This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaffa Voice Effect Recipe for Adobe Audition

I'd like to kick this thread off with my pathetic attempt at creating the Jaffa/Go'auld vocal effect with Adobe Adition. i'm positive some of your brilliant techy types out there have a better one so let's share them here and find the best way to create this FX so we can all have our pc's proclaiming, "Kree! You've got mail!"

Ok, so I just recorded myself exclaiming the classic words, "Jaffa, Kree", through a standard pc condensor mic. I drop the pitch a whole step with the pitch filter. I then added an amplitude boost of 13dB from the Effects/Amplify filter. Too me it sounds cool here but needs some sort of flange too it which is where it gets too out there.

I've attached the resulting wav file. Upload your own wavs with an improved recipe if you have one.

Whatcha got? Where should it go from here?
    "Amanda ga dai suki desu."

Opps. Too big for attachment. Here's the link to my file.

http://brent.poserpros.com/mutant/media/Kree.zip
    "Amanda ga dai suki desu."

Comment

You know, Morjana awhile ago posted the actual way that they make the Goa'uld voices for the show. It has some technical name, but I can't remember it.
      Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
      Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
      Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
      Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
      Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
      Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
      Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

"Flanging" (Sp?),is the term,I think. The Actors say their lines in their normal voice,but pitch it slightly deeper and slower .The comp. programmers then distort the recording,through the "Flange" and the "Goa'uld/Tok'Ra" vocal effect is the result!

My son has a weird little voice-changing gadget that achieves the same result,btw.
        Great fun,IMO! It's like a green "Asguard" mask,attached to a sep. box.You put on the mask,talk into the built-in mike and end up sounding like Daffy Duck on Speed,or very like a Goa'uld!

See edit!
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 June 2004, 09:54 AM. Reason: Forgot to put the quotation marks around the Makers' typo...sorry to all Purists..lol!
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

That sounded great, Greybro! Now if only we could get a Zat gun or Staff weapon charge sound effect right after that...

Jaffa, KREE!

Comment

they flange the voice. i tried to make it work with my copy of audition and got close, but now my 30 day free trial is over and we won't be able to buy the software for a month or so

but it is a flange thatmakes the goauld voice resonate
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              My son has a weird little voice-changing gadget that achieves the same result,btw.
              Great fun,IMO!It's like a green Asguard mask,attached to a sep. box.You put on the mask,talk into the built-in mike and end up sounding like Daffy Duck on Speed,or very like a Goa'uld!
              Asgard ::does the angry gou'ald glowing eye thing::
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry Mio, but that's just the way the makers spell the name on the box!
                *Back to edit/add the quotation marks for your benefit!*

Btw,the "Glowy eyes" are so cool.......

(Still a v.cool gadget.....whatever the spelling! )
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 June 2004, 10:03 AM. Reason: Forgot a "Smilie"!
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This stuff is so fun! Yay!

LOL... Goa'uld taking over an Asgard bod... didn't someone mention that in another thread (tying it into the movie Stargate, where Ra's real form looked more... grey?)?
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                    This stuff is so fun! Yay!

LOL... Goa'uld taking over an Asgard bod... didn't someone mention that in another thread (tying it into the movie Stargate, where Ra's real form looked more... grey?)?
                    Yeah, there's a whole discussion on it somewhere. Good luck finding it.
                    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

if say you decide that you want some movie or show that you're watching on DVD sound like a Goa'uld/Tok'ra or if you're watching an episode and you want Apophis or someone to sound like a human, or make Daniel sound like a chipmunk, just screw around with some audio pitch buttons on the DVD remote. i do that all the time. it's hilarious

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        if say you decide that you want some movie or show that you're watching on DVD sound like a Goa'uld/Tok'ra or if you're watching an episode and you want Apophis or someone to sound like a human, or make Daniel sound like a chipmunk, just screw around with some audio pitch buttons on the DVD remote. i do that all the time. it's hilarious
                        Or put the pitch down so that a human sounds like a Goa'uld, then fast forward to a Goa'uld!

Comment

Working...
                        X