X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Beau Bridges braces for 'SG-1' fan response

From the Los Angeles Daily News:

http://u.dailynews.com/Stories/0,141...935848,00.html

(For the complete column, please follow the link.)

Article Published: Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 6:26:28 PM PST
    Beau Bridges braces for 'SG-1' fan response

By Marilyn Beck and Stacey Jenel Smith

What with "Star Trek" and "Star Wars" having breathed their last, Beau Bridges considers the 9-year-old "Stargate: SG-1" the best thing in production, science fiction-wise. That's only natural considering he's now leading the troops on the show that launches its new season mid-July.

Beau is bracing himself, well aware he'll be under major scrutiny by fans of the Sci Fi Channel series who've been uneasy about its future in the wake of Richard Dean Anderson's departure.

"Of course we have not only me coming on, but Ben Browder of 'Farscape,' a much-loved sci-fi show. He's doing the young hunk thing," points out Bridges, whose character is a general. "I kind of order him off to the mouth of the dragon. And we have the regulars, Michael (Shanks), Amanda (Tapping) and Christopher (Judge), who have been really wonderful in welcoming me. It's been a smooth ride so far."

The three-time Emmy winner tells us, "One of the things I was really impressed with when I started watching 'Stargate' episodes was that they have been trying to keep the essence of the real military - even though it's science fiction with aliens and the rest of it. The real Air Force signs off on all the scripts. I like that. Whenever I play something, I like to be as true as possible to the real-life elements. Since I'd never really played a general before, I started researching generals all the way back to George Washington. I ended up with a very interesting 40-page document, which I gave to the writers."

They're using it, he says, and have given his character a penchant for quoting his military heroes.

**major snippage**

Copyright © 2005 Los Angeles Daily News

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter
Working...
X