's been either captured or whumped
4. Imprisonment - 5 or 6, if he's willin' to talk.
5. Beatings / Torture - 8 or 9, he's just so whumpable
6. Forcible Abductions - 2 or 3, cuz there has to be a few times where he's forced against his will
7. Loss of Consciousness - 15+ due to bein' whumped, hurt, tied up.
8. Confinement to Sick Bed - 7 or 8 cuz ya never know when he'll try to get outta the bed and walk away while injured
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 9 or 10 at least due to bein' shot at by a zat, staff weapon ect.
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above - 2 or 3, taken over by alliens or another serious injury due to a wee lil dog that has a very powerful bite.

GateWarrior
June 28th, 2005, 10:59 PM
YAY Madeleine!
Thanks for making this thread!
(sorry if I got a little anal on you. :o )
This looks great! :D

The List

1. Death = I'm gonna go with 0 on this one, but next season!.....(*praying* please please let there be a s10!)Although, being presumed dead could happen at least once.

2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence =If it's multiple sessions with the one entity, then... 1 ... but if it's every session regardless of perpetrator(s), then... 5

3. Bondage =I'm gonna have to go with... 5 on this one.

4. Imprisonment =I'll say... 6 for this one.

5. Beatings / Torture =OoOoOo a beating... ummm... 8.

6. Forcible Abductions =does that include mine? :p Seriously though... uh, 4.

7. Loss of Consciousness =Ah, that's a tough one. The boy does like to be unconscious. Let's see... I'll guess 9.

8. Confinement to Sick Bed =Hmmm... TPTB & Michael will probably want to put Daniel there fairly often since "you-know-who" will be in residence. So I'm gonna hazard a guess at... 5.

9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon =This is a tough one too. He's always throwing himself in front of weapons. How about... 8.

10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above =I'm gonna go with an easy one here. A good bump on the head from either falling or walking/running into something. At least twice. Oh, and 1 cold/flu, and 1 really nasty paper-cut. :D

LoneStar1836
June 28th, 2005, 11:07 PM
The List

1. Death - 0 *I'm assuming this means he actually dies & not presumed dead.*
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 2
3. Bondage - 4
4. Imprisonment - 3
5. Beatings / Torture - 7
6. Forcible Abductions - 4
7. Loss of Consciousness - 8
8. Confinement to Sick Bed - 3
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 12
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above Ė another fire extinguisher to the you know what. That or he takes a general hit to that area by being kicked or struck with a staff weapon (not actually shot) or stepped on in Madeleine's stampede :P. Iím betting the writers didnít get that out of their system in PU. :rolleyes: *Iím a Daniel fan, so Iím not actually wishing for that, but I can see it happening again.* HmmÖ..I guess this falls under beatings though, but Iím being specific with where and with what. And I wouldnít consider that a ďgeneralĒ injury. ;)

Or.........there is just your everyday beating involving a fire extinguisher. A fire extinguisher will make an appearance dammit.....even if it's just hanging on the wall of the SGC. :D

Feli
June 29th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Feli, it's shoes, right?

Oh no, shoes is an old hat. For this I expect something much better!

Kliggins
June 29th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Feli, it's shoes, right?

Only if they are Birkenstocks, I think. Chocolate usually works well and a certain parts of RDA's anatomy. :p :D

Shouldn't Meimei have been using the spreadsheet analysis? :rolleyes:

meimei
June 29th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Only if they are Birkenstocks, I think. Chocolate usually works well and a certain parts of RDA's anatomy. :p :D

Shouldn't Meimei have been using the spreadsheet analysis? :rolleyes:
Who says I didn't?

Feli
June 29th, 2005, 04:27 AM

Ahem! I'd like to clarify that we're talking about pictures of his eyes and arms here...!

