• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galactica's Katee Sackhoff : No more 'Super Starbuck'

From TV Zone Magazine:

Only Human

by Steven Eramo

“I was really impressed with how my character’s story arc unfolded last year,” says Sackhoff. “Starbuck learnt a great deal about herself, and at the end of the season we see her crack. Prior to that she’d been sort of ‘Super Starbuck’, and always did her job and saved everyone. She was perfect, spot on, and then lost it completely. I enjoyed that, and, in fact, have asked the show’s producers and writers if we could keep that up this season. I really want to drive home the point that Starbuck is human and has flaws. She’s probably one of the most flawed characters on the series as well as one who’s extremely scared. There are quite a few skeletons in her closet and some of them are going to be coming out in year two, which I’m excited about.”

Click on the link to read the entire article

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

The Great Link offers these additional tidbits from the magazine article:

Katee also talks about the big fight between Starbuck and Number Six in the Season 1 finale, ‘Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II’, and reveals that the producers wanted Starbuck’s and Six’s fighting styles "to be totally opposite, so they had Tricia [Helfer] train in martial arts, while I took boxing and street fighting lessons....as for the actual fight, our stunt doubles did it once but what you saw on TV was all Tricia and I, except for the fall at the end....Tricia and I proudly wore our bumps and bruises for weeks after that."

As for the revelation that one of Starbuck’s best friends is a Cylon, "she doesn’t want to admit to herself that the last seven years she’s spent with [Boomer] has been a lie....even if Boomer is a Cylon, those moments were real and they still mean something to Starbuck."

Read more from Katee, including her thoughts on Starbuck’s close encounter with the Vice President in ‘Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part I’; filming a scene from Episode 2x1, ‘Scattered’ with co-stars Grace Park and Tahmoh Penikett; and finding the ‘Starbuck Walk’ – in Issue #191 of TV Zone Magazine.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Oooh spiffy.

I started watching the show again today. I wasn't really paying that much attention the first time when it was on TV.

I watched epsiode 4 and I just realized how cool Starbuck is lol. Can't wait for Season 2

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
      X