PDA

View Full Version : Season 7 coming to Canada?

O'Neill is funny
June 14th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I been waiting months to be told season 7 has already been on...but i live in Canada and don't get the american sci-fi channel so is stargate season 7 supposed to come to Canada anytime soon? i'm getting tired of waiting and d/ling them isnt the same.

D.C.
June 14th, 2004, 07:04 PM
It's apparently coming to that Space channel pretty soon. :)

David85
June 17th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Yes Space has the rights to show season 7 and 8, but they didn't say when.

I find it ironic that the show is filmed in Canada but is never shown there.

DanielFan
June 18th, 2004, 10:43 AM

Actually... it does get shown, it's just that Canada doesn't get the new shows... I've seen seasons 1-5 often enough that I'm ready for a break.

TEAL'C_FAN
June 23rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Nice site here btw :)

Space will be showing Season 7 and 8, when is not known

I dont like waiting and hate the fact that it is filmed in BC, Canada but we dont have access to the show WHEN it is shown. That is why I use DC++ and Download the new episodes!

TMN will be carrying Atlantis, starting July 19th at 9PM EDT

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 12:50 AM
This situation is like movies shot in Europe or some other place, and the Europeans don't get to watch the movie before it is shown in the US (well i think now a days, its changed).

Chlex
July 4th, 2004, 10:38 AM

I know! That annoys the hell outta me. I wish Space would bypass the rest of season five and six, and show season 7 & 8 so we won't have to be so behind :S

Anubis
July 4th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Most films we don't get until weeks after, or sometimes months

Taonas
July 10th, 2004, 04:29 PM
I know! That annoys the hell outta me. I wish Space would bypass the rest of season five and six, and show season 7 & 8 so we won't have to be so behind :S

That would be great... Unfortunatly, I checked space's schedual for Stargate... and unless they're going to change it, they're starting the series over again in about 2 weeks :S

AgentX
July 10th, 2004, 04:58 PM
That would be great... Unfortunatly, I checked space's schedual for Stargate... and unless they're going to change it, they're starting the series over again in about 2 weeks :S

Yeah I think right now Children of the Gods is scheduled to air on Tuesday July 20

Taonas
July 10th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Yeah I think right now Children of the Gods is scheduled to air on Tuesday July 20

Great... Just great.... What I just realized, is that Canada hasn't even gotten season SIX yet!

We only get to see it from AMERICAN channels x.x

And now, the only canadien network that has stargate is restarting it!

Argh...

My hope rests in the semi-good quality of downloads and then later on, the absolutly-better-than-TV quality of DVD's :p

So come on SPACE... Give us our new seasons!

AND GIVE US ATLANTIS!!!!!!!

AgentX
July 10th, 2004, 07:22 PM
If you have TMN you won't need Space to give you Atlantis.

Taonas
July 10th, 2004, 07:27 PM
If you have TMN you won't need Space to give you Atlantis.

TMN???? What is it? Where can I find it? How much is it?????

AgentX
July 10th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Well I don't where you are in Canada, but TMN is The Movie Network offered through cable systems like Rogers - I think out west it's called Movie Central or something. As for cost, I'm not completely sure. I think it's like 9.95 a month of something.

Re: Season 7, October 19 isn't that far away :)

Taonas
July 10th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Well I don't where you are in Canada, but TMN is The Movie Network offered through cable systems like Rogers - I think out west it's called Movie Central or something. As for cost, I'm not completely sure. I think it's like 9.95 a month of something.

Re: Season 7, October 19 isn't that far away :)

True for the DVD's.... but.... ATLANTIS!!! IN CLEAR QUALITY!!! MY DAD HAS THE MOVIE NETWORK!!!... SWEET JESUS I GET TO SEE ATLANTIS!!!!

YES!!!!!!

Now I have to patiently wait for october 19th... then I'll have seasons 1-7 on DVD :p

AgentX
July 10th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Yeah October 19 does not seem so close, but Season 8 is here so I'm ok :)

TMN doesn't get Atlantis day and date with the US, It comes on the following Monday at 8pm. So the premiere on Canadian TV will be Monday July 19 at 8pm EST

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Well, you're still getting it atleast

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 06:36 AM
In Sweden they've only aired Season 1 5 times I think. Still haven't started with Season 2.

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 07:32 AM
lol Now that's far behind

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 08:40 AM
The sad thing is that they started airing Season 1 while it was airing in the US, or maybe the year after.

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Well, at least it aired. Some people have to wait for downloads!

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 08:52 AM
But season1 was the worst season. And what's the point in not buying the other ones! Stupid networks.

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I liked the finale for season one and the odd episode

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Season1 had the disadvantage if being the first season (WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!) but it still had some good eps.

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I know, there were some good quality episode. About a quarter of them were good

LittleBones
July 15th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Hey folks.

We can narrow down the “when” of Season-7-on-SPACE, a little bit at least.

No specific date or time but, according to the Stargate SG-1 Page (www.spacecast.com/shows/firstRun/stargate_sg1.asp) on the SPACE website - the page that comes up if you click the 'SG-1' link under "First Run Shows," not the one you get if you click the link under "Re-run Shows" (because Lord knows we wouldn't want all the pertinent information about the show to be in one place, would we?) - Season 7 will begin airing in September.

It's in the fine blue print under the program header: "SPACE Premiere of Stargate SG-1 (Season Seven) - September 2004."