*quietly slinks out of the thread*

You all know where to find me if you need me. :)

keshou
June 29th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Always fun to contemplate Danny being "whumped" so I'll take a stab at this one. :D

1. Death 0
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence 3
3. Bondage 4 (is this supposed to be just Vala? Or all instances of bondage? ;)
4. Imprisonment 5
5. Beatings / Torture 6
6. Forcible Abductions 3
10. Dark Horse Category:General Injuries/Illnesses Not Related to the Above
2 in the Dark Horse category

#1 In the episode tentatively titled "Daniels Brain", Daniel will have his brain surgically removed from his body and used to operate an underground alien brothel :p

#2 In the episode tentatively titled "Freaky Friday", Daniel will be miniaturized during a gate malfunction and spend the rest of the episode being stepped on by the SGC personnel. He finally manages to get Vala's attention after shimmying up a rope and dropping into her cleavage. ;) :D

shipper hannah
June 29th, 2005, 06:51 AM
ok, got it this time..
1. Death - 0 -hopefully..
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence -3
3. Bondage - 5
4. Imprisonment - 4
5. Beatings / Torture - 4
6. Forcible Abductions - 3
7. Loss of Consciousness - 8
8. Confinement to Sick Bed - 2
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 3
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above - 3

Suebsg9
June 29th, 2005, 07:04 AM
1. Death - 0
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence -4
3. Bondage - 2
4. Imprisonment - 5
5. Beatings / Torture - 3
6. Forcible Abductions - 2
7. Loss of Consciousness - 7
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 2
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above - 4

here are my guesses redone since very stupidily didn't get it the first time apologize madeline :)

Mr Prophet
June 29th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Did I also mention that, after eating Daniel, Gerald (see avatar) will become a member of SG-1 and form a close friendship with Daniel? You watch and see.

gatehorse
July 2nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
1. Death-1 (you know he'll be back if it does happen)
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence-2
3. Bondage-3
4. Imprisonment-3
5. Beatings / Torture-4
6. Forcible Abductions-3
7. Loss of Consciousness-6
8. Confinement to Sick Bed-5
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon-15
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above-Hmmm, I don't know, maybe presumed deaths could be put here...he'll probably have at least one.

Switch42
July 18th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I figured that since Season 9 has now started, we could use an "official" count on The List. Madeleine, please let me know if I step on your toes. I do not mean to. I'm just really bored at work and want something "fun" to do. :D

Here we go:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 1
3. Bondage - 1
4. Imprisonment - 0
5. Beatings / Torture - 0
6. Forcible Abductions - 0
7. Loss of Consciousness - 1
8. Confinement to Sick Bed - 1
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon - 0
10. Dark Horse Category: General Illness / Illness Not Related to the Above - 0

There are a few questions though: Is the bracelet considered a form of bondage? I say yes, others may say no. It is to me as it is restricting his movements. He is kept tied to Vala. (Total side note, who thinks he looked hot with it on?) Is it a form of Alien Influence? Again, I say yes, as while it does not affect his mental capabilities as usual, it could kill him.

So, those are my thoughts. Agree? Yes? No?

Kerri

mazzmatazz
July 18th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Total side note, who thinks he looked hot with it on?

Only if it doubles up as a razor :p

Tucker Case
July 18th, 2005, 12:10 PM
There are a few questions though: Is the bracelet considered a form of bondage? I say yes, others may say no.

I say yes, as well, simply given the original, intended use of the bracelet (i.e., enabling a Jaffa to maintain control of a prisoner during transport).

I'm less certain on the question of alien influence, since the device, while it limits his choices, does not affect his behaviour. Mind you, Vala is a alien, and she certainly affects his behaviour, but I'm not sure that counts, either. ;) I'm easy, though.

Er...I mean...*cough* What was the question? Does the bracelet look hot on him?

Oh, goodness, yes. :)

Tucker

Switch42
July 22nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
After episode 2, here are the standings:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 1
3. Bondage - 1
4. Imprisonment - 0
5. Beatings / Torture - 0
7. Loss of Consciousness - 2

So, not too much of a change from last week. Great ep, though. :)

Kerri

Seshat
July 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
I figured that since Season 9 has now started, we could use an "official" count on The List. Madeleine, please let me know if I step on your toes. I do not mean to. I'm just really bored at work and want something "fun" to do. :D

Here we go:

1. Is the bracelet considered a form of bondage?
I say yes, others may say no. It is to me as it is restricting his movements. He is kept tied to Vala.
2. (Total side note, who thinks he looked hot with it on?)
3. Is it a form of Alien Influence? Again, I say yes, as while it does not affect his mental capabilities as usual, it could kill him.

