This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - AT - Sci-fi TV star is a real Essex girl

Thanks to Kay aka Mumsey on the Yahoo The Amanda Tapping Club for the heads up!

From This Is Essex (Essex, UK):

http://www.thisisessex.co.uk/essex/s...ews/NEWS8.html

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Southend News

Sci-fi TV star is a real Essex girl

Brought to you by the Evening Echo

An actress who originally hails from south Essex is wowing audiences on both sides of the Atlantic in a popular sci-fi thriller.

Amanda Tapping can be seen on the small screen series Stargate SG-1, which is now into its eighth season.

**snippage**

On her last trip back to the UK, the 40-year-old mother of one, came back to south Essex to revisit her roots.

She said:"My stepfather has family who are living in Benfleet so I was able to see the house I lived in and get a tour around the area. It was fantastic.

"It was weird. I feel such a strong connection to England, and whenever I go there I feel very much a sense of home."

Stargate SG-1 is shown on Sky One and Channel 4.

© Copyright 2005 Newsquest Media Group - A Gannett Company

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
    Last edited by morjana; 20 June 2005, 08:40 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

The link has broken, here it is. A twin? Boy or girl?

Sci-fi TV star is a real Essex girl
    Brought to you by the Evening Echo

An actress who originally hails from south Essex is wowing audiences on both sides of the Atlantic in a popular sci-fi thriller.

Amanda Tapping can be seen on the small screen series Stargate SG-1, which is now into its eighth season.

She has played the part of Major Samantha Carter since the show first started in 1997, but despite living on the other side of the world has fond memories of her Essex origins.

She said: "I was born a twin in Rochford Hospital.

"We lived near Tarpots Corner in Benfleet, but the Benfleet hospital couldn't accommodate twins so we went to Rochford."

The family emigrated to Ontario, Canada, when she was just three to start a new life, and it was there she grew up and developed a love for acting.

She studied drama at the Windsor School of Dramatic Arts in Ontario before breaking into television in shows such as Booty Call, Life or Something Like It, and the X Files.

It was landing the role in Stargate SG-1 which really launched her career.

On her last trip back to the UK, the 40-year-old mother of one, came back to south Essex to revisit her roots.

She said:"My stepfather has family who are living in Benfleet so I was able to see the house I lived in and get a tour around the area. It was fantastic.

"It was weird. I feel such a strong connection to England, and whenever I go there I feel very much a sense of home."

Stargate SG-1 is shown on Sky One and Channel 4.

Comment

Boy I think- as she has a twin brother I read.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was a twin brother as well....can't remember his name though

Comment

Yeah she has a twin brother...his name is either Steven or Michael i've read different sites with different names
          I can't believe she came back to england I wish i'd have known!! Has she gone now or do u think shes still here??!?!?

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Wow. That is so close to me it isn't even funny

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
              Yeah she has a twin brother...his name is either Steven or Michael i've read different sites with different names
              I can't believe she came back to england I wish i'd have known!! Has she gone now or do u think shes still here??!?!?
              I'm pretty sure her twin brothers name is Micheal, and she has two older brothers named Chris and Rick...
              Micheal, Chris and Rick...
              Her father also wanted to call her Sam (must of been overulled ), so as 'payback' he always used to call Amanda 'Sam' when she was growing up.

Now is that just freaky or what???

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                I'm pretty sure her twin brothers name is Micheal, and she has two older brothers named Chris and Rick...
                Micheal, Chris and Rick...
                Her father also wanted to call her Sam (must of been overulled ), so as 'payback' he always used to call Amanda 'Sam' when she was growing up.

Now is that just freaky or what???

According to the Amanda Tapping Official Website:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...=display&pid=2

Amanda ...three brothers (Richard, Christopher and Stephen), of whom two are older than herself and o*ne is her twin brother. One of her elder brothers is a biochemist, and her twin brother is a computer programmer.

And from this link:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...display&pid=83

Vicky Gabereau: You have a great character, which curiously enough has the same name as you do, your family nickname.

Amanda: Yeah. Samantha. And in fact, there's more to it than that. When I was born, my father wanted me to be called Samantha. So, he lost and my whole life in defiance he's called me Sam, so I play this character Sam. And then I grew up with three brothers Richard, Christopher and Stephen and I have a stepbrother named Michael, and I work with Richard, Christopher and Michael!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                  According to the Amanda Tapping Official Website:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...=display&pid=2

Amanda ...three brothers (Richard, Christopher and Stephen), of whom two are older than herself and o*ne is her twin brother. One of her elder brothers is a biochemist, and her twin brother is a computer programmer.

And from this link:

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...display&pid=83

Vicky Gabereau: You have a great character, which curiously enough has the same name as you do, your family nickname.

Amanda: Yeah. Samantha. And in fact, there's more to it than that. When I was born, my father wanted me to be called Samantha. So, he lost and my whole life in defiance he's called me Sam, so I play this character Sam. And then I grew up with three brothers Richard, Christopher and Stephen and I have a stepbrother named Michael, and I work with Richard, Christopher and Michael!

Morjana
                  Ah thats it

Comment

ah!! Finally its all clear! Thanks Morjana! I've always been confused about the names of Amandas brothers.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Working...
                    X