This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request re: Season 2 Spoilers

I'm hoping it's alright to make a thread for this.

I was wondering if people would mind putting in the thread title whether there is any S2 spoilerish content in the thread. Maybe saying what eps are mentioned if it's specific. If you already have threads up that this applies to and you don't mind editing the titles, that would be wonderful too.

It's just that there are a bunch of interesting threads that I'm curious to check out but I'm afraid of being spoiled, because spoilers make me cry (ok, not really, but almost!).

Thank you! I just want to read all the threads I can. Yes, I'm obsessed.

The best thing to do is to make the text white so it has to be highlighted to see

Comment

Use the spoiler tags. <spoiler> Spoilerifics here. </spoiler> Note: Replace the <,> with [,] respectively to make the tag work. The spoiler tag creates a little message that says "Spoiler - highlight below to read."
      Spoiler:
      Like this.
      It's better to use spoiler tags rather than changing the text to white, because changing the text to white doesn't completely hide the spoiler text. Quote this post to see how the Spoiler tags work.

The other way around the issue (though it's not nearly as effective as spoiler tags) is Spoiler Space. Type a spoiler warning at the top of your post. Then press the enter key to create a blank line. Do this 20 times or so. Then type your spoiler text. This doesn't hide spoiler like the spoiler tags, but it forces people to scroll down to the bottom of the page, giving them a chance to ignore the spoiler. But once the next post is made, it kinda defeats the purpose, unless you add spoiler space after the spoiler text.

Either way, the spoiler tags and spoiler space force people to physically highlight or scroll down the page, which gives them the option of ignoring the spoiler. But using the Spoiler tags is the easiest way to get your spoilers across. Trust me, using the spoiler tags makes everyone a lot happier around here.

Comment

No no, I am referring to just commenting in the thread's TITLE whether there are any spoilers within. There doesn't seem to be any set rules about what is spoilerish (all of season 1 seems to be ok to discuss), so I just want to be sure before even opening a thread. There are threads that refer to season 2 but don't say in the title whether they are spoilerish...if I knew that any spoilerish stuff was within spoiler tags I wouldn't worry, but that's what I'm not sure about and not willing to risk by opening the thread. Hope that made sense!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
          No no, I am referring to just commenting in the thread's TITLE whether there are any spoilers within. There doesn't seem to be any set rules about what is spoilerish (all of season 1 seems to be ok to discuss), so I just want to be sure before even opening a thread. There are threads that refer to season 2 but don't say in the title whether they are spoilerish...if I knew that any spoilerish stuff was within spoiler tags I wouldn't worry, but that's what I'm not sure about and not willing to risk by opening the thread. Hope that made sense!
          Oh. Okies.

I think it's common courtesy that if a thread contains spoilers, usually there's a spoiler warning in the title. Most of the people here at GW adhere to that courtesy, but there's always people who forget.

Comment

Working...
          X