X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis

Small Spoiler But is not official

In one of the episode spoilers it says that if the Atlantis team is discovered it would blow Atlantis's cover which could mean they destroyed the hive ships and moved the city to make the other wraith hive ships think that Atlantis was destroyed.
    Last edited by Gateman2; 20 June 2005, 04:51 PM. Reason: word not added

You get today's n00b award. No hard feelings. I still like you... a little bit.

1. Wrong forum buddy. This is General News. No spoilers here. That's what Season 2 Atlantis forum is for. This forum is more about the show's production, actors..etc.

2. The episode is "Duet".

3. EXTREMELY old spoiler. [Atleast 1.5 months]

4. I think I still like you.

Comment

Sorry, I just signed up at 8:30 today, and did not notice that forum. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Don't worry. A mod will move this thread to the proper folder when they get a chance.

As for the topic in question, Atlantis was sunk below the water to give the impression that the city was destroyed. Since the Wraith thought the city was gone, they simply let it go. Obviously the Wraith know better since Sheppard and the gang re-awakened them by killing the Keeper in "Rising."

Comment

So did they sink it again or are you talking about Rising?

Comment

The city was only sunk once (as far as i know). When we see Atlantis rising in "Rising" (no pun intended), atlantis is rising for the first time in 10,000 odd years.

Comment

I was pretty certain that Martin Gero has said that
              Spoiler:
              the city would not be sunk again in S2...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

i doubt they would move the city, yes they have a ZPM, but the power requirements would be enormous, thus all three ZPMs would be required
                why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
                Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

So how do they make the wraith think that Atlantis has been destroyed?

Comment

He did indeed say that. If they didn't sink it again, then that means that either it A) was moved or B) is cloaked or C) both (my guess).

Comment

Moving it would cost more power than using the shield underwater. Cloaked is a possibility, but I think Atlantis is staying right where it is. They need a permanent base. It's not like the SGC could lift off and run when Goa'uld came.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Well, I wasn't so much thinking of moving it as in move to another planet but rather moving it as in it's no longer in the same spot on the planet. Maybe move it to the continent or to a different area of the oceans.

And how do we know it would cost more power to move it than maintaining a shield against all those tons and tons of water pressure? Granted, the ZPM was able to maintain the shield for around 3300 years each, but we have no idea how much power it takes to move the city, especially a short distance.

Comment

i think moving is not going to help

even if you move it around , just a lil bit i think that the wrait are going to find it eventually .

We can assume that they wraith have , scanners in those hive ships and that they can find a huge city like Atlantis.

But a cloak would work

Comment

Originally posted by Gateman2
                            So how do they make the Wraith think that Atlantis has been destroyed?
                            They cloak it.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...antisisc.shtml
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Yup. From the new spoilers, apparently Atlantis has a large cloaking field. They use it .

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Working...
                              X