Given that 'SG-1' is listed as both a first-run show and a re-run show, I suspect that, come September, Seasons 1 through 5 will continue looping endlessly in a weekday re-run time slot (although probably not the current one), while Season 7, and subsequently 8, will be given the once-weekly treatment (as per 'The Dead Zone,' 'The Collector,' 'Enterprise,' et al).

No clue what they've done with Season 6...

Taonas
July 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM
It premiers in september... Well that's good, at least I can watch the Season 7 premier in good quality before I get the DVD's :p

As for Season 6... That's already out on DVD's so I guess Space decided that most people could just go out and buy it.

Oh... ANYONE IN CANADA WHO WANTS TO SEE ATLANTIS, GET THE MOVIE NETWORK!!!!!!

It airs on Mondays at 8:00... The premier is on July 16th!

MartoufMarty
July 16th, 2004, 05:50 PM
It premiers in september... Well that's good, at least I can watch the Season 7 premier in good quality before I get the DVD's :p

As for Season 6... That's already out on DVD's so I guess Space decided that most people could just go out and buy it.

Oh... ANYONE IN CANADA WHO WANTS TO SEE ATLANTIS, GET THE MOVIE NETWORK!!!!!!

It airs on Mondays at 8:00... The premier is on July 16th!
huh! what? are you talking about Starchoice's Movie Central (621 'n' stuff) and all that??? i really hope you are... i wanna watch it! it would be Mondays starting... this monday?

MartoufMarty
July 17th, 2004, 04:44 PM
ooooh... saw a promo on Movie Central last night. Monday at 8! wee! can't wait :D :D

hail_jack
July 19th, 2004, 06:53 AM
hope so..

David85
July 19th, 2004, 08:31 AM
This confuses me.... You didn't get season 7.... (You aren't missing much) but you need the Lost City and New Order to fully understand everything in Atlantis.

Taonas
July 22nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
This confuses me.... You didn't get season 7.... (You aren't missing much) but you need the Lost City and New Order to fully understand everything in Atlantis.

That's true for the needing of Lost City and New Order... actually, if you think about it seeing New Order isn't that important... But unlike most people, I LIKED SEASON 7!!

Racheal
July 24th, 2004, 09:05 PM
can't wait for season 7 ^.^ has anyone heard if NTV will be playing season 7 as well? As far as I know they were the only Canadian network to play season 6

David85
July 24th, 2004, 09:14 PM
That's true for the needing of Lost City and New Order... actually, if you think about it seeing New Order isn't that important... But unlike most people, I LIKED SEASON 7!!

*GASPS!*

Someone liked season seven?!?!?! The episodes were so shipperish and boring, they all felt like filler episodes for past seasons, which in a way they were.

You like what you like, I still think it's freaky through. :p

Taonas
July 25th, 2004, 07:17 AM
*GASPS!*

Someone liked season seven?!?!?! The episodes were so shipperish and boring, they all felt like filler episodes for past seasons, which in a way they were.

You like what you like, I still think it's freaky through. :p

lol... Well, I'm a die-hard Stargate fan... So for me, it would take a hell of a bad episode for me to say it was bad... Actually, I don't even know if that's possible :p

I'm thanking all TPTB that Altantis is airing on a network like Sci-Fi... Damn FOX for cancelling Firefly... They will forever burn in--- sorry getting off topic there x.x

Anubis
July 25th, 2004, 07:18 AM
You know, I don't particulary care how bad an episode is, there's nothing I can actually do to change it. I'll watch it again even if I don't like the episode.

Taonas
July 25th, 2004, 07:19 AM
You know, I don't particulary care how bad an episode is, there's nothing I can actually do to change it. I'll watch it again even if I don't like the episode.

THAT'S MY ATTITUDE :P

*Cheers for Anubis*

Anubis
July 25th, 2004, 07:20 AM
lol *bows at claps*

Taonas
July 26th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Alright, so Season 7 starts in September on Space... We have Atlantis on The Movie Network.... now all we're missing is season eight of SG-1 :p

Well, that will come after season 7... hm... they're going to air them one a week, so that's 22 weeks... Which is 5 months two weeks...

Well be starting season eight when it finishes on Sci-Fi :mad:

July 28th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Broadband + Nice monitor = temporarily solution.

Then when October rolls around, DVD!

DJofSurrey
September 11th, 2004, 08:46 AM
So I finally got to see "Fallen" my first season 7 episode. For a long time it seemed like it was never going to happen.

I read many people don't like season 7 but Fallen seemed like the same old stargate. I enjoyed this episode and look forward to part 2.

It is nice to see something that is not a rerun; well it is new to me. :D

Baal_Lord
September 11th, 2004, 06:21 PM
I liked the episode as well, but did you notice that it's a bit of a star wars rip :p

AgentX
September 11th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah, it was great seeing it on a television.

I think I'll catch the repeat on City, Monday at 8.

Taonas
September 13th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Yeah, it was great seeing it on a television.

I think I'll catch the repeat on City, Monday at 8.

Repeat?

Jprime
September 25th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Rotten SPACE channel...

Finally get newER episodes, and then decide to show one a week??!!

Is this an attempt to simulate actually watching them as they come out, or an excuse to use one season five times longer than usual? :S

Axle
September 25th, 2004, 07:14 PM
What can you do? I'm just glad Space is doing Season 7, considering UPN just finished season 6. So i'm hoping UPN goes back and shows Children of the Gods (b/c I haven't seen those yet). Yes, even though I'm in Canada, I can get WNLO out of Buffalo on rabbit ears! Stargate is still Stargate even in black and white on a 5" screen!!