I'd say absolutely yes to all three questions. With a side note of you betcha! for Question Number 2. ;)

emily_reich
July 23rd, 2005, 02:06 AM
wow, i'd completely forgotten bout this thread :o can't be missin out on the fun now! :p

There are a few questions though: Is the bracelet considered a form of bondage? I say yes, others may say no. It is to me as it is restricting his movements. He is kept tied to Vala. (Total side note, who thinks he looked hot with it on?) Is it a form of Alien Influence? Again, I say yes, as while it does not affect his mental capabilities as usual, it could kill him.

So, those are my thoughts. Agree? Yes? No?

well.... :p

as i'm not a daniel thunker, but i am whumper for sure, i'll say absolutely for one and three and a "definately for the thunkers" on number 2 ;)

now i have one other debatable question... is being stuck in that room with the ceiling coming down count for either imprisonment OR the dark horse catagory??? i mean... imminent death, no matter how certain we are he's gonna avoid it is still some kind of whump, right?? ;)

Sue_Jackson
July 23rd, 2005, 11:19 AM
My predictions for Season 9:

1. Death: 1 (I seriously hope not.....but you never know)
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence: 2
3. Bondage: 4 (Oh...I hope so) ;)
4. Imprisonment: 10
5. Beatings / Torture: 5
6. Forcible Abductions: 4 (which usually leads up to #3)
7. Loss of Consciousness: 4
8. Confinement to Sick Bed: 3
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon: 8 (He's gonna at least get hit with Zats)
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above: Hey.....you never know.....this time he might need a kidney stone removed. ;) (Which means.....another scar near the groin area. ;) :p :D )

SPOILER SPACE (the spoiler thingy is not working right for me)
So far:

1. Death: 0
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence: 1 (kinda) He possessed someone elses body instead. Does that count? :p
3. Bondage: 1 - those bracelets that Vala put on him...and herself
4. Imprisonment: 1 - trapped inside Harrid's body by that Ancient device
5. Beatings / Torture: not yet
6. Forcible Abductions: 1 - the Ancient stone/device stole Daniel's consciousness and put him inside Harrid's body ;)
7. Loss of Consciousness: 2 - once while wearing the bracelets and was separated from Vala.....and....then...from Ancient communication device.....although....Daniel never really lost consciousness....it's just transferred it into Harrid's body ;)
8. Confinement to Sick Bed: 2 - once from Vala's Ancient bracelets....and then form that Ancient communication device
9. Being Shot by Any Form of Weapon: not yet
10. Dark Horse Category: General Injuries / Illnesses Not Related to the Above: That fur on Daniel's face eating up that gorgeous face. Needs to get rid of it fast. :D

So...uh...how's that? And....that's just 2 episodes.:D

Mr Prophet
July 24th, 2005, 12:56 AM
7. Loss of Consciousness: 2 - once while wearing the bracelets and was separated from Vala.....and....then...from Ancient communication device.....although....Daniel never really lost consciousness....it's just transferred it into Harrid's body ;)

So not so much he lost consciousness as his consciousness lost him?

Switch42
July 29th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Now after Avalon Part 3, the count stands at:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 3.5
4. Imprisonment - 0
5. Beatings / Torture - 2.5
7. Loss of Consciousness - 2

I am not adding to numbers 7 & 8 as the instances from this week are just a continuation from last week. So, it's not really a new development. :)

So, the new developments are: beating when getting dragged to the ring of fire; posessed by Harrid temporarily; bondage & torture in the ring of fire thingy; .5 each for bondage & beating for when he was tossed against the wall. Wow. This was quite the busy episode for Daniel. See ya next week!

Kerri

Switch42
August 5th, 2005, 04:59 PM
"The Ties That Bind" bring the current counts to:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 0

The new stuff from this week includes: loss of consciousness. And that's it. Light episode. But after last week I think Danny deserved the break. :D Edit: Updated to add the bondage as indication by Tucker. Thank you very much.

Kerri

Tucker Case
August 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
The new stuff from this week includes: loss of consciousness. And that's it. Light episode. But after last week I think Danny deserved the break. :D

Psst!

