This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Genii

I have to say - the Genii seriously piss me off. Well, maybe its a combination of that and extreme frustration. I admit, they are very interesting bad guys, but for totally different reasons than the Wraith and the Goa'uld.

The Wraith and the Goa'uld are just downright evil and arrogant. The Genii aren't so much evil as they're are just plain mean. They're arrogant, but in more of a condescending way. I mean, in every single episode they've been in, they just drive me nuts. Especially The Brotherhood - although its a great episode, the ending is frustrating and disappointing at the same time. They were *so* close, but noooo.

They're fun to hate, and are quite interesting. I think they're much more interesting as a secondary bad guy than anyone we met in SG1. I'm really looking forward to more Genii episodes. Kudos to the writers! Though, I do think we need more appearances by Sora though!

You have to give them their due...their race has been dealing with the Wraith for Waaaaaay longer than the Atlantis team has. They're looking out for the preservation of their race, which relies on giving the wraith another target...ie Atlantis.

Yeah, it's not a very nice thing to do...but what would you do in their situation
    ~I've got a little fron-ache.

Comment

I don't think the Genii are actually that bad. They are just people who have been terorized by the Wraith and want thier revenge, while, I may not agree with them, it dosn't make them bad. When you think about it, they just want the C4 for thier nukes so they can blow up some wriath.

Now, that guy in "The Storm" and "The Eye" was bad, as well as annoying. He didn't just want the C4 he said, well, we're here let's take everything including the city. Just like our race has bad guys and power mongers, so do the Genii.

Owen Macri

Comment

Yeah, I don't think he was working under the orders of the Genii leader...he was just pissed cause Shepard killed a bunch of his people.
        ~I've got a little fron-ache.

Comment

I really like the Genii, especially Koyla. He's a ruthless and complex villain, and is a great antagonist for Sheppard. I'd love to see a showdown between him and Sheppard in S2, and preferably have SGA actually lose to the Genii for once, so it doesn't diminish them as villains.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Working...
          X