This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NID in Atlantis?

Don't know if this has been asked before, but I only recently became aware of the NID through the Stargate SG1 Monday marathons.

I know they're kind of the "bad guys", but I think it would be cool if some of them were on Atlantis in deep cover.

Say what you want about them, but they genuinely seemed to want to protect Earth, and weren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

Do you think there is a possiblility of them joining the Atlantis expedition, or are their already some there undercover?

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
    Don't know if this has been asked before, but I only recently became aware of the NID through the Stargate SG1 Monday marathons.

I know they're kind of the "bad guys", but I think it would be cool if some of them were on Atlantis in deep cover.

Say what you want about them, but they genuinely seemed to want to protect Earth, and weren't afraid to get their hands dirty.

Do you think there is a possiblility of them joining the Atlantis expedition, or are their already some there undercover?
    Are you talking about the real NID or the Trust who are made up of rogue NID?

I think the later is very unlikly given how they've been mostly wipped out and Weir screened every person herself for the team. And the former would appear to be out of their juristiction...
    --
    The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

I was just talking about the regular NID.

Yeah, I hate the Trust, they're snake heads right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
        I was just talking about the regular NID.

Yeah, I hate the Trust, they're snake heads right?
        They are now
        --
        The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

before they launched a biological war against the snakes, now they are all dead i think. but the NID would not miss its chance to infiltrate atlantis, maybe now with the dedy and new zpm and new crew. but the ppl running the show probly wont want a mix

Comment

Well I'm sure they'll have done background checks on everyone going. And doesn't the N in NID stand for ''National'' when Atlantis is an international mission.

Not to mention the fact they would have no way to relay information, no way to send technology back to earth and no backup.

Comment

I would bet its just a matter of time before we see NID (rogue or otherwise) in Atlantis if they are'nt already there. The storylines and episodes with the NID, Kinsey and Maybourne were some of the very best episodes and plot twists in the whole SG franchise!.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I really hope not. Unlike you guys, I wasn't the biggest fan of the NID storylines, except for the rogue O'Neil episode. I can thank them for spawning off some great Maybourne eps though...

Phil
                Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Yeah I love Maybourne. I think I've seen just about all the eps with him in them thanks to the Monday night marathons.

I always thought there was more to him than meets the eye and a few people (if I remember correctly) believed that he could be the Ancient from the SG1 Season 8 episode involving the time machine.

Comment

It would be pretty neat if someone from the trust put a goa'uld into the one the expedition members. Think of all the story possibilities :-D

Comment

atlantis could probably find them even with the gould symbiote cloaking thing what ever it is.

Comment

While I doubt an NID agent got to Atlantis, I think current situations might breed a few of them. Wow, a neat sub-plot for the writers.
                        The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

The Atlantis mission was in the planning stages for a long time. It would have been easy for the NID/Trust to plant a scientist on the team (before they were "snakified") that would pass security screening. They had certainly infiltrated several high branches of the Federal gov't with no problem.

My bet is Kavanagh. I can see him as the SGA version of Maybourne, or Kinsey. Atlantis definitely needs a Kinsey-type character.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Kavanagh's too obvious,
                            If I were the NID agent I'd work on staying unnoticed or sucking up to Weir and the the others.

(Am suddenly suspicious of Zelenka )
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think a Gou'ald could get into Atlantis without the life sensors picking it up. It would be displayed different than the other life signs.

Comment

Working...
                              X