PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis shooting this week in Tynehead Park

Planet Surrey
June 16th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I was walking my dog and what should I come across, but the crew from SG:A shooting in Tynehead Park. Called "Planet Surrey" by the production people, it's a large park near my home in Surrey BC.

I didn't want to mess up the shoot so I kept my distance. I did see some wooden wagons and 4 sided huts with semi-circlular metal awnings. Interestingly, the crew was only about 1/4 the size of the SG1 crew. Normally, production assistants are waiting to intercept people on all the trails. Not in this case. All that was keeping me out was a polite line of orange cones.

Sadly, I may be the only SG fan in western Canada to see anything of SG:A since it is not scheduled to air here in Vancouver.

D.C.
June 16th, 2004, 03:19 PM
If the crew was smaller it was probably a second unit or something.

Idun
June 16th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Man I am jealous of the people that get to see them shooting. Sounds like an Athos setting from the huts that u described. It could be a later episode where they go back or something.

SGSlugger
June 16th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Did you get any "accidental" pcitures? ;) Was any of the SG:A team there? The only production crew, and movie being filmed that I saw was the Mothman Prophecies.

D.C.
June 16th, 2004, 06:55 PM
The Mothman Prophecies is a pretty bad movie. :)

SGSlugger
June 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Yeah I know, but it is kinda interesting because where they shot the city is just outside of where I live (= under 5 mins driving distance.) My uncle is actually in it as an extra, and you can see him pretty clearly. I saw Richard Geer when I was going to the YMCA to teach swimming, although I was in a car.

petzke_42
June 16th, 2004, 10:50 PM
The Mothman Prophecies is a pretty bad movie. :)

While watching it, I saw a portal to hell.

Beckmen
June 17th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Mothman was creepy though. I watched it on my 5.1 system late at night with all the lights off and the sound cranked...a great suspense/horror experiance. Especially since it's based on real events. I thought the movie was actually pretty good, though I am not a big Richard Gere fan.

D.C.
June 17th, 2004, 01:50 AM
The bridge scene was pretty cool, but that's about it. They film a few movies in my city, but I've never watched them film.

SGSlugger
June 17th, 2004, 07:53 AM
The best part is the "chapstick" part.

My family laughs at it all the time, because when he dives into the river, it's crystal-clear. The Allegheny, which runs under the bridge, is as dirty as ever.

Anubis
June 17th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Not sure weather or not it would have been them. It does seem possible. Just lucky you crossed it

Planet Surrey
June 17th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Not sure weather or not it would have been them. It does seem possible. Just lucky you crossed it

Well the posted notice from Pegasus Productions stating they would setting up from June 9-11 and shooting Stargate: Atlantis Monday June 13 was my first clue, Anubis. From then on it was easy.

Seriously. Why post something whose only purpose is to tick me off?

It's not luck. I've seen SG filiming there 2-3 time a year for the last 4 years. Whenever I walk the dog in good weather I check whether anybody is filming at the site.

D.C.
June 17th, 2004, 03:07 PM
So that's the name of their new production company?

petzke_42
June 17th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Well the posted notice from Pegasus Productions stating they would setting up from June 9-11 and shooting Stargate: Atlantis Monday June 13 was my first clue, Anubis. From then on it was easy.

It's not luck. I've seen SG filiming there 2-3 time a year for the last 4 years. Whenever I walk the dog in good weather I check whether anybody is filming at the site.

I don't think his/her purpose was to offend you. If he/she said that to me, I wouldn't be offended.

SGSlugger
June 17th, 2004, 07:17 PM
SO, how's the weather out your way? It's been raining cats 'n dogs for the last week here. ;)

Peagus Productions sounds kinda corny to me. Where can you get a schedule at for the film shootings?

Anubis
June 18th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Well, I guess if they film near you, why not check it out!

Teal'c
June 18th, 2004, 12:37 PM

I remember you saying they were shooting Prophecy there... that was you that saw that right? :P

Planet Surrey
June 18th, 2004, 11:22 PM
That might have been me. The last twice I saw Sg-1 filming were the 2nd last episode of season 6 and the scene from the season 7 opener where Daniel reappears. (No I did not see Michael Shanks naked butt. I was asked politely to leave the area and I did).

I have posted before about my sightings to mixed response. I usually get one or more trolls who think message boarding is some kind of blood sport imbuing my character. I choose to post anyway. It's what little news I can share about SG. If Stargate were filming in your neighborhood park wouldn't you want to share it with the other gateworlders?

The meadow where they film is off 164th Street in top middle of the map.
http://www.city.surrey.bc.ca/NR/rdonlyres/e57m5beg7zymsbd7xx63sylap4drz62m5ga6jh6w3zvfwr7fzirbz6xmlxz3zgm6f3z43xwkcogrbi/TYNEHEAD-00.jpg