This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatred for the WB

This is my personal thread about the dreadful WB. As i go on living, this network has backstabbed my Buffy, Angel, and has ruined my other sci-fi shows, and my life will never be the same...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

tell me about it!!

buffy i think needed to end where it did. it was SMG's decision to leave that pushed them I believe.

WB has incurred my wroth over angel, however.

apparently (this is what i read somewhere, I think on buffyworld.com somewhere) they're axing angel to replace it with another vampire show.????
    what the?

the reason being that angel and buffy are cult shows. they have a solid fan base, but don't really attract new viewers.

so, rather than stay with a tried and true show, they're axing it to bring in something that will almost definately be hated by those solid joss wheedon fans, for the possibility of bringing in new viewers.

stupid WB

Comment

I'm p###ed that they aren't showing Smallville Season Three reruns. It's almost as if they're going out of their way to punish us Star Trek fans!

Stupid WB.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

The 'other' vampire show supposingly replacing Angel wasn't picked up, and instead, the WB picked up reality shows, but those shows were moved to Thursdays, where now 'The Mountain' used to be, but not it takes over Angel's timeslot, its all weird...

SMG, i love her, no matter what I wouldn't mind if they did an 8th season, but i'm happy they ended at 7th.

Heh, Buffy and Angel were cult shows, but how could Buffy/Angel attract new viewers on such small networks (UPN/WB), at least the shows didn't loose as much viewers as Smallville did (wow, it lost alot), and no one can say it lost alot of viewers because of American Idol, because for the last weeks of American Idol was on, it was against Angel, which still had strong ratings at the same time (WB -wise). Well, the WB just lost one of their top 18-49 demograph show...

GRR WB! YOU MAKE ME MAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          I'm p###ed that they aren't showing Smallville Season Three reruns. It's almost as if they're going out of their way to punish us Star Trek fans!

Stupid WB.
          Although i'm not a 'harcore' Smallville fan, i am still '$%@#%@' at some decisions that they are making, especially with the moving of reality shows to Thursdays from Wednesdays, has any reality show/comedy ever did good on WB Thursdays? I also agree, i think WB is trying to punish the Trekkies

Comment

Originally posted by Darren

Stupid WB.
            Yeah...putting that Smallville show with that hot Kristin Kreuk is one of the only smart things they've done. Shes so hot. The second thing they've ever done right is put Mission Hill into production. But then they moved it around, with no steady time-slot. Then stop showing it for a year, then randomly started showing it again, without ANY advertising, and then cancelled it because no one watched it. NO ONE KNEW IT WAS ON YOU WB PUNKS! So every thing they just did wrong in those two sentences negates anything good they've ever done. I hate you WB.
            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I wasn't in the states when Mission Hill was on, but the way you explain it, it was almost like how Angel was treated. Angel was moved like 3-4 times, with hardly any advertising where it went. First Angel was on Tuesdays, w/ Buffy, then after another year on Tuesday nights, it moved to Monday, after that year, it moved to Sunday, after a few months on Sunday, against many good shows, including Alias, it moved to Wednesdays, for half of 4th season, and 5th Season. Then they cancel Angel for the reason, "We need room for repeats and reality shows..." and they said Angel couldn't attract new viewers, but hey, the show was 1 out of 3 shows on the WB that weren't on the negative side on nielsen ratings.

Comment

Working...
              X