There was bondage. Sure, it might have been "part of the plan," but the boy's hands were bound behind his back. And he and Vala were taken prisoner, after a fashion - locked in a cell in the cargo ship and everything.

Tucker,
really doesn't pay attention to these things at all, oh no

Switch42
August 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Psst!

There was bondage. Sure, it might have been "part of the plan," but the boy's hands were bound behind his back. And he and Vala were taken prisoner, after a fashion - locked in a cell in the cargo ship and everything.

Tucker,
really doesn't pay attention to these things at all, oh no

OMG! How could I have forgotten that! Thank you very much. Updating the list now......

Kerri

Switch42
August 12th, 2005, 05:01 PM
After the "The Powers That Be" we now have....

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 0

The new stuff from this week includes: Nothing. No Daniel whumping this week. Next week better make up for that. ;)

Kerri

Switch42
August 19th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Beachhead brings us to...

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 0
7. Loss of Consciousness - 4

The new stuff from this week includes: Loss of consciousness, confinement to sick bed. So, not too bad. But, sadly, we mourn the loss of Vala. :( With any hope it will not be permanent. At least, it better not be.

This weekend I'll go through what people have voted and see what the standings are.

Kerri

Switch42
September 16th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Well, things have been light these last 2 weeks. Let's see if a double header will give us any more action. ;)

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 0
5. Beatings / Torture - 3.5

The new stuff from this week includes: Little whumpin by the Sodan Jaffa. And that's all folks!! Hopefully more to come in the back end of the season.

Kerri

gatehorse
September 17th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Can't believe he hasn't died yet! :rolleyes: :p

Switch42
October 21st, 2005, 05:43 PM
I just did the mid-season tally*, and so far, here are the top 3 rankings:

****DRUM ROLL PLEASE****

1. Lonestar1863
2. chachu64
3. keshou

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

The contest will start back up in January when the new episodes return to the Sci-Fi channel.

Kerri

*Votes were tallied by taking everyone's guesses and dividing by two then comparing to the tally so far.

Switch42
January 6th, 2006, 05:18 PM
New episodes return! On with the whumping!!!

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 0

Nothin' new! Aww man! Everyone got in on the whumpin' but Daniel. Even Landry! WTF? ;)

Kerri

Frostfox
January 8th, 2006, 11:57 AM
New episodes return! On with the whumping!!!

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 0

Nothin' new! Aww man! Everyone got in on the whumpin' but Daniel. Even Landry! WTF? ;)

Kerri

This one had imprisonment, Cam and Danny were locked up by the Sodan.

FF

Switch42
January 8th, 2006, 01:37 PM
This one had imprisonment, Cam and Danny were locked up by the Sodan.

FF

Ah, yes. Kinda forgot about that as it was almost their idea to get captured. Sorta. OK. So with that we have:
THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 1

Kerri

Frostfox
January 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Ah, yes. Kinda forgot about that as it was almost their idea to get captured. Sorta. OK. So with that we have:
THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 1

Kerri

Over half way through the season and Danny boy is doing very well this season, hasn't died once, so far.

FF

Switch42
January 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM
THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 1

Nothing new. Everything's kosher.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Switch42
January 20th, 2006, 04:58 PM
The total after Ripple Effect are:

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=Navy]THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 2
6. Forcible Abductions - 1
So, new stuff includes: Imprisonment and Forcible Abduction. Now, here's the question....Do we count the AR Daniel's forcible imprisonment in this count? Right now, I'm leaving it as no as it's not this Daniel. If that makes sense....

Switch42
January 27th, 2006, 04:54 PM
THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 2

So, anything new this week: Nope. Nothing. Nada. :(

FallenAngelII
January 27th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Can't we just bet on how probably it is we're gonna see him naked rolled up in a flag again or something? XD

Switch42
February 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
Yay! New episode!! Let's get the whumpin' started!! :daniel:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 4.5
4. Imprisonment - 3

New Stuff: Imprisonment. I can't believe Daniel hasn't been shot yet. He gets shot like every other episode.

That's all folks!

