This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wraith dart ( deut spoilers)

what do you think of the new wraith dart, formidable new craft that will advance human kind with wraith technology or a plastic tree trunk with a seat?

IMO it look better in rising, this just look really crappy
    JMO immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

I agree they look much better in action... this looks too shiney and plastic

The seat is pretty neat though... reminds me of the Aliens movies
    Ses
    James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

This is early stage yet remember the pics for PJ in ‘Moebius’ it looked awful but turned out ok.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Where do the beamed up people go?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
          That is a very very good point... looks like there would be space to stick a couple lying down but that is gonna be uncomfortable (depending on whos sharing )
          Ses

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
            Spoiler:
            The beamed up people are stored on a computer
            very much like data is stored on hard drive.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
              Spoiler:
              isn't that like what they did with Transporters in Star Trek?
              hhmm so in theory: if a person is stored as Data... they could be deleted... thus breaking the whole matter can't be created/destroyed... (that question always bugged me after A level Physics lol)
              Ses

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                hhmm so in theory: if a person is stored as Data... they could be deleted... thus breaking the whole matter can't be created/destroyed... (that question always bugged me after A level Physics lol)
                That wouldnt destroy the matter, its just destroying the data that tells the matter how to re-arrange itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                  hhmm so in theory: if a person is stored as Data... they could be deleted... thus breaking the whole matter can't be created/destroyed... (that question always bugged me after A level Physics
                  The Wraith Darts store people like how the stargate stores energy patterns (not data) before sending someone (remember in "48 Hours" when the stargate stored Teal'c)

The law of conservation of matter (cannot be created/destroyed) is abit of a simplification, its almost always true except under really extreme circumstances (ie the heart of a sun or a nuclear explosion)

Matter and energy are actually interchangeable, you've probably heard of E=MC^2 which means:
                  Energy is equal to Mass of Matter multiplied by the speed of light (C) squared.
                  The Speed of light is so huge that a tiny amount of matter creates ALOT of energy, less than one kilogram of uranium was converted to energy when hiroshima was leveled
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                    Spoiler:
                    where did you see this?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                      where did you see this?
                      I think its an educated guess composed of a generally accepted idea that the wraith store their victims as data,energy, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                        I think its an educated guess composed of a generally accepted idea that the wraith store their victims as data,energy, whatever.
                        It was an answer from Martin Gero

The fact that the Wraith stores people as energy is essential to the plot of Duet
                        Spoiler:
                        both McKay and Cadman are beamed up and something goes wrong and thats how she ends up in his head
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith

The fact that the Wraith stores people as energy is essential to the plot of Duet
                          Spoiler:
                          both McKay and Cadman are beamed up and something goes wrong and thats how she ends up in his head
                          Oh really I didn't know that!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith

Spoiler:
                            OH, i see!

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I thought it was from a new piece of tech in atlantis or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X