This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis shooting this week in Tynehead Park

I was walking my dog and what should I come across, but the crew from SG:A shooting in Tynehead Park. Called "Planet Surrey" by the production people, it's a large park near my home in Surrey BC.

I didn't want to mess up the shoot so I kept my distance. I did see some wooden wagons and 4 sided huts with semi-circlular metal awnings. Interestingly, the crew was only about 1/4 the size of the SG1 crew. Normally, production assistants are waiting to intercept people on all the trails. Not in this case. All that was keeping me out was a polite line of orange cones.

Sadly, I may be the only SG fan in western Canada to see anything of SG:A since it is not scheduled to air here in Vancouver.
    --------------------------------------------------

If the crew was smaller it was probably a second unit or something.

Comment

Man I am jealous of the people that get to see them shooting. Sounds like an Athos setting from the huts that u described. It could be a later episode where they go back or something.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Did you get any "accidental" pcitures? Was any of the SG:A team there? The only production crew, and movie being filmed that I saw was the Mothman Prophecies.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

The Mothman Prophecies is a pretty bad movie.

Comment

Yeah I know, but it is kinda interesting because where they shot the city is just outside of where I live (= under 5 mins driving distance.) My uncle is actually in it as an extra, and you can see him pretty clearly. I saw Richard Geer when I was going to the YMCA to teach swimming, although I was in a car.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
              The Mothman Prophecies is a pretty bad movie.
              While watching it, I saw a portal to hell.
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Mothman was creepy though. I watched it on my 5.1 system late at night with all the lights off and the sound cranked...a great suspense/horror experiance. Especially since it's based on real events. I thought the movie was actually pretty good, though I am not a big Richard Gere fan.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

The bridge scene was pretty cool, but that's about it. They film a few movies in my city, but I've never watched them film.

Comment

The best part is the "chapstick" part.

My family laughs at it all the time, because when he dives into the river, it's crystal-clear. The Allegheny, which runs under the bridge, is as dirty as ever.

Comment

Not sure weather or not it would have been them. It does seem possible. Just lucky you crossed it
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        Not sure weather or not it would have been them. It does seem possible. Just lucky you crossed it
                        Well the posted notice from Pegasus Productions stating they would setting up from June 9-11 and shooting Stargate: Atlantis Monday June 13 was my first clue, Anubis. From then on it was easy.

Seriously. Why post something whose only purpose is to tick me off?

It's not luck. I've seen SG filiming there 2-3 time a year for the last 4 years. Whenever I walk the dog in good weather I check whether anybody is filming at the site.
                        --------------------------------------------------

Comment

So that's the name of their new production company?

Comment

Originally posted by Planet Surrey
                            Well the posted notice from Pegasus Productions stating they would setting up from June 9-11 and shooting Stargate: Atlantis Monday June 13 was my first clue, Anubis. From then on it was easy.

Seriously. Why post something whose only purpose is to tick me off?

It's not luck. I've seen SG filiming there 2-3 time a year for the last 4 years. Whenever I walk the dog in good weather I check whether anybody is filming at the site.
                            I don't think his/her purpose was to offend you. If he/she said that to me, I wouldn't be offended.
                            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

SO, how's the weather out your way? It's been raining cats 'n dogs for the last week here.

Peagus Productions sounds kinda corny to me. Where can you get a schedule at for the film shootings?

Comment

Working...
                              X