Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amanda Tapping on a crappy movie right NOW!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping on a crappy movie right NOW!

so i turn on the tv...to some network station, and what do i see? amanda tapping on this movie called "the void"

its really really crappy...

really really crappy

but she does play a physicist!

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
    Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
    Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

yep, the Void with Adrian Paul

plot wise it is a wee bit thin, and the nude scene is clumsily edited (AT used a body double for the 'good' parts) but it's not a total waste of time

it's sorta cool to see a looser version of sam
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

hahahaha

i want amanda butt!

er...

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
      Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
      Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

How long ago was it made?

Have you noticed that actors seem to replay parts? I mean, AT plays a physicist, RDA is always saving the world (first Macgyver, now O'neill), and everytime I see Teryl Rothery she's always a doctor.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
          Have you noticed that actors seem to replay parts? I mean, AT plays a physicist, RDA is always saving the world (first Macgyver, now O'neill), and everytime I see Teryl Rothery she's always a doctor.
          How about Corin? Loveable kid-next-door in one movie, deranged psychopath in another. Or better yet, both in one.

Some actors do seem to gravitate towards certain roles, though. And then there are really annoying actors like JR Bourne and Nick Lea whose characters (good or bad) usually end up dead. Grrr.

Comment

Yeah typecasting is a difficult thing to avoid I suppose...
            The only other thing I've seen AT in would have to be Outer Limits (awesome show!). Don S. Davis was also in another eppy there and he played a general there too.
            [email protected]
            http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
            One nation under dog
            There of which I stand alone
            A face in the crowd
            Unsung, against the mold
            Without a doubt
            Singled out
            The only way I know

Comment

the void was made a couple, three years ago or so. she did it during the summer time off between seasons.

some actors do seem to be type cast, some of that could be because of the vancouver movie industry. it's quite big up there, and there's a pool of actors, have no idea about the number.

but a lot of shows tape up there, you can usually tell it whenyou start seeing the same guest stars on shows.

x-files taped there for years, as did outer limits and Poltergiest. Century City, a cbs pilot, taped a few eps there. Andromeda tapes there, so do a lot of lifetime movies, adn i'm not sure about others.

I can usually tell by the guest stars and the locations they use.

one reason you see so many of the same guest stars is, if a shot tapes up there, they're entitled to tax breaks, in addition to cashing in on the better exchange rate. the 'price' for this tax break is that they have to hire a certain number of canadian actors and crew

so you get a pool of directors and producers who get to know a pool of actors so whenever they need an 'older general type character' they'll think of don davis, 'female doctor/mother' they'll think of teryl, etc, etc.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                Yeah typecasting is a difficult thing to avoid I suppose...
                The only other thing I've seen AT in would have to be Outer Limits (awesome show!). Don S. Davis was also in another eppy there and he played a general there too.
                Another of AT's films - The Haunting of Lisa - was on UK TV the other week. She was the ghost of a woman who'd been murdered. The plot was a tad predictable but I enjoyed it.
                Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

No problem with "The Void" being criticised, in any way by others,but I actually enjoyed the film very much.
                  Each to their own definition of what makes "a cr###y movie",IMO!
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

AT played in some sci-fi, she plays some military officer:
                    Looks like a future version Sam

Comment

Cool piccie ,Ice^^Heat ! Is it from AT's Outer Limits ep "The Joining" ?

(I've never seen that episode,so I'm not very sure ! )

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                        Cool piccie ,Ice^^Heat ! Is it from AT's Outer Limits ep "The Joining" ?

(I've never seen that episode,so I'm not very sure ! )
                        Yup it is. But I've never seen it either .

Comment

Glad I got it right ! Shame you haven't seen it either,though !

One day,......fingers X-ed .

Comment

i dont understand actors/actresses (actresses moreso i guess). If people think it is their naked body, isnt it just as bad for them as if it actually IS their naked body ? at least thten they also arent jolting the fans!

amanda ought to get naked for the fans, you know, to show she cares!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp
                              i dont understand actors/actresses (actresses moreso i guess). If people think it is their naked body, isnt it just as bad for them as if it actually IS their naked body ? at least thten they also arent jolting the fans!

amanda ought to get naked for the fans, you know, to show she cares!
                              Uhm, I am a fan, but she doesnt have to get naked for me.

I will be glad if she remains her dignity (for the fans).
                              Last edited by Ice^^Heat; 22 June 2004, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X