Switch42
February 10th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Off the Grid gives us:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 5.5
4. Imprisonment - 2
5. Beatings / Torture - 4.5

Quite a bit, actually. Imprisonment, beating, forcible abduction, bondage (leather collar, yummy!). Yay!! Daniel-whumping was back in full force!!! :daniel:

Madeleine
March 1st, 2006, 02:39 AM
At last we have one for the Dark Horse category, and there's not one person who picked gets shifted into a different dimension!

Although Dr Lee did try to give points to Keshou with her prediction of miniaturisation.

Switch42
March 1st, 2006, 04:09 AM
Yes, hello! Sorry I had been having major internet issue for the last week and a half. They seem to all be fixed now so I can update here quick before I head off to work. So, after the latest episode we have:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 5.5
4. Imprisonment - 2
10. Dark Horse Category: General Illness / Illness Not Related to the Above - 1 (shifted to anotherr dimension)

Yes, it was lovely to see Daniel out of phase again. Hehe. :-P And there really wasn't anything from the week before. So, until this Friday!

Switch42
March 3rd, 2006, 04:56 PM
The whumpin's been slow this season and with only TWO EPISODES LEFT, it really needs to pick up. Come on guys! Get on with the whumpin'! :-D

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
2. Insanity / Possession / Alien Influence - 3
3. Bondage - 5.5
4. Imprisonment - 2
10. Dark Horse Category: General Illness / Illness Not Related to the Above - 1 (shifted to another dimension)

New this week: Possessed by Vala (how awesome was that opening in the locker room? *squee!*)

Until the Season Finale next week.

Switch42
March 10th, 2006, 04:59 PM
I can't believe it's the season finale already! Let's get on with the whump! :-D :daniel:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 5.5
4. Imprisonment - 2
10. Dark Horse Category: General Illness / Illness Not Related to the Above - 2 (Totally forgotten from Avalon: cardiac arrest! & Arthur's Mantle: shifted to another dimension)

I still can't believe Daniel was not shot at all. So strange. And now we have to wait until JULY?!?! Oy.

The next post will contain the winner. I will post in a few hours to give people a chance to catch up. Good luck!

Switch42
March 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM
AND THE WINNER IS.......

SHIPPER HANNAH!!

Congratulations!

Here is the lovely banner/sig for you to use and display as you wish:

http://pics.livejournal.com/switch842/pic/000syz18

If you would like to see the full chart of everyone's answers and the finaly tallies, gohere (http://pics.livejournal.com/switch842/pic/000szy93).

Until next season everyone!!

Frostfox
March 10th, 2006, 10:57 PM
AND THE WINNER IS.......

SHIPPER HANNAH!!

Congratulations!

Here is the lovely banner/sig for you to use and display as you wish:

http://pics.livejournal.com/switch842/pic/000syz18

If you would like to see the full chart of everyone's answers and the finaly tallies, gohere (http://pics.livejournal.com/switch842/pic/000szy93).

Until next season everyone!!

Well done! We must play this again next year.
And congrats to shipperhannah for getting the closest.

FF :nox:

Switch42
March 11th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Well done! We must play this again next year.
And congrats to shipperhannah for getting the closest.

FF :nox:

Oh yeah. I so want to do this every season! Maybe we can start a McKay or Shepp whump for Atlantis. That could be fun. :mckay: :sheppard:

Madeleine
March 11th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Well done Shipper Hannah, and many thanks Switch42 :)

Mr Prophet
March 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM
There's a very disgruntled weevil actor out there...

Scarym1
March 12th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I can't believe it's the season finale already! Let's get on with the whump! :-D :daniel:

THE LIST

1. Death - 0
3. Bondage - 5.5
4. Imprisonment - 2
10. Dark Horse Category: General Illness / Illness Not Related to the Above - 2 (Totally forgotten from Avalon: cardiac arrest! & Arthur's Mantle: shifted to another dimension)

I still can't believe Daniel was not shot at all. So strange. And now we have to wait until JULY?!?! Oy.

The next post will contain the winner. I will post in a few hours to give people a chance to catch up. Good luck!

Would some kind soul be able to list in what ep the various whumps happened?:D

Switch42
March 12th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Would some kind soul be able to list in what ep the various whumps happened?:D

Well, it got updated each week, so I think the easiest thing would be to go back and see what was there after each ep. I didn't keep track that closely. :-D