• Show
Clear All

SciFi Wire: SG-1's Tapping Seeks Helm

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-s...6/14/11.45.sfc

09:00am ET, 14-JUne-04

SG-1's Tapping Seeks Helm

Amanda Tapping, who plays Maj. Samantha Carter on SCI FI Channel's
    original series Stargate SG-1, told SCI FI Wire that she's eager to sit in the director's chair again in the upcoming eighth season, as she did in the season-seven episode "Resurrection." "I'm begging," Tapping said in an interview during a break in filming in Vancouver, B.C. "And, in fact, I've just come from [executive producer] Robert Cooper's office. ... Every two days I go up and say, 'There's still a spot open on the director's schedule.' And today he actually said, 'This is getting a little old, this conversation.' And I said, ... 'It's just going to keep happening until [the slot is taken].' So, yeah, I keep bugging him."

Last year, Tapping got a chance to direct for the first time in "Resurrection," an episode based on an idea by cast member Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson). Tapping added that she was recently nominated for a Leo Award, honoring film and television work in British Columbia, for directing "Resurrection." It's an experience that Tapping recalls with fondness. "I loved it," she said. "I still get a huge grin on my face when I think about it. I was in the episode more than I wanted to be. I kind of didn't want to be in the episode I was directing. ... And I didn't have as much prep [time] as I would have hoped, because we were shooting our season finale prior to my shooting my episode. But having said all that, it was a
    fantastic experience." Stargate SG-1 airs Fridays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Season eight commences July 9.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I think they should let her shoot an episode again, if there's one where Carter isn't in it very much. Give her time to prep it like Michael Shanks got for Double Jeapordy. Her directing seemed pretty good in Resurrection.

Comment

I agree. Hope she gets her wish!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I agree.

I really liked her style in Resurrection.

Imagine what she could do if she had more time to prep...

Comment

Imagine what she could do with a decent ep.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

I have only one comment

SAY YES ROB !!!

everyone please join in!
            Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

Working...
            X